Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lag spikes, disconnects etc.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Lag spikes, disconnects etc.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mikailaa
02.04.2013 , 05:05 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
I'm currently on o2, 20mb.

The game was fine before Christmas and BOOM really unplayable lag
Remember it's your Ping (FPS) that matters more than your download speeds, although those are nice too. The game doesn't take up much bandwidth so not sure why since the patch came in prep for FTP that us Subscribers have to suffer so.

Ultimate
02.04.2013 , 05:10 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Mikailaa View Post
Remember it's your Ping (FPS) that matters more than your download speeds, although those are nice too. The game doesn't take up much bandwidth so not sure why since the patch came in prep for FTP that us Subscribers have to suffer so.
I just did a speed test thing .

125 ping
5.46 download speed
0.85 upload speed
"Shoot a nuke down a bug hole, you got a lot of dead bugs"

Its not a Meatree....it's an Ambush!

OwenBrooks
02.04.2013 , 05:35 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultimate View Post
I just did a speed test thing .

125 ping
5.46 download speed
0.85 upload speed
27ms ping for me

DarthInsiria
02.07.2013 , 07:05 AM | #44
Usually when I play the game my so called server lag doesn't exceed 30ms.
Still that doesn't mean everything is all fine.
Yesterday in 2 hours time I've been struck by lag spike 8 times! Each one ended up with me being kicked out from the server straight into infinite loading screen and this crap is driving me nuts.
Yet again another daily fp was missed it's almost impossible to get into group as DPS and when I did get into one I had 3 major spikes during the fp and as result my team broke down in addition I had big trouble getting daily pvp finished.
I actually expected some serious maintenance during this week' Tuesday, to fix at least some of those common problems most of us are facing but nothing was done. I hope it was due the efforts being made on fixing a larger scale of bugs present and not being all lazy "enjoying" our suffering.
Something has to be done, really soon.
[50] Insiria - Sith Juggernaut [50] Kyrae - Sith Assassin
[17] Asathis - Mercenary [17] Nelrae - Jedi Sentinel

OwenBrooks
02.07.2013 , 08:40 AM | #45
DarthInsiria
i took the liberty at looking at your tracert and pathping and reposted here seeing this is your thread so more likely to see this here.

2 28 ms * * 46.7.246.this is concerning and is the only thing out of norm on your tests

This link is between your router/modem and ISP, it is worthwhile investigating, and if you do decide to take my recommendation, then get your tracert you posted with the above line in it and show it to your ISP would be a good starting point to fixing your disconnect issues.

DarthInsiria
02.07.2013 , 11:27 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
DarthInsiria
i took the liberty at looking at your tracert and pathping and reposted here seeing this is your thread so more likely to see this here.

2 28 ms * * 46.7.246.this is concerning and is the only thing out of norm on your tests

This link is between your router/modem and ISP, it is worthwhile investigating, and if you do decide to take my recommendation, then get your tracert you posted with the above line in it and show it to your ISP would be a good starting point to fixing your disconnect issues.
@tracert result
I'll contact my ISP and see how it turns out.

@pathping
Any comments on:
Code:
5 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 213.46.165.138
Complete packet loss just before reaching BW (router/server).

knoxiee
02.07.2013 , 11:37 AM | #47
im having the exact same issue, its come out of nowhere and i have no problems with anything else expect swtor, everything else runs fine.

OwenBrooks
02.07.2013 , 11:19 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthInsiria View Post
@tracert result
I'll contact my ISP and see how it turns out.

@pathping
Any comments on:
Code:
5 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% 213.46.165.138
Complete packet loss just before reaching BW (router/server).
The above too me is not an issue, a complete 100% loss indicates to me that this router has been configured to drop ICMP packets, it is common for some ISPs etc to do this.

In the pathping is this 2 * 46.7.246.1 that * is like in your tracert and is a concern.

DarthInsiria
02.08.2013 , 09:48 AM | #49
Ok so I made tests yesterday and after that I've contacted my ISP (UPC Ireland) providing them with the results.
Today I received the following response from them:

Quote:
Thank you for your e-mail. I have looked over you issue and I can confirm that I have checked the modem and everything is ok with the levels and the connection. I have also changed the wireless channel on your modem that might help with the issue but I have been advised that there is a problem with the EA games servers at this time and this usually happens if the servers are over loaded with users..

OwenBrooks
02.08.2013 , 09:51 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthInsiria View Post
Ok so I made tests yesterday and after that I've contacted my ISP (UPC Ireland) providing them with the results.
Today I received the following response from them:
Gotta love the response, i heard that elvis was alive too.

Do you have IP flood protecttion enabled on your modem ?

This link was a guy at UPC with packet loss like you on the first hop and getting random ping spikes in game just like you , unfortuanetly he only mentions a tech coming out tuesday then nothing, they sent a tech out even though they said nothing was wrong at there end.
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=80762819