Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bioware Devs: Guild Functions need improvement

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bioware Devs: Guild Functions need improvement

GoldenHornet
02.01.2013 , 10:20 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
I would take this a step further.

Cross faction FP's and Operations. Most of the FP's and all the Operations are a common threat. One of the first SWTOR novels based on this game called, "Fatal Alliance" told the story of both factions working together.

I believe Hoth has a quest line where the Republic and Empire unite for a common threat.

This would also create incentive for players to roll more characters,explore, and play the opposite factions. This would increase longevity of the game.

This concept would most likely be an MMO first. Something the other guys don't have yet.
City of Heroes (RIP) had all of this. Cross-faction private chat channels, global friends lists/chat (friend the player, not the character), instances and raids where both factions met to work in the same team. In fact, from the Going Rogue expansion onwards my Hero could run a quest line to become a Vigilante, then a Villain. Villains could do the same, turning Rogue and then Hero.

This game is sorely lacking in community features in comparison. Our guild is small but has both Imperial and Republic chapters. Being able to communicate with guildies no matter which side they are currently playing is something I sorely miss from CoH.

OrionSol
02.01.2013 , 04:31 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenHornet View Post
City of Heroes (RIP) had all of this. Cross-faction private chat channels, global friends lists/chat (friend the player, not the character), instances and raids where both factions met to work in the same team. In fact, from the Going Rogue expansion onwards my Hero could run a quest line to become a Vigilante, then a Villain. Villains could do the same, turning Rogue and then Hero.

This game is sorely lacking in community features in comparison. Our guild is small but has both Imperial and Republic chapters. Being able to communicate with guildies no matter which side they are currently playing is something I sorely miss from CoH.
SWG had in game voice, that when you even just joined a group, if would make a voice chat channel
Or-ion Sol
Founder of THE JEDl ORDER (Guild Website)
"As I was, I am, I will..."

OrionSol
02.08.2013 , 08:26 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyOldMystic View Post
The guild mail system needs to be very much installed, it is a complete headache organizing guild events, without having a guild wide mail. Now swg was several years old, and they had it, for a newer game like swtor this should be a cake walk request to get done. As far as the fears, that I have read on these forums, about mail spamming. I already get mail spammed by people trying to sell me in game credits for RL money. For your information I put said people on my ignore list and report them. So its not like this would cause any new problems.
Yes, this is the biggest barrier to guild wide communication, hardly anyone ever reads the MOTD
Or-ion Sol

Jamus_Divinus
02.08.2013 , 08:51 AM | #34
Great ideas. With luck they'll be considered (again).

Off topic: /Wookieehugs to the ex Bria players in this thread.
Star Wars Galaxies - Bria Server - April 2005- December 2011
200,000,000+ Mounts:192/206 Pets:170/178
Achievement points:26700 Ships mastered: 21/24

Quraswren
02.08.2013 , 09:08 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Prysha View Post
i agree, Guild system needs improovements.
Agreed.

Not sure that I agree with all the OP's guild ideas but more guild improvements needs to happen.

Alavastre
02.08.2013 , 09:35 AM | #36
They've known about our wishes, and they've talked about them as well. Seems they are on the back burner for now. Maybe some of them will be put in place for Makeb? You can only hope.

I would add guild progression in there as well. And an interface to organize and keep your guild connected via a website that is linked to the in game guild. For instance, you would log into the website, send an mass email and everyone in your guild. Adjust roles, make alliances ect. I'm really surprised how localized MMO's still are, and how they haven't tried to give more access to people all the time, especially when they are not at their home computer.

Oh yeah, and a guild calendar.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Darth_Victus
02.08.2013 , 11:23 AM | #37
I agree and would like to add another thing that needs to be implemented.

A guild log.

As a former guild leader and current officer, I like to keep tabs on you comes and goes in my guilds. It is really frustrating to log on one day, see your guild member count down a number or two and unless you have an extremely small guild you dont know who left.

Joonbeams
02.08.2013 , 11:37 AM | #38
As someone (a dedicated crafter on Jung Ma) who is not in a guild yet, I would very much like to see some "guild info" area where I could read up on various guilds, members, goals, etc. I always reject guild spammers because I'd like to know what I'm joining before I get into one. Having not been in a guild, I'm amazed that many of the things in the OP aren't in the game. I hope they get in, because they sound like great ideas.

OrionSol
02.08.2013 , 11:46 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Jamus_Divinus View Post
Great ideas. With luck they'll be considered (again).

Off topic: /Wookieehugs to the ex Bria players in this thread.
Booyah! Or-ion Sol from Bria Jamus :-D
Or-ion Sol

AshlaBoga
02.08.2013 , 11:49 AM | #40
Really I want is a bigger guild membership cap. Everyone in my guild has at least 2 50s (well almost everyone). We keep having to kick people who haven't logged in 45 days because otherwise we're too close to cap.

They need to double the cap imo.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption