Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PUGs UNITE!!!

DarthSabreth
02.06.2013 , 01:24 AM | #41
while i agree with you that premades should be seperate from the pugs but right now its not viable because:

1. BW will not or cannot instill a cross server pvp que.
2. who wants to sit around for 2+ hours in que for rateds because there is not enough on the server queing for them.
3. most good players get bored steamrolling pugs so the only ones that do it on a constant basis are the ones that want easy wins.
4. the devs dont seem to put pvp as a priority so any agressive changes will take along time if at all.

I will not be quiting this game i love the story and i like star wars, the only strong issue i have with this game is with the resolve changes that happened in patch 1.4
"I have brought peace, freedom, justice, and security to my new Empire!" Rip .

symke
02.06.2013 , 01:36 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by UGLYMRJ View Post

This is the first online game I've played where so many people stood behind the idea of "nerf team work".

It's a pretty ridiculous idea. That's exactly what makes online gaming great.
You don't exactly understand the problem. No one wants to nerf team work. We just want to separate any kind of "work" (it was your choice of words and very good one, I might add) from "fun". Many players find it fun to play in a random team against a random team. Many players do not want to do anything that resembles work or too heavy commitment and simply want to have fun. In losing or winning. With like minded people. Which you are not a part of.
And that is also the reason to separate your play from mine. They are different.

Calitri
02.06.2013 , 01:43 AM | #43
Not wanting teamwork in a team work based part of the game........ really?

LeonHawkeye
02.06.2013 , 02:11 AM | #44
Bump because we seriously need a proper matchmaking system. Anyone with a brain can admit the current system is not working. I group and solo queue often, the system repels the vast majority of the player base which happen to be PUG oriented casuals while catering to a severe minority, the more organized pre-mades. While I do think both sides deserve adequate attention, the answer is not to force grouping on everyone, we desperately need cross realm function to resuscitate Ranked for the Premades and adequate matchmaking when they happen to trickle down into Normals and also to keep games competitive instead of one sided, I have been spewing this for several months. If it doesn't happen soon we will indeed lose most of the PUG Minded casual people, which believe it or not compromise a much bigger portion of the player base than do any other classification of people. Losing the vast majority of any game's player base is bad for the game as a whole.

SpoeMeister
02.06.2013 , 02:41 AM | #45
I'm a PUGger, and also a casual. Because I don't play all that much (8-10hours a week) I feel I'm not really guild-material. So I pug all the time.

But according to the suggestions here, I'd never get the chance to play with and against well coordinated people. This is not something I support. I like teamwork, and I like the challenge to promote teamwork in a pug. So far, while leveling my lowbees, I have seen some very good coordination coming from people with obvious experience. I also tend to throw in suggestions when I see fit (ie. Focus Healer and I mark them, or headcounting in Novare Coast to see where the enemy is/could be).

I want the opportunity to see better people performing so I can learn from them. Maybe eventually, some guild will adopt me because they recognized my contributions to winning the warzone.

EDIT: A good solution would be to have some actual Open World PvP for the people that just want to have fun instead of organized games.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

Ganjavus
02.06.2013 , 02:42 AM | #46
The biggest problem, in my opinion, is that the games are objective based and a lot of people want to play FFA.

They want to go in, have chuck norris lightsaber fun and leave.

Unfortunately it's not how pvp works in this game. There's objectives and you need half your brain and a team to win.

That said, I really dont understand why people choose to pug exclusively. Every character I levelled, or am levelling, I meet nice, decent playing people in warzones and questing. And I always add them to my list for a future match. Because it's more fun not having to eat my keyboard out of frustration because of all the mistakes the FFA-players make, in this objective based game.
Simple as that.

Maybe a suggestion could be to implement group finder for pvp, if matchmaking is too hard to achieve.
If there's two groups with a semi decent setup in a team, they're one step close to being competitive.

People don't have to use it. But they have a better chance on a good game and thus; some fun, if they will.
And as a bonus: you meet some people you know you can rely on. And guess what? You can add them to your friendslist, to make the groupfinder wait shorter the next time.
The Spurius Senex Legacy
Carnage Mara / Tanky Pyro / Healing Op / Vengeance Jugg / Nasty Sin
TRE

Feztonio
02.06.2013 , 04:12 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
"bioware, they beat me! i want to win! make it so i dont have to play against good players anymore!"

sometimes it's just complaining yes, but dude you know there's pugstomping groups that could be in ranked wz's but they bottom feed off of recruit geared fresh 50's with their EWH full-augment gear. daily. because it's more fun than fighting fair fights in ranked.

i partly blame bw for not having cross server with some sort of gearcheck that puts matches together based loosely on gear comparison, but i also blame the geared players for picking on ungeared players on purpose because being in god-mode is fun. this game is built solely around gear, smash/force sweep and stuns, rather than any actual skill when it comes to pvp. when you add vent and coordinated team with gear smash/sweep and stuns against a pug group with no gear and if you refuse to acknowledge theres an unfair set up then you're either ignorant or lying because you're on the fun side of the pugstomp
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

Khalhazar
02.06.2013 , 05:53 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by V-Serp View Post
Sure why not? We can make a 2v8 or 3v8 wz for you and your wife.
I think either you've missed my point or you're trolling. ;-) You could make the same argument for everyone ************ about solo queues resulting in going up against preforms (with the implied +7 other random people added). It's a silly argument.

My point was: if you're going to have a queue for "preforms" (including partials) and a queue for "non-preforms", where do you draw the line?
Semah Valerian <Some Sith and a Spy> | Juggernaut | Begeren Colony

shojj
02.06.2013 , 06:57 AM | #49
Why not also make separate queues for those who don't want to play with expertise as well then?

Hell, lets make separate queues for those who wants to play without tanks, or without heals, or without dps.

Oh, and the BS you're saying about the game dying if you don't get what you want.. That's just what that is, ********.
Hairless
Incognitous
Baldguyftw

cycao
02.06.2013 , 07:04 AM | #50
Am I the only one that saw the title and thought it said PUGS UNTIE?