Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Dark Council Strength Order


BrianDavion's Avatar


BrianDavion
02.01.2013 , 04:25 PM | #11
Darth Nox is proably at the bottem of the totem pole right now. he basicly had to "cheat" to defeat his rival after all. and IIRC that cheat has since left him.
His power base is also, directly speaking, a bit behind the others. reading between the lines Nox's power base is basicly just the Imperial Reclaimation corps.

cisme's Avatar


cisme
02.01.2013 , 05:32 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
Darth Nox is proably at the bottem of the totem pole right now. he basicly had to "cheat" to defeat his rival after all. and IIRC that cheat has since left him.
His power base is also, directly speaking, a bit behind the others. reading between the lines Nox's power base is basicly just the Imperial Reclaimation corps.
The issue is the game does a complete crap job at explaining how powerful members of the dark council are. For instance, Thanaton is considered very weak as it takes 2 chapters to get the power to kill him yet a FREAKING SMUGGLER can solo beat several of these guys. While it may seem like that simply suggests that my sorcerer is weak Thanaton was shown to be able to essentially insta-kill me (a force user) whereas more powerful dark council members could barely touch my scoundrel (who cannot use the force assuming legacy is non-canon)

Maaruin's Avatar


Maaruin
02.01.2013 , 06:10 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by cisme View Post
The issue is the game does a complete crap job at explaining how powerful members of the dark council are. For instance, Thanaton is considered very weak as it takes 2 chapters to get the power to kill him yet a FREAKING SMUGGLER can solo beat several of these guys. While it may seem like that simply suggests that my sorcerer is weak Thanaton was shown to be able to essentially insta-kill me (a force user) whereas more powerful dark council members could barely touch my scoundrel (who cannot use the force assuming legacy is non-canon)
Well, if I remember correctly, the Smuggler can only fight them in a world quest. If the world quests are ever get a canon character who completed them, I doubt the smuggler will get Corellia. (It is also possible that the world arcs are completed by groups in canon. A Smuggler killing Darth Decimus together with a Jedi Master, one of the greatest Jedi fighters, and an elite soldier isn't that unrealistic.)

Still, I think one could say that probably most Dark Councilors are not used to the smugglers fighting style. A Sith leader normally only has to fight other Sith. They may also have some experience with regular soldiers. But the smuggler doesn't even fight like a common criminal, he has his own tricks and tools. So if he has to fight a Sith Lord, it largly depends on luck. This time, the Smuggler was lucky.
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Darkondo's Avatar


Darkondo
02.02.2013 , 01:26 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
Well, if I remember correctly, the Smuggler can only fight them in a world quest. If the world quests are ever get a canon character who completed them, I doubt the smuggler will get Corellia. (It is also possible that the world arcs are completed by groups in canon. A Smuggler killing Darth Decimus together with a Jedi Master, one of the greatest Jedi fighters, and an elite soldier isn't that unrealistic.)

Still, I think one could say that probably most Dark Councilors are not used to the smugglers fighting style. A Sith leader normally only has to fight other Sith. They may also have some experience with regular soldiers. But the smuggler doesn't even fight like a common criminal, he has his own tricks and tools. So if he has to fight a Sith Lord, it largly depends on luck. This time, the Smuggler was lucky.
Well the agent did beat Jadus or Zhorrid so anything can happen.

Maaruin's Avatar


Maaruin
02.02.2013 , 07:56 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
Well the agent did beat Jadus or Zhorrid so anything can happen.
IIRC the agent distracted Jadus long enough for

Spoiler


he didn't beat him, storywise. (I don't know about Zhorrid.)
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

Darkondo's Avatar


Darkondo
02.02.2013 , 10:12 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Maaruin View Post
IIRC the agent distracted Jadus long enough for

Spoiler


he didn't beat him, storywise. (I don't know about Zhorrid.)
I said beat as in capture, i didnt say kill. And if you join Jadus
Spoiler

Harlequintwo's Avatar


Harlequintwo
02.02.2013 , 11:33 AM | #17
Yeah, Zhorrid is definitely at the very bottom of the ladder. Jadus on the other hand, is on the top. Funny how that works out.

Maaruin's Avatar


Maaruin
02.02.2013 , 12:58 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkondo View Post
I said beat as in capture, i didnt say kill. And if you join Jadus
Spoiler
Yeah,
Spoiler


So basically, he didn't fight fair. But he's an agent, that's what they do in general
"I was one of many. We were servants of the dark side… Sith Lords, we called ourselves. So proud. In the end we were not so proud. We hid… hid from those we had betrayed. We fell… and I knew it would be so."
-Ajunta Pall

disgruntledsith's Avatar


disgruntledsith
02.04.2013 , 09:34 AM | #19
Personally, I think we're underestimating one of Nox's most powerful resources.

Spoiler


While it's clear that Darth Nox has a long way to go before he's ready to personally take on the Dark Council, with some clever scheming and some very, very heavy firepower, I could see him coming out on top. After all, strength does not necessarily equal victory.
Today you will learn who truly holds the power in this Empire. Not Darth Malgus, not the Dark Council, but me.