Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why no TfB and EC SM in group finder?


mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
01.30.2013 , 12:20 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghostius View Post
Look at WoW, their group finder for ALL RAIDS is more than popular. Why would it be different in SWTOR?
I would be for BioWare fixing SM EC (back to before Nerf) and putting everything on Group Finder, just don't put any of the operations on random. You would have to specify which operations you want to do and get that one only.

I would never use it except with a full group, but I have no problem with them doing it. I just like to enter a operation with a reasonable expectation that everyone in the group can handle the mechanics, understand their class, can follow the group leaders instructions and have a basic concept that the entire group is important . The social side is just as important as the story side. You want to see the story, I do not want to play with players that say nothing and then need everything when they are not pulling their weight being carried by the group. Don't take that wrong, I will take a friendly person that is trying through anything up to their level and level of gear when the rest of the group is viable enough to carry them, but unfriendly greedy people that thinks the group owes them, then I pass on carrying them.

You also have no concept of my guild or many of the guilds that we are aligned, we have many people that have real life commitments, just don't join a progression guild or a progression group within a casual guild. We do fun runs, comm runs and have even scheduled operations at very weird hours because one person wanted to see a instance but lived in a different country and had a very random work schedule.

jeniyagyu's Avatar


jeniyagyu
01.30.2013 , 04:14 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghostius View Post
BLook at WoW, their group finder for ALL RAIDS is more than popular. Why would it be different in SWTOR?
WoW ALSO has a gear check, you want raids on the GF, get Bioware to do a gear check instead of spending their time with a noob/dumb version. A gear check would be more than enough to put the normal EC SM/TFB SM on the group finder, then maybe KP/EV HM or even NiM too.

I would rather a GEAR CHECKER then a NOOB Version of the operations. That way, ALL the operations can get on the GF and you can enjoy them all (Even when the new stuff come out), or is that still not enough for you?

Because I dont't understand get all the gear you can, then just running something over and over and over without a thought of being able to do anything higher or harder.

So why not a gaer check? Why a noob version? Because once you start that, your going to have to do it for everything because people will whine about not being able to do HM/NiM because it isn't on the GF for them. (You say they wont, but they will, whiners are like that.)

wetslampigduex's Avatar


wetslampigduex
01.30.2013 , 04:19 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by jeniyagyu View Post
WoW ALSO has a gear check, you want raids on the GF, get Bioware to do a gear check instead of spending their time with a noob/dumb version. A gear check would be more than enough to put the normal EC SM/TFB SM on the group finder, then maybe KP/EV HM or even NiM too.

I would rather a GEAR CHECKER then a NOOB Version of the operations. That way, ALL the operations can get on the GF and you can enjoy them all (Even when the new stuff come out), or is that still not enough for you?

Because I dont't understand get all the gear you can, then just running something over and over and over without a thought of being able to do anything higher or harder.

So why not a gaer check? Why a noob version? Because once you start that, your going to have to do it for everything because people will whine about not being able to do HM/NiM because it isn't on the GF for them. (You say they wont, but they will, whiners are like that.)
give up on it already, he obviously doesn't get it.


Ignorance is Bliss

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
01.30.2013 , 11:24 PM | #54
We don't need a gear check. We need some sort of skill check.

I'd suggest using the Achievement: Epic Enemies to let people que for SM EC and SM TFB.

They could make it so the requirement for SM EC was one of the following: SM EC, SM TFB, NiM EV, NiM KP, HM EC, HM TFB, or NiM EC.
And for SM TFB it would just be SM TFB, NiM EV, NiM KP, HM EC, HM TFB, or NiM EC.

EDIT: Forgot Nightmare Pilgrim, or 3+ stack Dreadtooth, either of those should get you into SM TFB que.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

jasonthelamb's Avatar


jasonthelamb
01.31.2013 , 10:01 AM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmon View Post
cause its bad enough doing EV+ KP with people who dont have a clue.
true dat

FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
02.02.2013 , 11:06 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmon View Post
cause its bad enough doing EV+ KP with people who dont have a clue.
This is my take on how an average GF EV run goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqYbQ73aOU

Don't get me wrong, I myself do wish there was more content in group finder and certain difficulties weren't exclusive to private groups or guilds however the problem I see particularly since F2P is not gear or even skill... but common sense.

Most pug runs go well. however you do get that one player who pulls half of belsavis or hutta then lays blame on the healers for their mess.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

schnopsnosn's Avatar


schnopsnosn
02.02.2013 , 11:49 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
This is my take on how an average GF EV run goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqYbQ73aOU

Don't get me wrong, I myself do wish there was more content in group finder and certain difficulties weren't exclusive to private groups or guilds however the problem I see particularly since F2P is not gear or even skill... but common sense.

Most pug runs go well. however you do get that one player who pulls half of belsavis or hutta then lays blame on the healers for their mess.
Oh God, the horror...do you have to bring back suppressed memories...

Vegabond's Avatar


Vegabond
02.02.2013 , 12:47 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
This is my take on how an average GF EV run goes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdqYbQ73aOU

Don't get me wrong, I myself do wish there was more content in group finder and certain difficulties weren't exclusive to private groups or guilds however the problem I see particularly since F2P is not gear or even skill... but common sense.

Most pug runs go well. however you do get that one player who pulls half of belsavis or hutta then lays blame on the healers for their mess.
This.

FlyinSpaghetti's Avatar


FlyinSpaghetti
02.02.2013 , 07:13 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
Oh God, the horror...do you have to bring back suppressed memories...
Fact is it's still a living nightmare for some, the last few times I've had a group fall apart it's always been either on the pylons in EV as exactly described in the youtube clip or just after fabricator in KP where people spawn off the speeder and run into the room with mobs like lemmings going off a cliff "AFTER" just wiping on that part "AFTER" being warned not to go into the next room.

It's mistakes like this that make mice look intelligent, I do believe there needs to be some sort of basic situational awareness test before people are allowed to step into any ops. Maybe like some mini training op that teaches people things like lava is bad or un-CC'ed healing mobs are bad or maybe even some puzzle solving without having the group to forfeit weekly comms or lockouts from an op when things go pear-shaped halfway through because someone is failing to learn or even failing to recognise the mechanics the op is throwing at them.

If there was something like this that sieved the more situational aware people from the ones who clearly weren't ready for the content tactically then there would be no problem in having the harder content in group finder.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

schnopsnosn's Avatar


schnopsnosn
02.02.2013 , 07:41 PM | #60
The last time I queued solo I got into a group that had a whopping SIX guys in full Campaign-gear(it was a while ago so purchasable Campaign-armorings didn't exist back then) and we wiped about FIVE times at the pylons because we were not fast enough. Don't ask me how this group managed it, it was horrible...