Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.7 Class Changes (Datamined)

Carter_Mathis
02.06.2013 , 06:03 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayshawn View Post
Carth, you know whats getting a buff from the gods: Dirty Fighting, that means Neb is getting a buff from the gods. Maybe its time to lock up your Flechette rounds and pick up some Shrap Bombs.
Meh, they have a nicer ability to burst now with the free Cull, but if I were to trade over to that I'd lose out on the ability to lock down people who are hitting Barbie, and certain 1v1's will become more difficult. Maybe if it's gonna be a long VS I'll go DF for the number whoring, but otherwise I prefer scrapper.

ktkenshinx
02.06.2013 , 06:50 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by LastWizard View Post
Stealth detection being increased by 25-30. It will matter. Hopefully they lessen it.
Sneak increases stealth level by 15 on use. Shifty-Eyed gives another 2. Two-three other talents in the new tree give another 2-3 bonus each. So in the worse case scenario, Snipers would have a +5 or so stealth detection on us, and that's easily surmounted with our new awesome gap closer.
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
I mean, I could give you a dead sniper before having a gap closer.....
Yeah, anyone can; that's one of our best matchups. Perhaps I was unclear.

What I meant was, even with their new outrageous stealth detection boost, our gap closer will let us get close to them without them noticing us. So fellow Ops/Scoundrels shouldn't be TOO worried about it.
Quote:
But I have to feel a little left out when knights and slingers can start popping off executes on any target and getting damage buffs and I get another fun mobility buff
I've never had an issue with mobility and classes whose damage output stays the same while other classes are buffed are relatively weakened
TBH I wouldn't even want a damage boost to Scrappers. We hit quite hard as is. The only things we do need are a) survivability (we need this badly) and b) better sustained damage. The former is accomplished through a number of talents and abilities that I saw in the data mining (Evasion procs, Scamper, etc.). The latter is geting a little attention (there's an energy cost reduction on Sabotage Charge that I recall), but it needs more help than just a single ability's reduction. Even just a +1 or +2 energy regeneraton boost on Pugnacity would be awesome.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---

Ravashakk
02.06.2013 , 08:00 PM | #73
Anyone else boggled by an alacrity proc in the scrapper tree? Also phase walk? As much as I would abuse this ability as written, it is way too op.
Medicine/Lethality PVP Patch 2.3
I don't tab dot to fluff my damage...I tab dot so that when I'm done wrecking your buddy, I can move right on to wrecking you.

LastWizard
02.06.2013 , 08:17 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Ravashakk View Post
Anyone else boggled by an alacrity proc in the scrapper tree? Also phase walk? As much as I would abuse this ability as written, it is way too op.
Enjoy the power. Assassins are going in the toilet with this patch. Scoundrels are going to be devastating in this patch.

TwistedTony
02.06.2013 , 09:23 PM | #75
Every class is getting something. Assassins don't get anything?? Really? This is bogus.
coming from a veng jug that does equal dps of a dps sin, if sin's aren't getting buffs that IS bogus
The Bastion - Descension
Rexas - Juggernaut, Predatus - Marauder, Malitus - Assassin
Vigilax - Guardian

PlaceAdHere
02.06.2013 , 09:30 PM | #76
The only fair nerf to focus/rage is a retroactive permanent nerf to the stats of anyone who ran it.
Space Available
<Goon Squad>
Placeadhere - Chemist - Marie'curie
<That's No Goon>
Call for more information.

LastWizard
02.06.2013 , 09:34 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by TwistedTony View Post
coming from a veng jug that does equal dps of a dps sin, if sin's aren't getting buffs that IS bogus
I have seen the buffs for almost all of the classes and marauders get yet another buff. Sins are going to be just like the patch before deception got buffed. Terrible. Oh well guess I'll have to deal yet again with more op classes. I survived the smash parade, guess I can deal with this too. However I can deal with it, doesn't mean I'll stay quiet. I'm going to complain.

Carter_Mathis
02.06.2013 , 09:46 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by TwistedTony View Post
Show me an SS of a 1.6 mil damage match with 1.3-1.4k dps and I'll believe that you can do as much damage as a balance shadow

Carter_Mathis
02.06.2013 , 09:51 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by ktkenshinx View Post
Sneak increases stealth level by 15 on use. Shifty-Eyed gives another 2. Two-three other talents in the new tree give another 2-3 bonus each. So in the worse case scenario, Snipers would have a +5 or so stealth detection on us, and that's easily surmounted with our new awesome gap closer.

Yeah, anyone can; that's one of our best matchups. Perhaps I was unclear.

What I meant was, even with their new outrageous stealth detection boost, our gap closer will let us get close to them without them noticing us. So fellow Ops/Scoundrels shouldn't be TOO worried about it.

TBH I wouldn't even want a damage boost to Scrappers. We hit quite hard as is. The only things we do need are a) survivability (we need this badly) and b) better sustained damage. The former is accomplished through a number of talents and abilities that I saw in the data mining (Evasion procs, Scamper, etc.). The latter is geting a little attention (there's an energy cost reduction on Sabotage Charge that I recall), but it needs more help than just a single ability's reduction. Even just a +1 or +2 energy regeneraton boost on Pugnacity would be awesome.
1.) Shifty-eyed is a stealth detection buff, not a stealth level buff, also you have "worst case scenario" confused with "best possible situation"
2.) I wouldn't want a burst buff to scrapper, that would be inane. But even you asked for a sustained damage buff/energy management buff, which seems quite appropriate. I've topped out at 775k damage in a VS, and I'm sure that would've been an easy mill with any real dps class

ktkenshinx
02.06.2013 , 10:26 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Carter_Mathis View Post
1.) Shifty-eyed is a stealth detection buff, not a stealth level buff, also you have "worst case scenario" confused with "best possible situation"
Whoops. Meant Sneaky, not Shifty-Eyed. I'm still just not scared of the Sniper. It would really take a lot to make that matchup bad, and him detecting us from a few meters away just means we have to time our approach instead of just ramboing up. If anything it will make that fight more fun.
Quote:
2.) I wouldn't want a burst buff to scrapper, that would be inane. But even you asked for a sustained damage buff/energy management buff, which seems quite appropriate. I've topped out at 775k damage in a VS, and I'm sure that would've been an easy mill with any real dps class
Yeah... we need some sustained help.
I have seen the buffs for almost all of the classes and marauders get yet another buff. Sins are going to be just like the patch before deception got buffed. Terrible. Oh well guess I'll have to deal yet again with more op classes. I survived the smash parade, guess I can deal with this too. However I can deal with it, doesn't mean I'll stay quiet. I'm going to complain.
Those marauder buffs aren't that scary, looking over the changes. I am happy to see smash and sweep get a reasonable nerf (not an over-nerf). There are also a number of changes to that tree which the dataminers haven't yet figured out, so I am holding out hope.
The Outlaw Miyke Fink: Scrapper, Prophecy of the Five
See you, space cowboys!: Formerly of Brown Coats
---THE SCRAPPER'S HANDBOOK: A PvP Guide---