Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

Kaedusz
01.07.2013 , 02:52 AM | #71
I personally can't take seriously my characters unless they are pureblood sith or human on both factions.So all my chars are either one of these races.Not to mention if Kallig is your ancestor you can't be a twi'lek or rattataki .Also these races' looks as they are presented in the game can't be an offspring of parents of different races(except human or/and sith pureblood).They look enough pure to assume that both of their parents and way back are also your race.You can't be a twi'lek and Kallig being your ancestor and look the way twi'leks look in the character selection.But enough about that.

My inquisitor is pureblood sith .Yes there is some controversy.I am not entirely sure but i think they were not going to be pureblood sith inquisitors in the beginning but later the developers caved in under fan's pressure.

Pureblood sith were suposed to be the privileged caste/race whatever in the Sith society or at least several decades before the events in the game. So its hard to belive a pureblood sith is a slave.

I suppose my inquisitor's grand grand parents or grand parents(or all the way back to Kallig) somehow were enslaved and stayed slaves despite one of the parents or both of them were pureblood sith.Thats how my inquisitor ends up in the academy as a slave.
So yea i guess sith pureblood inquisitor makes sense.

Also one of the coolest things in the game is pureblood sith assassin looking like Vindican in the ''Return'' cinematic.

DarthZak
01.07.2013 , 08:05 AM | #72
Lightsided Pureblood

Why?

The biggest disgrace to the Empire is a Sith family thats lightsided. This will turn the Empire on them and will most likely slaughter the adults. The kid(s) will be given away as slaves. When old enough they show The Force and are send to the Academy, perhaps after brainwashing or simply turning them.
Here they find out their heritage and who's to say they dont find out how they got enslaved?

I played my Sorc as a Pureblood and I enjoyed it very much. There are various ways on how a Pureblood lands into slavery and when they do they are treated as such. The Sith are very into castes after all
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

Aries_cz
01.31.2013 , 11:44 AM | #73
I am thinking Human or Zabrak. Humans fit nicely into all story lines, so I will not discuss them.
As for Zabrak, outside the purely cosmetic choice in Seethe icon, I think it is not that inplausible, with some interspecies breeding, and lots of time passed, so plenty of your ancestors could be Human, and Zabrak are not that different from Humans.

However, I am wondering about the endgame story
Spoiler

Is this somehow reflected in game, or do they just go something like "Ok, your are strong, join us"?
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

SithKoriandr
01.31.2013 , 11:49 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
I am thinking Human or Zabrak. Humans fit nicely into all story lines, so I will not discuss them.
As for Zabrak, outside the purely cosmetic choice in Seethe icon, I think it is not that inplausible, with some interspecies breeding, and lots of time passed, so plenty of your ancestors could be Human, and Zabrak are not that different from Humans.

However, I am wondering about the endgame story
Spoiler

Is this somehow reflected in game, or do they just go something like "Ok, your are strong, join us"?
More like rules are in place, and because of one Dark Council member trying to use those rules to kill you, you're placed on the seat. That doesn't mean the council wants you there. More of a grudging acceptance of it.

legolegion
01.31.2013 , 12:31 PM | #75
the most fitting race human female
Spoiler

Mercurial_Harpy
01.31.2013 , 05:25 PM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by legolegion View Post
Spoiler
I've always assumed this.

Spoiler

In cannon (if and when Bioware ever releases cannon), I think it's likely that the SI will end up being a human female, perhaps the only female out of the 8 classes. My runner up race would be Zabrak though.

It's funny to hear folks try and deduce what the SI's actual race is because of what Kallig says or doesn't. say, or how it can't possibly be Twi'lek because Kallig's ghost doesn't have Lekku, etc.

I can't take credit for this; someone else posted this long ago. Are we 100% sure...

Spoiler

Just food for thought
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

SithKoriandr
01.31.2013 , 05:50 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by legolegion View Post
Spoiler
I'd think any humanoid female strong in the force would likely fit using that criteria, which leaves most of them except for Twilek. And going by lore and knowing a few things we do know, not likely Purebloods or Chiss (Purebloods being made available due to players clamoring for it, and Chiss as a racial unlock).

DAWUSS
01.31.2013 , 10:12 PM | #78
Human, mostly because of Kallig, and my reasoning is more based on the presumption that the Old Sith Empire would be even more speciesist in favor of Humans and Sith Purebloods, and that pins him down to those 2 races. Add in the notion that Sith purebloods are given special status in the Sith Empire, the SI's slave background, and Harkun's treatment of Ffon (he recognizes Ffon's purebloodedness but not yours? And you don't get to point that out [AFAIK]), that rules out Sith Purebloods. Human it is.

Aries_cz
02.01.2013 , 02:50 AM | #79
Well, I think that Zash does not give a damn about gender of her apprentice.
She wants someone strong in Force, so that she would be even stronger. She might prefer a girl as her apprentice, but she just rolls with whatever she has (also, Andronikos is lame, so more reason to not play Female SI ).
I think he disliked Ffon because he was not that strong in Force, and he was an idiot who just got through because of his Sith blood.

As for race, I am still leaning more and more to Zabrak, because of the voice-overs, as they fit the race really well, maybe even more than Humans
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Izorii
02.01.2013 , 02:14 PM | #80
I am going to go human. Because
Spoiler