Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Alternate Universe Weekly Challenge Thread

bright_ephemera
02.03.2013 , 09:52 PM | #471
This is skipping ahead a few weeks for Vierce in the Cipher Nine-framed-Elara-Dorne AU, on a track that briefly runs parallel to Havoc Squad's own activities. Call this one Loyalty and Betrayal. Ardun Kothe's actions won't make much sense until you've played the Agent Act 2. 750 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

iamthehoyden
02.04.2013 , 02:15 PM | #472
Kitar - Welcome to the thread! Also, Aric and Pierce in the same story?? <swoon>

bright - oh lord, this AU Vierce caught between "have I been a complete and utter idiot" or "did I allow a good, innocent woman to die" - this one just has HURT stamped all over it in big red letters. Jorgan still keeping to his loyal, stubborn instincts - you really don't have to make me love him more, I already adore him, really. And Ardun Kothe has a hell of a lot to answer for. Agent spoilers:
Spoiler
The way the trooper and agent stories are mixing here works really well - I'm impressed with the plot dovetails.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
02.04.2013 , 05:15 PM | #473
...I will NOT name this AU "Who framed Elara Dorne?", I will NOT name this AU "Who framed Elara Dorne?"...so Toontown is the Agent plotline, right?...I mean, um. I'm continuing something parallel to Vierce's activities here; he's busy on Quesh and Hoth. Agent Act 2 spoilers galore. Loosely related to Communication Breakdown. 750 words.

Spoiler

Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

iamthehoyden
02.04.2013 , 05:52 PM | #474
*whispers in horrifed awe* It's just really hitting me how much this guy is going to hurt when Vierce gets hold of him. little bitty pieces of screaming mincemeat
---------------

Striges
02.04.2013 , 06:49 PM | #475
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
*whispers in horrifed awe* It's just really hitting me how much this guy is going to hurt when Vierce gets hold of him. little bitty pieces of screaming mincemeat
Probably depends on whether he gets to Kothe before Vierce gets to him. That's heading for a frightening three-way race: who gets to destroy who first. This Nine has to be pretty angry about the whole major plot of act 2, and seems a lot more willing to take it out on anyone at hand so long as it doesn't blow his cover.

Agent spoiler:
Spoiler

bright_ephemera
02.04.2013 , 07:27 PM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Just about the only thing that would lighten his sentence is the fact that Vierce is not a sadistic man. Angry, yes, violent, yes, but not outright sadistic. That should make Cipher Nine's lifetime o' pain, if and when it starts, relatively short.

Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Probably depends on whether he gets to Kothe before Vierce gets to him. That's heading for a frightening three-way race: who gets to destroy who first. This Nine has to be pretty angry about the whole major plot of act 2, and seems a lot more willing to take it out on anyone at hand so long as it doesn't blow his cover.

Agent spoiler:
Spoiler
Agent spoilers:
Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

Striges
02.04.2013 , 08:53 PM | #477
Agent spoilers
Spoiler

Not to put suggestions in your head, but Vierce could always leave Nine alive--and that might be worse than killing him. Like the General at the end of Black Talon, I'm not at all sure that the lightside choice is the most merciful.

iamthehoyden
02.04.2013 , 08:53 PM | #478
Quote: Originally Posted by bright_ephemera View Post
Just about the only thing that would lighten his sentence is the fact that Vierce is not a sadistic man. Angry, yes, violent, yes, but not outright sadistic. That should make Cipher Nine's lifetime o' pain, if and when it starts, relatively short.
No, not sadistic. But the rage is going to be...
And I adore that picture with the quote, love it, love it, love it!
---------------

bright_ephemera
02.06.2013 , 10:55 PM | #479
Cipher Nine framed Dorne, and here is Behind the Scenes, so named because Vierce is still officially progressing his class quest. This jumps back in time to occur right after the Senate hearing and weeks before the Ardun Kothe/Legate scene posted earlier. Spoilers for Trooper Act 2. 1200 words.

Spoiler
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

kabeone
02.07.2013 , 03:12 AM | #480
@bright I am stuck in a mental loop that goes "Poor Vierce, poor Vierce, poor Vierce..." then "dammit Vierce you stupid... poor Elara, poor Elara, poor Elara" then repeat.

This one shot bubbled up because of all the agent talk.
Prompt: What If/Loyalty and Betrayal
Cipher Nine AU: Trump Card
Agent Chapter 2 spoilers 500 wordsish
Spoiler

Spoiler

Note:
Spoiler