Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Semi-crashing problem

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RememberStars
12.27.2012 , 06:34 PM | #11
I'm sorry to report that it still hasn't worked.

RememberStars
02.01.2013 , 01:03 PM | #12
I want to mention that the problem still hasn't been fixed. While others have seemingly had a similar problem, mine's seems to be a tad different. I do get the loading screen of death after choosing my character, but if I alt+tab out of it, then go back to the game, the loading will continue as normal. However, again I would like to reiterate that if I try to fast jump somewhere, or if I die and return to the nearest medicenter, I will be stuck on the screen with Shateel, Malgus, the one showing the different universal characters. I can hear my characters move, if I press the movement buttons, I can hear the menu appear, but the screen does not change whatsoever. I am adding another response here to see if this is a common problem, or if this is something uncommon to me. I don't plan on giving up on the game, nor will I end my subscription. However, I do wonder how common this problem is.

Cerimon
02.01.2013 , 04:35 PM | #13 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi RememberStars,

Please ensure you have all important Windows Updates installed, SP1 specifically. Also:
Please post again if the issue remains unresolved.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

RememberStars
02.02.2013 , 12:59 PM | #14
While the gameplay is now much more smooth, the same problem still remains. When I try to revive myself at a medicenter, I cannot get the actually game to reload.

Here is my latest DxDiag report, if it helps

Spoiler

RememberStars
02.02.2013 , 04:30 PM | #15
Just bumping this up so that it doesn't get lost in the flurry of everything else.

RememberStars
02.03.2013 , 06:57 PM | #16
Actually the problem is now limited to my major character.

Spirie
02.03.2013 , 07:29 PM | #17
Just wondering, have you tried just renaming/deleting the loading screen picture. From the sounds of it it is the one located in the "\\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars - The Old Republic\swtor\retailclient\LoadingScreens" folder. I got annoyed by it because behind it the game was loaded but that picture took a few extra seconds to go away.

I just renamed it to something else so now it never shows up, but when a new patch comes out it will re-download or if you run the repair tool. I just delete the newly downloaded one every time now.

Cerimon
02.04.2013 , 08:22 AM | #18 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
RememberStars,

Please confirm you have run the Repair utility repeatedly until no files are indicated as being repaired.

Please run the game in fullscreen windowed mode.

There are also slightly newer video drivers available, we recommend you use those.

As always, post again if the issue persists.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

RememberStars
02.06.2013 , 03:36 PM | #19
The problem is fixed.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with my issue.