Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Underworld Surgeon / Barber Shop

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Onymus
02.06.2013 , 07:49 AM | #11
Nearly all players would utilize this feature if offered on at least one of their characters. Many would use it on multiple characters.

My suggestion would be to have more/cheaper access to this if the player was a subscriber.

Voren_Kurn
02.06.2013 , 12:12 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Onymus View Post
Nearly all players would utilize this feature if offered on at least one of their characters. Many would use it on multiple characters.

My suggestion would be to have more/cheaper access to this if the player was a subscriber.
yeah, at least 3 of my characters would be utilizing a change of some sort.

I whole heartily agree that subbers should have it cheaper or some other thing that makes subbing an incentive. But also to make sure that things that would be considered simply accomplished in the real world (hair style/color/) would just be used via in game credits.

Maybe have it that if you are F2P you have to pay with Cartel Coins to unlock access to the "barber shop" portion and Subscribers just pay credits. But for any Major cosmetic surgery that would require the "Underworld Surgeon" , would still require a voucher from the Cartel Market, coin price lower for Subs than F2Pers
<RELIC>
(Prophecy of the Five)
Republic US East PVE/PVP Guild
Official Guild Site

Beltane
02.06.2013 , 03:23 PM | #13
This is the feature I want implemented most of all.

I have rerolled entirely new characters and deleted level 50s because I didn't like the way they looked anymore. I would pay to change their looks willingly.
--=[ The Ebon Wraiths
Ebon Hawk | Dark Side Criminal RP
IG: Olyvia

Onymus
02.06.2013 , 05:39 PM | #14
Bioware will make money if this is implemented in the cartel market.

Most subscribers by this time have burned through their free cartel coins. That means that when they add a barber shop it would be a guaranteed cartel coin purchase. I hope Bioware does the math of at the least 50% of the player base purchasing the cartel coins to use the barber shop.

I hope they make it a priority.

jresc
02.06.2013 , 05:57 PM | #15
YES !!! we need to ASAP Bioware. It would seem logical that players will want yo change their appearance as most jedis and trooper AGE.
i would love to give my knight an obiwan beard style.

DynamiCtagez
02.06.2013 , 07:17 PM | #16
Bioware PLIS.
Raicen
TOFN

kortenleb
02.07.2013 , 02:51 AM | #17
/signed

Vigilanis
02.07.2013 , 04:46 AM | #18
*SIGNED*

Definitely need this, like I posted elsewhere on the forums, imagine going into a major Op in the game and taking down the Nightmare Pilgrim for example, and having a scar added to your face, maybe for RP purposes to mark the event, or maybe all of your guild members who took part could have it as a badge of honour, maybe you want to just have your character look a bit more beaten up after everything they have been through on the grind to 50....

Some perhaps laughable ideas to some people but the actual key point is 'immersion' and connection to your character and a way to keep them customizable to your every whim and mood.

The game needs this please!
The Legend of Vigi
The Sunrider Legacy

Petnil
02.07.2013 , 05:14 AM | #19
This, and improved character customisation when creating a new character from scratch.. Preferably in the same patch so that all new features in character creation will get added to the ingame feature aswell.

NathanEmmott
02.07.2013 , 10:21 AM | #20 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Howdy!

I love the idea of a barber shop feature; we've kicked the idea around a great deal internally. I especially love the idea of being able to add scars to your character as you level (or maybe even change your human to a cyborg because he took too much battle damage!).
SWTOR Systems Designer