Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kabe's Digital Drawings

kabeone
02.04.2013 , 01:02 PM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Kabe, I love this pic. It's what I had in mind when I wrote the fic--Varrel a little indulgent, a little paternal, Vette enjoying his nice side. Thank you so much.
Varrel's moments with Vette, so far, have been very sweet and a little sad. I just love him so much. (And I love Vette, I just wish lekku weren't so darn hard to draw)

Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
So um, are people able to request drawings or do you reserve them for select people?
I've done a swtor chibi request on tumblr a couple times but I've never exactly done open requests. My understanding of requests is that a person describes a character (possibly gives screenshots) then describes what they're doing/wearing etc and then I draw that. I am not good enough to draw that way.

Mostly I just draw whatever I want and hope the owner of the character I stole/abused/drew likes it, which is why it tends to be fanart of fanfic from the Short Fic Thread over in the fanfic sub-forum.

Thanks for asking

Edit to add: Suggestions are always welcome, I love all sources of inspiration as long as it's OK that I don't draw the suggestion if I'm not feeling up to it.

Tatile
02.04.2013 , 01:12 PM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by kabeone View Post
Featuring Vette (customization 1) and Striges's Sith Warrior Varrel Umrahiel.
Inspired by this short fic in particular.

The quote featured in the story and picture is a Darkovan proverb from the Darkover series by Marion Zimmer Bradley.
Kabe, these two just look amazing. There's a sense of simple pleasure between them - pleasure in the act of dancing - that's just so nice and wonderfully subtle. Plus I secretly ship Vette/Varrel XD

Also, Kabe, you can abuse my boys in your piccus all you want. Just so long as you share

iamthehoyden
02.04.2013 , 02:37 PM | #293
Pictures!!!!!

Ok, first, Adris is hot.

Second, Varrel and Vette is just...gah, words are gone. Ok, so every time I read a Varrel story there's this music that pops into my head. It's this slightly dark, slow pizzicato (that's when you pluck the strings instead of using a bow for those of you, like myself, who didn't know it off the top of their head). And yep, I can hear it again when I look at this pic

Third, Lovecraft mixes in a LOT better with SW than I ever would have thought, lol.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

Morgani
02.04.2013 , 07:45 PM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post

Ok, first, Adris is hot.
Adris is gorgeous and the best part is, he's a frickin' twin. I have plans for him to romance Temple when he gets to Hoth, but I kind of want to make an OC for my OC. Like I kind of already did hooking up then breaking up him and Brei'yu. That way I can have smoldery Adris-goodness while still getting Vector vicariously through Brei. Holy damn, I'm sick in the head.

Kabe, you're a certified genius. I looked at information about Azathoth for like an hour trying to come up with star wars-y Lovecraft and came up with zero. Azathoth the Hutt is freaking brilliant. I was so amused.

Vette dancing with Varrel was touching. A great unguarded moment.

And I'm totally with Tatile. Use any of my characters that inspire you, and then share with us! <3 <3 <3
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Striges
02.04.2013 , 07:49 PM | #295
Varrel's moments with Vette, so far, have been very sweet and a little sad. I just love him so much. (And I love Vette, I just wish lekku weren't so darn hard to draw)
And to date, both pics I've asked for involved Twi'leks. I need to fixate on an easier-to-draw species. Although the animators must have some of the same problems--every time one of my Twi'leks rides down in a lift their lekku float around like empty pantyhose on a clothesline.

I love this pic. It's at home in my official character file for Varrel.

Quote: Originally Posted by iamthehoyden View Post
Second, Varrel and Vette is just...gah, words are gone. Ok, so every time I read a Varrel story there's this music that pops into my head. It's this slightly dark, slow pizzicato (that's when you pluck the strings instead of using a bow for those of you, like myself, who didn't know it off the top of their head). And yep, I can hear it again when I look at this pic .
I don't often think of my characters having a soundtrack per se, but your description totally fits.

Suggestion for A Youngling's Guide to the Great Old Ones and Other Denizens of the Outer Planes:

Nenth is for Nyarlathotep, Harbinger of the Emperor. "Where Nyarlathotep went, rest vanished, for the small hours were rent with the screams of nightmares."

Complete paragraph, from "Nyarlathotep" (1920):
Spoiler

Yeah, I'm obsessed; it's the name of my algae-eater (plecostomus) fish.

kabeone
02.05.2013 , 12:01 PM | #296
Quote: Originally Posted by Striges View Post
Yeah, I'm obsessed; it's the name of my algae-eater (plecostomus) fish.
I have a different idea for Nyarlathotep but I couldn't resist.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/90c615781...qsko1_1280.png

(bushy nose plecostomus) seemed fitting.

Morgani
02.05.2013 , 05:08 PM | #297
L (Leth) is for Lucas Lovecraft. In a galaxy far, far away, dread Lucas Lovecraft waits dreaming.

Yeah, I'm just going to go back to bed now. With my complete collection of Lovecraft.
Be to her Virtues
very Kind.
Be to her Faults
a little Blind.

Earthmama
02.05.2013 , 05:14 PM | #298
Quote: Originally Posted by Morgani View Post
Dear Kabe,

I made a Tumblr specifically to follow you. I have not even the slightest clue how to use it or what else I'm supposed to do with it beyond looking at your stuff.

That said, Scourge tango. F'ing sexiest thing I've seen. Holy damn.
Little late here, but I also did this....

Tatile
02.05.2013 , 05:17 PM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by Earthmama View Post
Little late here, but I also did this....
We should just let everyone know what each of our tumblr's are, since so many of us have them

Striges
02.05.2013 , 08:34 PM | #300
I have a different idea for Nyarlathotep but I couldn't resist.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/90c615781...qsko1_1280.png

(bushy nose plecostomus) seemed fitting.
My Chibi Pleco

Actually, he (it?) looks a lot like this pic. Spots and all lol.