Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why is Naming Policy not being enforced?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why is Naming Policy not being enforced?

ObiJuanShenobi
02.01.2013 , 05:02 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Klarick View Post
After FTP this has become a serious issue. Yes I know I can use the ignore function. However, that is NOT the point! Why have a STATED naming policy, yet not enforce it?

Bioware just needs to drop the policy and let us all know that naming your toon after a sexual act, or a racist slur, or curse words is OK. I have reported individuals mutliple times, as has my wife, over months now, yet nothing happens.

Basically, if you have a policy ENFORCE it!
Wow, no freakin joke dude.

There is a level 50 guy running around on Prophecy of the Five named "Cummblast In'yaeye".

Like...really? Im sure this dude has been reported a million times...how could he not be? Yet he is a fully geared level 50. Meaning he has had the name for a WHILE.
The Lightstrider Legacy

Darth Crucious I Darth Imperius I Master Darkstrider I Master Liam Lightstrider I Captain Evie Lightstrider I Agent Morran Lightstrider I Major Tanken I Nikro, Hired Gun

theborch
02.01.2013 , 05:04 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by ObiJuanShenobi View Post
Wow, no freakin joke dude.

There is a level 50 guy running around on Prophecy of the Five named "Cummblast In'yaeye".

Like...really? Im sure this dude has been reported a million times...how could he not be? Yet he is a fully geared level 50. Meaning he has had the name for a WHILE.
Or he had a different name got reported and changed it to that one.
The Bastion - The BaconStrips Legacy
DukeOfCypress LVL 52 Rage Jugg * WhiskeyLube LVL 50 Seer Sage * PantsHammer LVL 50 Sawbones Scoundrel

Khelthar
02.01.2013 , 05:04 PM | #93
I was not happy to find out that McLovin was not allowed

ChrisRedmond
02.01.2013 , 05:06 PM | #94
Having read most but not all of the thread, I can see it upsets you, and you've done all you can by reporting it. If BW chooses to do nothing about it, maybe BW thinks it's just you, being over sensitive.

Only sayin'.
If you can't fix it, forget it.

psandak
02.01.2013 , 05:07 PM | #95
I can tell you that the naming policy is enforced. the imperial guild I am in, had a modified bad word in it and we recently had to rename the guild because of that bad word. So if you report it it will be dealt with. maybe not IMMEDIATELY, but it will be dealt with.

Somanliuus
02.01.2013 , 05:16 PM | #96
I play on Jung Ma, RP server, and I see this all the time. Names like "Allmightygod", "Bigpussy", "Slaveraper" seem to populate the FTP crowd. I've reported names many times but no actin was taken against them.

Sir-steve
02.01.2013 , 05:37 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
Is it rejecting the "sir" or the "-" in the name.

I had to give up on my name in SWG because the word "han" was buried in the middle of it: Rhankyn.
Because of the Sir. Sir-Steve is not allowable, but Evets-Ris is. Makes me sad because I couldnt carry over my old namesakes 'properly' from SWG. Sith-Stevy also doesn't pass the filters.

Monkeyshi
02.01.2013 , 05:56 PM | #98
I can't find the post asking me which RP server, I play on Ebon Hawk, I think it's called. I didn't look at name, just type of server it was supposed to be.

ivanhedgehog
02.01.2013 , 06:07 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Alandross View Post
Based on the entire design of this game and the fact that it's an MMO*RP*G tells you that role playing is in fact an aspect of the entire game, obviously to different degrees on different servers that are designed to coordinate players of certain preferences... but PVP Is not in the genre MMORPG, while RP is no matter what server you play on.
they made a distinction between the types. so your definition doesnt mean anything. so go immerse your self on a rp server and the pvpers can do their thing on their servers.

ivanhedgehog
02.01.2013 , 06:17 PM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
No. I assume offensive and flat out vulgar names are unacceptable because they are. Think of it this way...if your name is something that would get you kicked out of any restaurant that doesn't have a dollar menu, it's wrong.

I'm not a commissar at all, nor have I been elected or appointed anything...and unlike you, I've never even reported anyone. I simply believe that a naming policy is a must for any MMO, for numerous reasons, and I would love to see Bioware get a little more serious about theirs.
The bioware GM that looked at your ticket obviously felt otherwise.