Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Crashing and BSOD while playing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
SWTOR Crashing and BSOD while playing
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Aasera
01.11.2013 , 01:23 PM | #1
My SWTOR game keeps crashing for the most part with out a error sometimes with. I also tend to BSOD some times while playing.
here is my reliability history for SWTOR

Source
Star Wars: The Old Republic

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎1/‎11/‎2013 1:16 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\RetailClient\swtor.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: swtor.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 50e638f0
Fault Module Name: swtor.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 50e638f0
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0006b84e
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 3354323702

Cerimon
01.11.2013 , 01:52 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi Aasera,

There will be something amiss with your machine itself rather than the game causing a problem. The game on its own will not cause bluescreens to occur. I advise the following as initial troubleshooting steps:
  • Please run the System File Checker from Microsoft as this can find problems with your system files and repair them: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
  • Run Chkdsk to check your hard drive for errors:

To run chkdsk via the Windows Command Prompt:
    • Open the Windows Start Menu
    • Type 'cmd' in the 'Search programs and files' field, hold Ctrl+Shift and press enter
    • Type 'chkdsk <drive >:' where the drive is the letter of the drive you are installing to, e.g. 'chkdsk c:', and press enter If errors are detected you can repair using the '/r' option, e.g. 'chkdsk c: /r'
    To run chkdsk via the Windows GUI (Windows 7):
    • Select 'Computer' from the Windows Start Menu
    • Right-click on the drive you are installing to and select 'Properties'
    • Select the 'Tools' tab
    • Under 'Error Checking' select 'Check now...' If errors are detected, you will be prompted with an option to repair
  • Use Memtest86+ to check your RAM for correct functioning. Let it scan a minimum of six times.
  • Also ensure you have installed all available important Window Updates and the ones for .Net Framework and C++ Redistributables.

Do let us know how you get on.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Aasera
01.12.2013 , 01:46 PM | #3
Ran SFC had some corrupt files getting them fixed up ran chkdsk no problems found ram seems to be running correctly so guess we'll see how it goes for the next couple days hopefully it functions properly thanks for the help.

RevansSoul
02.01.2013 , 12:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cerimon View Post
Hi Aasera,

There will be something amiss with your machine itself rather than the game causing a problem. The game on its own will not cause bluescreens to occur. I advise the following as initial troubleshooting steps:
  • Please run the System File Checker from Microsoft as this can find problems with your system files and repair them: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
  • Run Chkdsk to check your hard drive for errors:

To run chkdsk via the Windows Command Prompt:
    • Open the Windows Start Menu
    • Type 'cmd' in the 'Search programs and files' field, hold Ctrl+Shift and press enter
    • Type 'chkdsk <drive >:' where the drive is the letter of the drive you are installing to, e.g. 'chkdsk c:', and press enter If errors are detected you can repair using the '/r' option, e.g. 'chkdsk c: /r'
    To run chkdsk via the Windows GUI (Windows 7):
    • Select 'Computer' from the Windows Start Menu
    • Right-click on the drive you are installing to and select 'Properties'
    • Select the 'Tools' tab
    • Under 'Error Checking' select 'Check now...' If errors are detected, you will be prompted with an option to repair
  • Use Memtest86+ to check your RAM for correct functioning. Let it scan a minimum of six times.
  • Also ensure you have installed all available important Window Updates and the ones for .Net Framework and C++ Redistributables.

Do let us know how you get on.
My computer was built last year, specifically for gaming, and it runs everything else flawlessly, except swtor. Now ever since patch 1.6 (around that time), there are times when I relog, the game just shuts down without an error report. When I exit space combat, game shuts down without a warning. I'm not the only one who has posted here that swtor is the only program they have trouble with, and yet our computers are all at fault? Sorry but that's not logical.

Edit: i never got bluescreens though. Just shutting down for no apparent reason.

Cerimon
02.01.2013 , 04:38 PM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi RevansSoul,

Could you please post your most recent reliability report. To do so:
  1. Open your Start menu and type "view reliability history" into the search box.
  2. Select the most recent swtor.exe failure, denoted by the red circle with the white X in it.
  3. Double-click the related Critical Event under Source.
  4. Please post the full information of the reliability history within spoiler tags

This will help us diagnose your issue.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

jessedresen
02.02.2013 , 02:30 PM | #6
Ive been having the same issues, first it started with the game freezing and going to a black screen. Now it goes to the BSOD. I followed all the stuff above and updated my graphic card and DX. Heres the info for the black screen, I dont have any info for the BSOD.

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\launcher.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: launcher.exe
Application Version: 3.2.3.4
Application Timestamp: 4fbfcff2
Hang Signature: 978c
Hang Type: 513
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Additional Hang Signature 1: 978cdd08547ca62689105b95a7d64350
Additional Hang Signature 2: d239
Additional Hang Signature 3: d239b80f57ba94918535622a2fe5b178
Additional Hang Signature 4: 978c
Additional Hang Signature 5: 978cdd08547ca62689105b95a7d64350
Additional Hang Signature 6: d239
Additional Hang Signature 7: d239b80f57ba94918535622a2fe5b178

Bucket ID: 3105527115

This all started about a week ago and the last 4-5 days with BSOD

OwenBrooks
02.02.2013 , 06:53 PM | #7
This is a crash in the launcher not the game itself, try running fixlauncher.exe found in the game folder, otherwise just download the setup and run over the top www.swtor.com/download

It is possible another program already running is conflicting with the launcher as well.

daDren
05.08.2014 , 07:35 AM | #8
Ive been getting BSOD as well.

took computer in for diagnostic, it passed all tests but suggested I buy a higher power source. Did so. They were impressed with the results in benchmarking. Still get BSOD with SWTOR though. longest ive gone is 20 min.

below is reliability report

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000031
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88002F65180
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Bucket ID: X64_CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT_4_PROC
Server information: c6cfa14b-5f50-4607-99fd-ad1c9428107e

I can post dump file on skydrive if anyone from service replies to this.

ran chkdsk and memtest. sfc/scannow showed no integrity violations ie. nothing wrong. Also ran repair function from the launcher, also ran incompatibility check with exe file, and have tried compatibility with XP SP2 and Vista SP2. The service people i hired reseated the RAM as well. They say there is nothing more they can do other than replace the motherboard and hope it helps. Rather not do this.

OwenBrooks
05.09.2014 , 12:04 AM | #9
I guess you know BCCode 101 is a CPU fault , but not necessarily a faulty CPU , overclocking can cause this for example

Are you certain this isn't a overheat issue , 10 - 20 minutes is the ballpark timing

Run on a clean boot - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

See if any more info is available with -

Download BlueScreenView -
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html.
Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply with spoiler tags.

Example of what you should see is in the spoiler
Spoiler

daDren
05.09.2014 , 12:48 PM | #10
Hi, thanks for responding. Sometimes it only takes a minute to freeze so it cant be overheating. Computer not set to overclocking. I tried running SWTOR from a clean boot and it froze but there was no blue screen. Had to hold power button 10 seconds to turn it off.

Here is the BlueScreenView for three minidumps.

Spoiler