Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
why are people freaking out about Ilum in 1.7?

MelodicSixNine's Avatar


MelodicSixNine
02.03.2013 , 10:26 AM | #241
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
Maybe you dont listen enough.. all we said is that on PvE server we want not be autoflagged =)
if YOU like PvP there is a PvP server.. why you want to hard that we PvEers MUST get this on our servers?

whos the pathetic now?
PvE doesn't mean that it doesn't welcome PvP. Just like PvP doesn't mean you can't PvE and can't expect to do OPS. It's like complaining about being killed in warzone. If the zone flags you for pvp don't go there just like you don't visit WZ.
From what I understand PvP will be part of main challenge of this event. If you remove PvP you remove main challenge and possibly breaking your immersion as imperial/republic players will wave at you and smile while you do your things. Why do you feel you are forced to do this event if it's clearly a PvP event and challenge is in PvP?

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
02.03.2013 , 10:33 AM | #242
Simple as it is:

There should be no autoflag on PvE servers.. nuf said
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

LanceCorporalDan's Avatar


LanceCorporalDan
02.03.2013 , 10:33 AM | #243
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlbo_Nabbins View Post
I play on a PvE server, so what I chose to do is to not do PvP.



Why? I don't enjoy PvP at all in games like SWTOR, why should I be forced to do it? I chose a server that was PvE because it meant PvP was an optional side that I could ignore completely (except that will no longer be the case).


You can still ignore it.
Lieutenant Neves
1st Assault Platoon Commander
ALPHA COMPANY
203rd Republic Expeditionary Legion

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
02.03.2013 , 10:38 AM | #244
Quote: Originally Posted by LanceCorporalDan View Post
You can still ignore it.
Basicly you say:

Right you joined a PvE server .. now Bioware continues bringing in AUTOFLAG on PvE server .. there is new content but if u dont want to PvP you have to ignore the new PvE gear (( gear without expertise )).


Wow what is is? this is just stupid... either the Illum 1.7 event items should have expertise OR we dont want to get autoflagged... IF the gear has expertise.. i would not complain. because if you want PvP gear then u have to pvp right...
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

aeterno's Avatar


aeterno
02.03.2013 , 10:38 AM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
Simple as it is:

There should be no autoflag on PvE servers.. nuf said
As a player on a PvE server, I disagree.

Open world pvp designated zones help bring the game world alive.

MelodicSixNine's Avatar


MelodicSixNine
02.03.2013 , 10:42 AM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
Simple as it is:

There should be no autoflag on PvE servers.. nuf said
So let me get this straight: it's a PVP event in which main challenge will be PVP in a PVP zone and you want to shaft PvPers on your server, because you don't want to ignore a PVP focused event and basically want free stuff without challenge? Ha.

Good thing I'm on PvP server and don't have to worry about PvErs who go into places they shouldn't be and get their hands burnt. I feel sorry for PvPers on those servers tho, but I guess that's what you get if you don't like World PvP and roll on PvE server.

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
02.03.2013 , 10:43 AM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
As a player on a PvE server, I disagree.

Open world pvp designated zones help bring the game world alive.
Youre on wrong server then?
I dont get why people join PvE servers and then want to turn them into PvP server.. ***?
Next thing i will hear is " Hey pls remove peacezones from RP server so i can grief everyone there " or what?


Also, who tells me you're no lying and secretly you're on PvP server?
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

Prysha's Avatar


Prysha
02.03.2013 , 10:48 AM | #248
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodicSixNine View Post
So let me get this straight: it's a PVP event in which main challenge will be PVP in a PVP zone and you want to shaft PvPers on your server, because you don't want to ignore a PVP focused event and basically want free stuff without challenge? Ha.

Good thing I'm on PvP server and don't have to worry about PvErs who go into places they shouldn't be and get their hands burnt. I feel sorry for PvPers on those servers tho, but I guess that's what you get if you don't like World PvP and roll on PvE server.
Now listen up. i never claimed to be someone who seeks challenge, i play STAR WARS because i like the story , i want to play many alternative characters and i want to chat with my friends while we do OPS and stuff.

IF i want challenge i can unequip my gear and join warzones...lol
BUT no, i dont want challenge ... im a Star Wars fan.. not a PvP fan.. easy that is...

And its a shame that people who strictly/or partially want to avoid open PvP ( getting ganked by Overgeared ) HAVE TO be autoflagged only in order to get items that are NOT PvP themed.


But what i see here si that many people cant wait to test their gear on lowgeared player when they try the new event to get the PvE items...

imagine this:

Me and some friends who have only recruit gear go to this event.... to get the PvE items... then there comes a GUILD where everyone has Elite Warhero stuff..or whateveris higher .. then they molest us... and we cant complete event...


On what server we can go then to avoid this?
That wil be the point ( especially for new players ) where they quit and play something else.
Not talking about me but ive seen it before.

Why dont you try our shoes?
Make a new account, wear only recruit gear and join lvl 50 Warzones... most fo teh matches u get ganked by elite players...

now imagine this on the event.... -.-
Overgeared player wil become gods... nice.. why dont they get GM status then.. and kill everyone with /kill -.-

Oh and im not crying.. what i do is predicting...
Character Equipment Profiles: Your voice is needed, click here to support the idea!
SWTOR - Armors with pictures!

MelodicSixNine's Avatar


MelodicSixNine
02.03.2013 , 10:57 AM | #249
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
Now listen up. i never claimed to be someone who seeks challenge, i play STAR WARS because i like the story , i want to play many alternative characters and i want to chat with my friends while we do OPS and stuff.

IF i want challenge i can unequip my gear and join warzones...lol
BUT no, i dont want challenge ... im a Star Wars fan.. not a PvP fan.. easy that is...

And its a shame that people who strictly/or partially want to avoid open PvP ( getting ganked by Overgeared ) HAVE TO be autoflagged only in order to get items that are NOT PvP themed.
Events usually mean that there's some challenge involved(be it hard PvE boss or other players) and if you complete that challenge you get awarded with event items. If you don't complete this challenge or like you said you aren't a person who seeks challenges you don't do it and you are you are not rewarded for the event. Why can't you ignore the event if you don't seek challenge and don't like to pvp, which this event will bring?

Define PvP themed items. Expertise? That's a bad indication. Some items such as pet, mount, 10-49 armors don't have expertise, but you are required to do pvp to get them. Here I will give you definition of PvP item: pvp themed item is an item which requires you to defeat other players in pvp. Illum 1.7 is a pvp event thus items you get in this event will be pvp themed items. Why you can't ignore the autoflag zone(SWTOR has already auto flag zone btw. It's not new thing.) in pvp event just like you ignore warzones and part of current Illum?

Aries_cz's Avatar


Aries_cz
02.03.2013 , 11:01 AM | #250
Quote: Originally Posted by irishfino View Post
It may be on the Western Shelf, but that doesn't mean it's a PvP event. It's also coming in with the reputation system, which is generally geared toward PvE'rs. The reputation system pictures I have seen includes the Gree and Voss.

With the HK event, I waited weeks until the rush was over to go to the Outlaw's Den to get what I needed. HK is an on-going quest with no end time. This Gree event will have a hard end-time meaning, if there is PvE content in the PvP area, I'll have to skip this event. This bothers me, because I enjoy PvE content and have long since stopped going into warzones. I've had players try to initiate open world fighting by jumping into my mobs and hoping I click on their companion or my companion attacks. It is really, really annoying when I'm trying to complete my PvE quests. If I wanted to PvP, I would flag myself.

In short, with the information at hand, it's hard to know with one-hundred percent certainty that is PvE content in a PvP area or a purely PvP event. If this is purely a PvP event, then I can skip it quite happily. If it's PvE content in an auto-flagging PvP area, I will skip the event, but I will not be happy about it.
Reputation: You will have 4 factions at start, only ONE (Gree) of them is known to be affected by the Western Ice shelf (PvP area) missions. Others are very likely going to be focused on Section X and Belsavis, Voss, and Space
Time limit: This event will go on for a whole year and will be added to progressively. If you attempt to tell me you will not be able to put together a group of players to help you (even PvE players, ganker will already probably lose vs 2 Campaign+ geared people), then you are really anti-social person
HK Part can be easily circumvented by paying for a Legacy Outlaw Den shuttle perk, which drops you right next to the Jawa you need to see.
However, I see you had some crappy experience with PvP jerks (jumping into your mobs, etc). Believe me, not all PvP people are the same, what you see is very small minority which gets some weird pleasure from killing undergeared players (it does not reward anything, so I really do not see the point)

Quote: Originally Posted by warriorcat View Post
you dont have to fight back ... get a guild group and just stick together 1 Ganker will not attack 4 campaign geared players he will lose (he will lose vs 2 most of the time )
Thank you, a voice of reason. Gankers do not attack groups, as it is pretty hard to recognize PvP/PvE people by gear nowadays. Getting a guild to aid in this area will reduce any ganking to minimum
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos