Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

TFB Secret Zone

Telanis
02.06.2013 , 10:42 AM | #261
Quote: Originally Posted by Gudeldar View Post
This is the effect details for the orb from torhead.

Effect Subeffect Type Text
0 1 condition IsInCombat: Negated=>1, Actor=>Target
0 1 condition HasEffect: FromActor=>None, Negated=>1, Actor=>Caster, Count=>1
1 1 action CallEffect: FromActor=>Caster, EffectNumber=>2
1 1 action PlayAppearance: DependentOnCallingEffect=>1, AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superbo ss.itm_orb_toss
2 0 init SetDuration: MaxDuration=>15000, Duration=>15000, Toughness=>3
2 0 init SetStackLimit: MaxStackCount=>1
2 0 init SetHidden: IsHidden=>1
2 0 condition IfCalledByEffect
2 1 action PlayAppearance: AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superbo ss.itm_orb_persist
Sounds like you can use it on Dreadtooth and it does something to him.

itsmymillertime
02.06.2013 , 10:47 AM | #262
Quote: Originally Posted by Gudeldar View Post
This is the effect details for the orb from torhead.

Effect Subeffect Type Text
0 1 condition IsInCombat: Negated=>1, Actor=>Target
0 1 condition HasEffect: FromActor=>None, Negated=>1, Actor=>Caster, Count=>1
1 1 action CallEffect: FromActor=>Caster, EffectNumber=>2
1 1 action PlayAppearance: DependentOnCallingEffect=>1, AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superbo ss.itm_orb_toss
2 0 init SetDuration: MaxDuration=>15000, Duration=>15000, Toughness=>3
2 0 init SetStackLimit: MaxStackCount=>1
2 0 init SetHidden: IsHidden=>1
2 0 condition IfCalledByEffect
2 1 action PlayAppearance: AppearanceSpec=>epp.qtr.1x4.daily.belsavis.superbo ss.itm_orb_persist
Reading this I conclude, the belsavis superboss is the Dreadful Entity, the animation that displays when you activate the orb is a smaller version of the Dreadful Entity. So the code loads the Dreadful Entity and overlays it onto the targeted player. Also the "PlayAppearance" hints at my theory that it plays the animation of the Dreadful Entity, which it does on the targeted player. Also "MaxDuration" is a time frame, does the "Orb" animation last 15 seconds aka 15000 milliseconds. As a code writer, we write time in milliseconds.

Think of it as a Czerka Crate-o-matic.

KarethRiker
02.06.2013 , 12:03 PM | #263
First off total studs, congrats on solving it.

Totally agree on these theories. Seems like Dreadooth would be the Belsavis Superboss, so look forward to hearing what you guys find on that.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
BTW These are the current carnage theories on the dreadful orb:

1.After killing the TFB (final boss) - the corpse where you loot looks exactly like the dread entity - the buff from the dreadful orb looks like an anomaly - so we would like to try casting the dreadful orb on the corpse of the TFB.

2.We tried casting the dreadful orb on DreadTooth - but we think that casting it on the tank that engages DreadTooth might do something difference.

3.We did not try casting dreadful orb on DreadTooth after buffing him to 10 stack (we tried on 1 stack).

4.We would like to try casting the dreadful orb on the other world boss in Belsavis.

These are our current best theories however, I'd like to note this for anyone looking for an answer:
Dreadful orb can be casted on anyone - friend or foe. It could be some weird power up device. It is a Gree technology, most likely - so I would look for clues around the Gree (and not EC). Because it can be casted on friend or foe, we feel like it is not location specific, necessarily, but more likely target specific for its given function.

Also ... as far as we know there aren't any outstanding titles to be had ... you'd think there would be if there were another secret boss out there. I will be sure to keep everyone updated as we learn more and try new things (especially within these theories). Definitely look forward to everyone's suggestions!
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

Ryvirath
02.06.2013 , 01:05 PM | #264
Carnage Gaming on the Shadowlands apparently had a world first with 10 stack dreadtooth and the dreadful entity. I've seen them walking around with dread slayer titles.
Disembrae Legacy
BiS pvper streaming all classes and specs (Returning August 2014)

Free stuff referral

ML_DoubleTap
02.06.2013 , 01:32 PM | #265
Kinda surprised there's not been a developer comment on this achievement. It was really cool watching last night and I'd like to thank Carnage Gaming for streaming it for all of us to enjoy. I think at peak it reached almost 700 viewers! A sign this game isn't as dead as some people think
<Proper Villians> Rhees Bonkurz

<Army of Light> Tann'se Siir Atone Askar Grills

KarethRiker
02.06.2013 , 02:20 PM | #266
Agree, this was really exciting. You have my guild re-energized about Dreadtooth.

Quote: Originally Posted by ML_DoubleTap View Post
Kinda surprised there's not been a developer comment on this achievement. It was really cool watching last night and I'd like to thank Carnage Gaming for streaming it for all of us to enjoy. I think at peak it reached almost 700 viewers! A sign this game isn't as dead as some people think
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

Ansalem
02.07.2013 , 12:44 AM | #267
grats on the 10 stack kill and the entity kill and titles...one problem I have with the way bioware has this set up...it takes 24 to down dreadtooth to get the amulet, but then you have to boot 8 people from the group that just helped you do that awesome feat in order to down entity in 16 man. It just seems like poor design by bioware to screw 8 people out of their entity kill.

Nibbon
02.07.2013 , 12:54 AM | #268
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
grats on the 10 stack kill and the entity kill and titles...one problem I have with the way bioware has this set up...it takes 24 to down dreadtooth to get the amulet, but then you have to boot 8 people from the group that just helped you do that awesome feat in order to down entity in 16 man. It just seems like poor design by bioware to screw 8 people out of their entity kill.
I intend on killing the entity again just for those 8 people specifically.

Kitru
02.07.2013 , 12:58 AM | #269
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
I intend on killing the entity again just for those 8 people specifically.
The problem I have is that BW indicated that they didn't want 8m and 16m to provide different rewards. By forcing a 24 man group to take down a world boss and then a 16m group to take down a secret boss only available within the 16m version of the instance, any group that prefers to do 8m content is screwed out of both of those titles.

I see confirmation of this as a giant middle finger to 8m guilds.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Nibbon
02.07.2013 , 01:09 AM | #270
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
The problem I have is that BW indicated that they didn't want 8m and 16m to provide different rewards. By forcing a 24 man group to take down a world boss and then a 16m group to take down a secret boss only available within the 16m version of the instance, any group that prefers to do 8m content is screwed out of both of those titles.

I see confirmation of this as a giant middle finger to 8m guilds.
On the other end of the spectrum, 16 man raid groups are complaining that they aren't being given special rewards for their extra efforts on their harder content (not necessarily my opinion, but one I have seen).