Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MyPetMonkey
02.07.2013 , 02:33 AM | #2521
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Seriously whatever problem you have with me just get over it. You're only digging yourself an even greater hole by making yourself look like a not so nice person.

Btw, there are people there, perhaps they just don't want to play with you?
There's no hole to dig from Ailie. You're delusional. 86% have voted for a merge and I bet 10% want off and to the US servers. And yet you persist with this rubbish that Gav is fine and we're all playing it wrong. I'm a nice guy but I have my reservations about you, each post you seem to look down your nose at the majority of players.

Good for you that you want to RP and pretend to be a Jedi and pretend you are really on Tython. Whatever floats your boat. But it still remains a MMORPG and the game design needs players to work. A majority don't want to play it your way.

Everything is fine for YOU on Gav Daragon not the majority. You are selfish and I'll call you out on it because that IS THE TYPE of person I am.

Marshal_Ney
02.07.2013 , 02:41 AM | #2522
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post
There's no hole to dig from Ailie. You're delusional. 86% have voted for a merge and I bet 10% want off and to the US servers. And yet you persist with this rubbish that Gav is fine and we're all playing it wrong. I'm a nice guy but I have my reservations about you, each post you seem to look down your nose at the majority of players.

Good for you that you want to RP and pretend to be a Jedi and pretend you are really on Tython. Whatever floats your boat. But it still remains a MMORPG and the game design needs players to work. A majority don't want to play it your way.

Everything is fine for YOU on Gav Daragon not the majority. You are selfish and I'll call you out on it because that IS THE TYPE of person I am.
Just to make clear my vote,i would like to be trensfered to a EU (not us) server
Anyway,IF they decide to let us transfer,they should allow us to choose to go to play with the old or new continent.
I'm not a prophet or a stone age man,Just a mortal
with the potential of a superman,I'm living on"

darthnish
02.07.2013 , 02:43 AM | #2523
Quote: Originally Posted by MyPetMonkey View Post

Quoting a star trek line i heard on big bang theory, the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few.

craic_fox
02.07.2013 , 02:48 AM | #2524
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
People wishing to stick to themselves are always going to have issues getting into end game and that's nobody's fault but their own.
Not entirely their own fault. The game simply makes it too easy to solo. Not only that, it offers a finely crafted and engaging single-player experience and bolts it onto a tired, formulaic themepark MMO framework. You can't really blame players for sticking to themselves when the game's design positively encourages it. And when that rather passive, linear experience reaches its conclusion, you can't just offer up some turgid gear-grind of an endgame and hope they'll hang around because it's Star Wars.

Anyway, this debate is getting tiresome. If the personal attacks continue, the thread will probably be locked. It does seem as though most people who are interested in playing this game long-term are in favour of a merge. I dislike the idea, but I'm not likely to be hanging around for long once I've finished my class stories so my own objections are really of secondary concern. An answer from BW is long overdue and frankly it would be nice to get this issue resolved just so this thread can finally disappear from the first page and give way to more enthralling posts about crop-tops, wookies and server transfers.

DuckimusPrime
02.07.2013 , 02:55 AM | #2525
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
Quoting a star trek line i heard on big bang theory, the needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few.
Last quoted by Leonard Nimoy as justification to wipe out Earth in favour of restoring Cybertron to it's glory.

Despite that though, I'd still like to get access to a larger population. The thing stopping me from simply abandoning my Gav Daragon character is the Cartel Market items I've bought.

iheartnyc
02.07.2013 , 02:55 AM | #2526
Quote: Originally Posted by craic_fox View Post
Not entirely their own fault. The game simply makes it too easy to solo. Not only that, it offers a finely crafted and engaging single-player experience and bolts it onto a tired, formulaic themepark MMO framework. You can't really blame players for sticking to themselves when the game's design positively encourages it. And when that rather passive, linear experience reaches its conclusion, you can't just offer up some turgid gear-grind of an endgame and hope they'll hang around because it's Star Wars.
How does the game design encourages sticking to yourself? Did you miss all the opportunities for Heroics, Flashpoints and Raids when you were leveling?

Also, what about end-game? I know you call it a "turgid gear-grind" but you just don't understand what end-game is about. Is PvPing or Raiding a gear-grind? If your sole objective is the gear, then yes, it is a grind. But if you actually enjoy PvPing or Raiding, just like people who play any other multiplayer game whether it be Starcraft or Counterstrike or Halo or LoL or FIFA or Madden enjoy playing the "same game" again and again, then no, it is not a grind at all.

DuckimusPrime
02.07.2013 , 03:03 AM | #2527
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
How does the game design encourages sticking to yourself? Did you miss all the opportunities for Heroics, Flashpoints and Raids when you were leveling?
Heroic, Flashpoints and raids don't tie into the class story that progresses you around the galaxy, and they don't tie into the individual planet quest lines. They're something that sets to the side, and with the exception of Esseles you're never really driven towards them.

Well that is until Ilum, where The Battle of Ilum and False Emperor are pushed through the story line. But I haven't seen any connection to the other Flashpoints. Of course, that is a deliberate design choice. It means that people don't get stuck in progressing the story because there's no grouping option.

iheartnyc
02.07.2013 , 03:23 AM | #2528
Quote: Originally Posted by DuckimusPrime View Post
Heroic, Flashpoints and raids don't tie into the class story that progresses you around the galaxy, and they don't tie into the individual planet quest lines. They're something that sets to the side, and with the exception of Esseles you're never really driven towards them.
Which is saying something completely different from the original statement of "You can't really blame players for sticking to themselves when the game's design positively encourages it."

The game giving you a choice, or not really pushing you towards grouping, does not mean that the game encourages you to stick to yourself.

darthnish
02.07.2013 , 06:38 AM | #2529
tbh the first time i ever did a PuG heroic at all was when i re rolled to ToFN it was quite awesome.

vermura
02.07.2013 , 08:17 AM | #2530
Just merge all the servers, there is fundamentally, no difference between PVE and PVP servers anyway because of the way the world is laid out.

There are so many barriers to world pvp, the distinction is preety much irrelevant.
The Bastion Seraphic Nexus
My toons and their Valor Rank: Setx 100, Sety ~70, Arikall ~80, Arikal ~70, Arikill ~60, Arikrule ~70, Lolgasm ~60, Arikell ~70.
Dark Age of Camelot: Vermura - Midgaard Kay - Realm Rank 10 Healer