Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Customer Service In Game Ticket

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Customer Service In Game Ticket
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Omnipotentem
02.01.2013 , 03:43 PM | #1
Dear Bioware Customer Service Forum,

How long does it take to get a response on an in-game ticket ? I filed a ticket this past Tuesday and have yet to hear back from the in-game customer service. My ticket number is 7980749. In hopes to get a response, I updated my ticket this afternoon.

I hope that this kind of wait is not normal. I have returned to the game after much coercing by my friends. I came and fully subscribed and spend a good deal of money on the cartel market. (Friends started over a new server and therefore, I did as well. Utilized the market to make it both less painful and not so ugly). This lack of response shakes my faith a bit in the company.

Respectfully,
Omnipotentem
Hoc Est Enim Corpus Meum. Hic Est Enim Calix Sanguis Mei. Novi Et Aeterni Testamenti: Mysterium Fidei. Qui Pro Vobi Et Pro Multis Effundetur in Remissionem Peccatorum.

Omnipotentem
02.07.2013 , 07:38 AM | #2
I normally do not bump my own threads with a reply. However, I must in this case. it has been over a week since I submitted an in-game ticket. I have had zero e-mails, zero in-game contact, zero forum response to my previous post by a customer service rep. I tried calling the company. Apparently, there is no phone support for in-game tickets because every time I choose that option in the phone tree I get disconnected.

As a company, you are behaving in a way that is commercially unreasonable. You expect us to pay our bills on time, in fact all our transactions to your pecuniary benefit are instant. The reciprocation of services and support are worse than a mailing. In fact, in my case I have yet to receive any kind of contact and my ticket was filed over a week ago. Certainly, the balancing of equities is absent. Regardless of EULAs and other contractual arrangements, there is duty of the contracting parties to act in a manner that is commercially reasonable. This basic rule of contracts is in place in every state and is part of the federal common law. It is echoed in such legislation adopted via the uniform commercial code and other bodies of law governing contracts for goods and services.

On a common sense level, do you want to keep paying customers that both subscribe and buy your virtual products? If you alienate your customers that do financially support your venture, then you have crippled the longevity of a project that undoubtedly took years to develop. This makes no business sense.

In closing, I want some kind of response to my in game ticket. Your treatment of this paying subscriber and cartel coin purchaser is abysmal thus far.
Hoc Est Enim Corpus Meum. Hic Est Enim Calix Sanguis Mei. Novi Et Aeterni Testamenti: Mysterium Fidei. Qui Pro Vobi Et Pro Multis Effundetur in Remissionem Peccatorum.

Beesodd
02.07.2013 , 07:43 AM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello Omnipotentem,

Looking into this, you should have received a response on this about 6 hours ago. Can you check again in-game to see if it has arrived.

Also, I can post up the response you should have gotten, if you like.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Omnipotentem
02.07.2013 , 08:04 AM | #4
I logged into the game. And yes, I got a response to the ticket in the wee hours of the morning. Thank you for alerting me to this fact.

Beesodd
02.07.2013 , 08:57 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the update, there is a bug that can occur which will blank out a response, but that didn't appear to apply in this case.

Thanks again, and sorry for the wait.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Jevarell
02.07.2013 , 02:35 PM | #6
I too have been waiting for a week for my ticket to even get acknowledged, let alone dealt with. Even an automated response telling me that the ticket has been received and is being looked at would be a relief but instead it seems I may as well have fired my ticket into a black hole. I find the lack of communication quite disappointing. (Ticket: 7999467)