Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PUGs UNITE!!!


Mozivicus's Avatar


Mozivicus
02.06.2013 , 04:23 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Briggs_Knightly View Post
EA needs to LISTEN to us... or LOSE us.

I do not want to keep people who enjoy playing as a group from doing so. It is understandable that some people really like the social aspect of playing with the same people time after time after time. The whole ranked WZ platform is based on this. There needs to be an option for these guys to continue Qing for team based PVP.

However, There are many people, like me, who just want to jump in and PVP with random people. I enjoy the constantly varried groupings and the different strategies that must be deployed based on who you have.

EA has failed us miserably.

We have asked nicely long enough and it is now time to DEMAND an option for us to play this game the way we want to.

We pay just as much to play this game as the premade guys do and we no longer want to play this game at a DISADVANTAGE. The premade guys get on vent, mumble or some other communication form and get to coordinate better. THAT GIVES THEM AN ADVANTAGE. I do not want to hear any arguments that it doesn't give them one because you would just be silly. I also do NOT want to hear anyone say that I CAN do that as well. I do NOT want to play in a premade group.

I am not sure how many people have quit this game because they were tired of getting rolled by premade groups but it is more than EA wants to admitt. The thought that they would some day give us the option of playing the way we want is fading. We no longer BELIEVE that you LOSERS at EA who decide the future of this game care about us. More people will quit because of this ignorance by the developers. This will be a trickle over time and will continue to go unreported UNLESS we stand together.

The people who are still here obviously want to stay in this game but we NEED to be heard. My proposal is to set a date long enough in the future that EA has to time to incorporate a premade-free PVP option but not so far out that we lose determination. My date is "Independence Day". If EA does not give us what we want by July 4th... we should all cancel our accounts.
I'm pretty sure the devs attributed the game's attrition to "teams of stun locking operatives".

I think it's clear that they have not nerfed operatives enough.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
02.06.2013 , 04:59 PM | #82
This thread is a joke right?

I don't want to mouse turn, make a queue where you have to keyboard turn please. Those mouse turners have an advantage.

I don't want to keybind, make a queue where you have to click your abilities please. Keybinders have an advantage.

I don't want to buy stims, make a queue where you can't use stims please. People who use stims have an advantage.

This is pretty much what I'm hearing from you. I don't WANT to do something, so take it away from everyone else. If you feel it's such an advantage then you should be doing it.
I have opinions and stuff

DarthBama's Avatar


DarthBama
02.06.2013 , 05:10 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
This thread is a joke right?

I don't want to mouse turn, make a queue where you have to keyboard turn please. Those mouse turners have an advantage.

I don't want to keybind, make a queue where you have to click your abilities please. Keybinders have an advantage.

I don't want to buy stims, make a queue where you can't use stims please. People who use stims have an advantage.

This is pretty much what I'm hearing from you. I don't WANT to do something, so take it away from everyone else. If you feel it's such an advantage then you should be doing it.
The strawman and slippery slope arguments are getting old. The OP is simply asking for a way to queue solo into a WZ where all other people pressed the solo queue button too. Sure people could sync queues, but i think all of the people wanting his feature would happily take that risk. He is not trying to take anything away from you (other than 8 man randoms to dominate), so why are people so darn defensive about this? In the evening I queue with my guild mates. When I'm at lunch I just want to solo queue quickly for as many PvP matches I can get in during my hour lunch.

MikeTheDuke's Avatar


MikeTheDuke
02.06.2013 , 05:12 PM | #84
An interesting issue, one I have seen time and time again while increasing the amount of PvP I am doing. I am in a guild who do like to PvP but often when I am online they arean't therefore no pre-mades. So a lot of the time I pug. I can spot groups who do this thing together, the way in which they team up.

But the queuing, though you can queue Solo and as a Group, but it should be based on a few preferences when it comes to new WZ being created.
  1. Are there 2 groups from this faction to fill 8
  2. If there isn't are there smaller groups (3 or 2s that can fill the gaps)
  3. Add solos into the remaining slots to make up 8.
Then when a WZ is being created another check is done
  1. Are there 8 Solos on this faction to form a team.
  2. if not, then are there smaller groups to fill the gaps needed (2 or 3 man groups)

It is more of an issue playing against pre-made groups than playing with them. But it isn't broken but needs some tweaking. There is a few things about PvP that needs tweaking, but I am unsure of the numbers playing at anyone time, and a lot of these tweaks are easy if the numbers are high, lower ones will have people waiting in queues for a while to be filled.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

Crerin's Avatar


Crerin
02.06.2013 , 05:26 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBama View Post
The strawman and slippery slope arguments are getting old. The OP is simply asking for a way to queue solo into a WZ where all other people pressed the solo queue button too. Sure people could sync queues, but i think all of the people wanting his feature would happily take that risk. He is not trying to take anything away from you (other than 8 man randoms to dominate), so why are people so darn defensive about this? In the evening I queue with my guild mates. When I'm at lunch I just want to solo queue quickly for as many PvP matches I can get in during my hour lunch.
apparently you haven't read anything other than that most people don't want this, but if you read WHY, maybe you can understand... Everyone is afraid bioware is going to be as dumb as the people complaining and literally just add a "solo que" button. That will not fix that some teams will be stacked and some wont.
The OP will still be crying that he gets his **** kicked in, he is obviously not a hardcore gamer and will lose a lot (which is fine).
This "solo que" button some people so desperately want will only increase timers on wz pops, which during primetime on most servers this will probably not START as an issue. People will have longer que times, get frustrated and quit.
People that are bad will still get rolled, and not even be able to blame it on the premades.
The game could use a better matchmaking system, where you get matched up against people or groups that are around your same skill level. Even this would only work if they implemented cross server ques. I'm not sure if you were here for release, but people will not deal with long que times (which some feel 5m is long)
Krer 50 Op
Krerin 50 Sorc
Rin 50 Mara

Individual's Avatar


Individual
02.06.2013 , 06:15 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Briggs_Knightly View Post
EA needs to LISTEN to us... or LOSE us.

I do not want to keep people who enjoy playing as a group from doing so. It is understandable that some people really like the social aspect of playing with the same people time after time after time. The whole ranked WZ platform is based on this. There needs to be an option for these guys to continue Qing for team based PVP.

However, There are many people, like me, who just want to jump in and PVP with random people. I enjoy the constantly varried groupings and the different strategies that must be deployed based on who you have.

EA has failed us miserably.

We have asked nicely long enough and it is now time to DEMAND an option for us to play this game the way we want to.

We pay just as much to play this game as the premade guys do and we no longer want to play this game at a DISADVANTAGE. The premade guys get on vent, mumble or some other communication form and get to coordinate better. THAT GIVES THEM AN ADVANTAGE. I do not want to hear any arguments that it doesn't give them one because you would just be silly. I also do NOT want to hear anyone say that I CAN do that as well. I do NOT want to play in a premade group.

I am not sure how many people have quit this game because they were tired of getting rolled by premade groups but it is more than EA wants to admitt. The thought that they would some day give us the option of playing the way we want is fading. We no longer BELIEVE that you LOSERS at EA who decide the future of this game care about us. More people will quit because of this ignorance by the developers. This will be a trickle over time and will continue to go unreported UNLESS we stand together.

The people who are still here obviously want to stay in this game but we NEED to be heard. My proposal is to set a date long enough in the future that EA has to time to incorporate a premade-free PVP option but not so far out that we lose determination. My date is "Independence Day". If EA does not give us what we want by July 4th... we should all cancel our accounts.
Hey bro, go buy a console and some single player games. Warzones are "team" based gameplay. That means, you play as a team. Most solo quers don't do that. If anything, you are runing others experience by quing up with your 14k HP chasing after everything that is red in a warzone and not even worrying about the objectives. Lets all be honest here, how many pugs have made you lose vs. how many premades have made you lose? I know, I know... Some premades suck; however, I would take most premades on my team than pugs anyday of the week. If you want to do single player pvp, then go out into the open world and pvp people who are flagged. Or as I said before, go buy a console and do some single player games till your heart is content.

Who do you think is going to last longer in a game and pay for subs longer? People who play solo play and que solo for warzone, or a person who plays with a guild wand ques for warzones with their guild? Sure I could always use the que finder for stuff, but you really think a group of pugs is going to clear something like EC nightmare.... NO! This game and most other mmos are ment to be played as a "team". You can't even do probably half the stuff most MMOs offer unless you orgainze your groups.

Again, warzones are "team" based, not "me" based.

LogicalPremise's Avatar


LogicalPremise
02.06.2013 , 07:01 PM | #87
I can't believe this is a thread.

The entire argument "give us what we want or we quit" is the highest level of illogicality ever , as if this person speaks for a significant group of anyone. (Besides bads).

Ugly and several others have tried, with far more patience than I would have , to drive two simple points into your brains, which you continually resist.

1) What you want (a queue of people who are not in a group) will not solve your problem in any way, shape or form without better matchmaking. You will still get rolled , by people better than you. You will still be trounced, by people who know their class when you do not. You will not even get occasional wins by having a premade on your side. Then you will come here and complain again. Taking premades out of the mix only ensures that whatever side has the most experienced 50's in the best gear wins. Period. End of story. That's no better than what you have now. In fact it will be worse -- the people who LIKE beating up on pugs in BiS gear and years of experience will solo que and there won't even be premades to slow these people down.

2) There's no fun in beating on pugs when you have everything you need and are in BiS gear. At that point you want a challenge. PUGS think premades like beating up on them because PUGS don't get the idea of a challenge. But in the system you describe, premades are punished with long queue times to make up for your lack of ability. In other words, the people derping around get nothing, and the people who play the game right get nothing.

You want a solo que? It should be pure deathmatch, I've soloed this week just to see and most pugs are incapable of even following simple instructions or basic teamwork. A solo queue for objective based maps is just going to be a derp-farm of medal farming , mixed with the people who like killing pugs who solo group.
Majynn, L55 Sorc - The Society - Harbinger
Garadan, L55 Jugg- Dark Void - Harbinger
Vongrath, L35 Op- Dark Void - Harbinger

iSoldat's Avatar


iSoldat
02.06.2013 , 08:11 PM | #88
I've come to realize the even if BW created a matchmaking system, everyone would complain because the queue doesn't pop. Why? If you need 2 healers and 2 tanks and 4 dps, you'd have a hard time getting that mix on both sides when everyone is rolling a FotM.

To those that argue that pugs need to get into a group, I say you are missing the point because every time you queue solo, there are 7 other players on your team. Sometimes you get a decent group that can actually work together enough to get the job done and sometimes you get the newer and/or bad players.

I also saw some say that we should use the tools available. The only tools BW included with the game obviously don't cut it. However, the 3rd party tools that are being used by the not-so casual pvpr do give advantage that isn't provided by the game makers. A next gen game should have included voice com, just like some of the newer mmos released before swtor where development started after BW chose to use the hero engine.

Yes, there are third party tools that can be used, but the random grouping makes things more exciting when it takes more of an effort to grow into the team you queue with. It's no different the the "awesome" group finder, but you still have to operate as a team to complete some of them. Just ask those in the pvp forum that have announced their boredom with same-ole same-ole WZs and stomping pugs. Ask them if they would choose to pug to break up the monotony, my guess is that they would say no. A hard earned win is a heck of a lot more gratifying than the 3cap, 6score huttball runs that finish before anyone can blink.

MotorCityMan's Avatar


MotorCityMan
02.06.2013 , 08:36 PM | #89
I don't get why the OP is waiting so long to quit. It's not like there aren't a lot of other choices. If you get into a wz facing a premade, just quit. I can tell in 30 seconds if I am facing an organized premade. Just AFK out. Better yet, just quit STWOR randoms and pvp in a game that doesn't have all the crazy imbalances. Or make the cheesiness of premades rollin pugs work for ya. Find some people that like doin that sort of thing and become "friends" and start facerollin them pugs. And don't forget to tell your new friends how them pugs deserve to get creamed because they are "bads". They like that stuff.

Arlanon's Avatar


Arlanon
02.06.2013 , 08:46 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by Briggs_Knightly
EA needs to LISTEN to us... or LOSE us.
goodbye and good riddance. stop ruining my warzones.

you refuse to play as a group, then complain that groups are beating you, and somehow this is a fail on EA's part. what?