Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What could a 5th class be on either Faction?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What could a 5th class be on either Faction?

Januaria
01.30.2013 , 02:42 PM | #111
Elevator Repair Person.

Ya gotta figure with all those elevators on both the Imp and Pub sides, they gotta break down sometimes. And who ya gonna call, some Sith or Jedi? I don't think so!

"In the avalanche of life I'm a special little snowflake."

Stradlin
01.30.2013 , 03:20 PM | #112
Admiral/General

Support/CC class. Crazy buffs to your allies, terrifying nerfs to your enemies. Very group dependant. Doesnt do any proper DPS himself. Gives sick boosts tho others in group if played well.

Has two or three companions out at once while soloing. Challenge and charm of single player combat comes from comboing the talents of these companions into something resembling teamwork.

Character story includes a touching thoroughly forbidden SGR love story between a man and his Dialogue Wheel.

Keypek
01.30.2013 , 03:33 PM | #113
Always thought an engineer type class would be cool. Basically puts down turrets or mechanical droid pets that follow him. One tree focuses on turret/pets that make him a tank, another they focus on helping heal or buff, and other dps. So it can be on both sides and an anything type of class.

But as others have pointed out BW pretty much handcuffed their ability to create new and original content with the "everything is voiceover" stuff. Personally wish they'd come out and say "Look, voiceover was cool for the game release but to create new and original content at a reasonable cost and time we're just going to have to ditch it" and stop worrying about it.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
55s=1 of everything. Vanguard main.
Undercon __ ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands

Thylbanus
01.30.2013 , 04:55 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Chroniclewulf View Post
The topic came up when me and a few friends were in a skype chat before, we were discussing what they could include as a new class so we came up with a pretty simple idea of an Imperial Soldier and a Republic spy, which could have the ability to hybrid wield a training sabre and a blaster pistol/shotgun, so just to expand on ideas, what do YOU guys think a good 5th class could be?
I like the Force Adept from the P&P RPG by WotC. Good neutral character that could introduce a classic starter world like Dathomir or even introduce the Zeison Sha, since they were Lightside (for the most part), but were antagonistic to the Jedi. It would offer great storylines for introduction/inclusion of the Baran Do, the Jal Shey, Findsman, Matukai, and even tie in some the the Voss mysticism. The area is ripe and would be a great way to introduce a neutral class and storyline.
It's amazing how loud a dollar can be.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Kristin Wilson

kirorx
01.30.2013 , 05:39 PM | #115
A good one that could be tied to an expansion

Kashyykk Expansion.

2 new classes with their own storylines and companions

Wookie Warrior (republic)
Trandoshan Hunter (sith)

Advanced classes would be a ranged healer with dps option or melee tank with dps option.

(no hero classes, with tank/heals)

Maybe tie this in with the empire in need of strong slaves for a secret weapon
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

GalaxyStrong
01.30.2013 , 06:18 PM | #116
Their was a guy who posted about a class of force sensitive martial artist. I cant remember there title but they protected the space lines and would do this by having ther own ship or getting a position on a standard vessel (ship navigator something like that). They never use weapon like light-saber or blasters because most of their battles take place in side space shuttles. A lot of people totally hated on the idea but, I thought it could work and work well. Does anybody know what I'm talking about, I just cant remember their title.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN