Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Was dual spec never added?

Wallner
02.01.2013 , 09:23 AM | #71
I would also really like if they added Dual Spec.

Call me lazy, but i'd love it. Sure it shouldn't be the numero uno on the priority list, but the sooner the better!
Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU)
Jorus (Guardian) -Zakarus (Sorcerer) -Kavin (Mercenary)

SecretScientist
02.01.2013 , 10:16 AM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by renoxodus View Post
It was never added and I don't recall them ever saying it would be.

Links please.
Here are some direct links from www.swtor.com. Bioware has expressed interest in adding this feature for nearly a year. My guess is that it's not in due to prioritization. I am putting this information here for everyone's reference.

Aurozia: Will there be a dual specialization system in the future? Will there be a possibility of changing advance classes as well?

Daniel Erickson: We have no plans for switching advanced classes - which we see as fundamentally different class designs- but dual spec is in the works and coming soon.

Reference:
Community Q&A: Feb 10th 2012
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kiper: My question is are you still considering some sort of dual talent option, and if so is there an ETA?

Austin: This is definitely a feature we hope to provide in the future, but we don't have any details to share at this time (including an ETA).

Reference:
Community Q&A: Jun 29th 2012
http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-june-29th-2012#e

SnoggyMack
02.01.2013 , 10:21 AM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Graydon View Post
Hang in there OP
The OP didn't hang in there. They left. And then came back to check and see if this was added. They're not hanging in there at all.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

uziforyou
02.01.2013 , 11:31 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by jgelling View Post
You seriously think that's the same as dual spec? Oh well, it's not surprising this wasn't done really.
He didn't say it was the same. He just said it wasn't needed because of what WAS implemented.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

LordRyll
02.01.2013 , 11:57 AM | #75
Next time you are waiting in queue for a healer or tank, remember this thread...

55 - Sith Sorcerer / 55 - Imperial Agent Operative
Imperial Guard - Shadowlands - Empire
"The Terentateks are predators, and the Jedi are its prey."

DirgeZombie
02.01.2013 , 01:29 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by LordRyll View Post
Next time you are waiting in queue for a healer or tank, remember this thread...
If that healer and/or tank is to lazy to use the tools provided I'm glad I didn't get them in my group.

Tomb-Stone
02.01.2013 , 01:47 PM | #77
I really like the game, but I have always thought that a true dual spec would be great for this game. When I read this thread, perhaps it's my own perception... but I don't really view this as a QQ thread. I think it's a legitimate question the OP is asking.
Tomb-Stone
Common Sense Is Like Deodorant. The People Who Need It The Most Never Use It...

SnoggyMack
02.01.2013 , 02:09 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomb-Stone View Post
When I read this thread, perhaps it's my own perception... but I don't really view this as a QQ thread. I think it's a legitimate question the OP is asking.
Not really a legitimate question if you note the OP's continued behavior and posts in the thread. The question was answered in the first reply. So if that's all the OP wanted to do in the thread, they'd have not returned and continued to poke and prod people in the thread.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"