Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So. Ninjas yea?

mikebevo
01.29.2013 , 11:57 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
To be fair, most people who are complaining about ninjas and losing loot rolls are only thinking of themselves. Since the complaint thread stems from THEM losing a roll on something. The issue isn't fueled by altruism. It's fueled by people thinking of themselves and what they lost a roll on.
I'm not, all but a few runs my least geared companion is better geared than everyone (but me) in the group, so I usually pass on everything that could possibly be useful to anyone in the group or their companions. However, that does not mean I do watch rolls and get upset about ninjas. Now when I get a group in the close to the same gear, I will greed.

I even pass on biometric crystals, have over 100 and our guild has between 300 and 400 in the bank. I needed 3 when I first hit 50 on my first toon, but since then I have only greeded until I started worrying about storage space. Still feel like a idiot paying 100k for the first one to make my rakata stim.

I am living proof that you can get very well geared without ever using need. If you are nice and treat people with respect, they will want to raid with you. So for 6 months I was doing 3 raids a week on one toon, until I started to get burned out and toned it down to a one group and maybe a guild fun/comm run.

Icestar
01.29.2013 , 05:16 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by psandak View Post
I disagree with your assessment of other MMOs. Every MMO's loot system has a flaw. Not going to go into details here. Suffice it to say, that some are too restrictive and some are not restrictive enough.

The solution is actually VERY simple...

COMMUNICATION!!!!!

If you are in a group, in a particular FP looking for a specific piece of gear, then TELL THE REST OF THE GROUP!!!!. I guarantee that the group will listen. And if one person decides to be a DB and click need anyway, they have just alienated three players not just one.
Nah, this does not work in the current PUG situation, you can check the thousands of posts regarding this matter since launch.

In every groupfinder flashpoint I do I ask the team only to need on items they can use themselves, in most cases nobody answers. Communication is not the strongest part of most PUGs nowdays through groupfinder. Your guarantee that everyone listens is sadly not worth much since I know it is the opposite.

You canīt check every boss for every specific item and tell the team not to roll on it, you discover in almost all cases afterwards that someone has taken the item and then it is to late.

It is much better to have a common sense lootsystem where you can need roll on the items your class uses and restrict all other classes from needing it. Greed will be open for everyone to use and if someone wants it for a companion/sell it/give it to a alt/eat it the greed option is the best to use.

Anyways the players that wants to roll on every item will always argue that a better lootsystem is a bad idea, question is why

GalaxyStrong
01.29.2013 , 06:58 PM | #73
Quote: Originally Posted by Ryofo View Post
So. yeah I'm wondering what the point of this thread is? we all know ninjas are out there, whether through ignorance or idiocy but making a thread on the forums tying to get some validation for you butt-hurt feeling is just as immature. You clearly know what a ninja is and that they exist, this is a pointless thread can we get it locked now.
This time a million.

Were beating a dead horse here people.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Icestar
01.29.2013 , 07:09 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
This time a million.

Were beating a dead horse here people.
And new threads will be created and hundreds of new posts will be made. Check for yourself by searching, the lootsystem has been discussed over and over again and then some more.

If the anarchy lootsystem would be changed to NOT allow ninjas to roam free, I am sure the community would be much happier

FlyinSpaghetti
01.30.2013 , 01:37 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenrais View Post
I have always utterly and despised people who needed on items they can not possibly use and win them. only to sell them rather than a person who could use it get it.

First Esseles run:Sentinal ninjas my chest piece

Second run:Sage ninjas my boots

No other troopers were in the group except me.

Are these people brain dead or something? Or using it for their companions? Hell If I know but This is really annoying me. I've sent a ticket and I doubt i'll get anything but the "OH THANKS FOR REPORTING THIS PERSON BUT SCREW YOU" macro'd response.

Ugh. Just hate
Your experience of ninja'ing is so insignificant to what I experienced earlier playing on my commando alt, while clearing the trash mobs just after Firebrand & storm in EC SM PuG run (I am in a guild but my commando isn't guilded yet) one of the tanks decided to use their aggro dump to stealth while the rest of us were in combat busy clearing the first mobs, went straight for the chest, ninja'd the stabs for themselves then DC'ed.
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

Darth-Hellion
01.30.2013 , 02:17 PM | #76
personally I never ninja, if i run through anything with anyone, I won't take an item i can't think of the use for, i usually pass on most things unless I think one of my companions can use it

SnoggyMack
01.30.2013 , 05:08 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
I'm not, all but a few runs my least geared companion is better geared than everyone (but me) in the group, so I usually pass on everything that could possibly be useful to anyone in the group or their companions. However, that does not mean I do watch rolls and get upset about ninjas. Now when I get a group in the close to the same gear, I will greed.

I even pass on biometric crystals, have over 100 and our guild has between 300 and 400 in the bank. I needed 3 when I first hit 50 on my first toon, but since then I have only greeded until I started worrying about storage space. Still feel like a idiot paying 100k for the first one to make my rakata stim.

I am living proof that you can get very well geared without ever using need. If you are nice and treat people with respect, they will want to raid with you. So for 6 months I was doing 3 raids a week on one toon, until I started to get burned out and toned it down to a one group and maybe a guild fun/comm run.
While I am too lazy to search your posting history, your post here indicates to me that you're unlikely to be someone who has created a bunch of threads complaining about having loot ninja'd from you by losing a roll to someone in your group who plays a completely different class than you do and wouldn't be able to equip the item that was being rolled on.

I guess I could refine my point to state that "people who start these kind of ninja complaint threads aren't really doing it to look out for others."

And concede that there are those who participate in those threads who have altruism in mind.

Still, in the grand scheme of things I find that there are indeed quite a few players who are altruistic. These people sometimes end up being my friends in the game. People I group with regularly. Gets back to my whole point about if a person really wants a particular drop from an encounter like a flashpoint or an operation, using the LFG tool is probably the inferior choice. Finding friends and guildmates to go after the item is the superior choice. Because those people much more often care about you and you care about them. Making it more likely to find people that will help you get the item instead of just rolling on it and dropping from the group after winning it.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"

DarthNofu
01.30.2013 , 05:12 PM | #78
This isn't the correct name for a Ninja, but we were on Cademimu and I was DPS and the other sorc was a healer.

He died by standing in the fires at the end like an idiot. The main boss only had half his health gone. I had to try to heal and protect the Tank, heal him, and dodge fire, all while being specced into madness!

Needless to say, we won and I didn't even get a thanks, but instead, the good for nothing healer needed on the other willpower item and got it. DID NOT DESERVE IT!

mikebevo
01.30.2013 , 06:06 PM | #79
Quote: Originally Posted by SnoggyMack View Post
While I am too lazy to search your posting history, your post here indicates to me that you're unlikely to be someone who has created a bunch of threads complaining about having loot ninja'd from you by losing a roll to someone in your group who plays a completely different class than you do and wouldn't be able to equip the item that was being rolled on.
Not only are you lazy you don't seem to have a clue about human nature, because I have never created a thread complaining about having loot a ninja on this or any other forum. It is also very difficult for me to lose rolls when I hardly ever roll because I pass about 95% of the time. Either you were too lazy to read the post you quoted or you quoted the wrong post.

I didn't even start this thread in case you were too lazy to look at that too.

SnoggyMack
01.30.2013 , 06:07 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
Not only are you lazy you don't seem to have a clue about human nature, because I have never created a thread complaining about having loot a ninja on this or any other forum. It is also very difficult for me to lose rolls when I hardly ever roll because I pass about 95% of the time. Either you were too lazy to read the post you quoted or you quoted the wrong post.
To be fair, most people who are complaining about ninjas and losing loot rolls are only thinking of themselves. Since the complaint thread stems from THEM losing a roll on something. The issue isn't fueled by altruism. It's fueled by people thinking of themselves and what they lost a roll on.
Snoggy Mack
My Blog
My quote: "All the other kids with the pumped up Sith, you better run, better run, faster than my blaster"