Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Did they Nerf LI HM?


Darth_Dreselus's Avatar


Darth_Dreselus
01.28.2013 , 01:26 AM | #11
That 'no one-shotting' thing is bollocks. A dedicated group with good DPS (2 tanks or less on Lorrick) can in fact do it in 15-20m.

@ OP, yes it was nerfed a bit, for instance of the Droid boss you now get a warning of which person is going to get the arch and they can move it away from the group. At release it would just drop without any warning. But is still is an FP which requires people to know what they are doing and be in at least half Columi, hard to carry people through it.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

haliy's Avatar


haliy
01.28.2013 , 08:02 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by sumuser View Post
LI hm can not be one-shooted through to the end boss lmao. If that did happen, you were doin SM or it was bugged / some was using an exploit.
Please enlighten me as to how LI HM can not be one-shotted unless using an exploit. Myself and a ton of others who have one-shotted LI HM would like to know.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
01.28.2013 , 12:54 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
@ OP, yes it was nerfed a bit, for instance of the Droid boss you now get a warning of which person is going to get the arch and they can move it away from the group. At release it would just drop without any warning. But is still is an FP which requires people to know what they are doing and be in at least half Columi, hard to carry people through it.
That is the only change I am aware of, and in fact, I think the old version where lightning just dropped unexpectedly was easier. Now we have people trying to run away and place their lightning somewhere, which ends up with dropping lightning EVERYWHERE.

On the "one-shot" discussion I think somebody confused "one-shot every boss" with "solo kill every boss". Second languages can be tricky that way.

Darth_Dreselus's Avatar


Darth_Dreselus
01.28.2013 , 01:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by NoFishing View Post
That is the only change I am aware of, and in fact, I think the old version where lightning just dropped unexpectedly was easier. Now we have people trying to run away and place their lightning somewhere, which ends up with dropping lightning EVERYWHERE.
Before the only option you had was to kite the boss if you had melee. Now the melee can actually play the mechanic. They should drop it in pre-determined places and not run around with it like headless chickens so in a good team is won't be 'everywhere', it will be exactly where you want it.

It probably is the only change, I have also seen Sav-Rak not smash and just jump up to a platform but that's likely not intentional.
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

dscount's Avatar


dscount
01.28.2013 , 03:44 PM | #15
The slightly movable bubble shield drop was a change a couple patches ago. Small window of time and very handy to see the warning as well icon like the one in Tanks of EC.

Rest is pretty much the same. This HM FP is mostly mechanics and our guild usually takes 3 seasoned toons and a semi-geared one thru with one-shot on most of the bosses.
Reference Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT (BW Details > HERE )
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

I'm not asking for much.... maybe some Cake too...

NoFishing's Avatar


NoFishing
01.28.2013 , 03:50 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Dreselus View Post
It probably is the only change, I have also seen Sav-Rak not smash and just jump up to a platform but that's likely not intentional.
He does that if your DPS is strong enough. He jumps at 80%/60%/40%/20%, but the smash is on a timer. Hit those thresholds before the timer, and he won't do it.

Ironically, high DPS makes this fight trivial, because he starts spitting after the smash OR the jump and continues until he is burned. Avoid the smash, and you avoid a lot of damage from the cleave and spit. This lets the healer throw out some damage, which helps to avoid the smash.

The next time you heal this fight, throw out some damage/DoTs early, and see the difference it makes.

sumuser's Avatar


sumuser
01.28.2013 , 07:34 PM | #17
Perhaps im misunderstanding the terminology of "one-shooting" LI HM. If by one shooting you think you can one-shot kill any of the bosses in BH gear or less, no you freaking cant. If you mean you can clear LI without wiping or dying and do so in 20 minutes, yes you can.

I agree once the mechanics are down and people know what they are doing it isnt a difficult HM to do. The droid boss is all about not dropping bubbles where the party is moving and interrupting incinerate. The platform boss is all about stacking and healing... The last boss is tanking phase one / DPS phase two.

HOWEVER, LI HM is much harder to get down then any of the tier ones which i can two-man with ease and i know some can solo. So please, you're not cool or UbEr, or anyhing other then competent if you can clear LI HM in 20 mins after practice.
Jedi Covenant
Apotheosis | lvl 50 | Bounty Hunter
Utnapishtim | lvl 50 | Sith Warrior

Talonwk's Avatar


Talonwk
01.28.2013 , 09:24 PM | #18
LI is definitely not that difficult if you go with a group that knows the mechanics. The problems happen when you get pugs that have never done it and show up in greens because they don't know that the get a free set of recruit and tionese gear and/or they don't care that it is a tier 2 hard mode and think its fine. You can easily clear this in less than 20 mins. Here is a video of us doing it for LOLs in 17 and half minutes after engaging the first mini boss at the bridge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIBIq...ature=youtu.be
Affliction Guild Master Affliction Guild Website
Omnipřtent - Carnage Marauder
Omnipresent - Medicine Operative
Omniscient - Darkness Assassin

LarryRow's Avatar


LarryRow
01.29.2013 , 12:15 PM | #19
There was another very significant nerf to the droid boss. He no longer does an interruptable attack before he casts incinerate. This means the tank can't waste his interrupt and it should be available for incinerate. Another small nerf is that he does not stop to do this ability any more, he does it on the move. It was very frustrating to be kiting him when he casts incinerate and get 2 or 3 stacks because he is out of range due to his previous attack.

Personally I hate the twitch and lag issues that come into play when dealing with interrupting channels. Casts that are reasonably long (1.5 seconds) are OK. Nightmare pilgrim does a 1s cast that is impossible to interrupt on my computer with 16 people's abilities going crazy causing all that lag. When I have to interrupt incinerate, I almost always take 1 stack due to lag.

Anyway, thought I'd share.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

Gronkaarr's Avatar


Gronkaarr
01.29.2013 , 12:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by sumuser View Post
Perhaps im misunderstanding the terminology of "one-shooting" LI HM. If by one shooting you think you can one-shot kill any of the bosses in BH gear or less, no you freaking cant. If you mean you can clear LI without wiping or dying and do so in 20 minutes, yes you can.

I agree once the mechanics are down and people know what they are doing it isnt a difficult HM to do. The droid boss is all about not dropping bubbles where the party is moving and interrupting incinerate. The platform boss is all about stacking and healing... The last boss is tanking phase one / DPS phase two.

HOWEVER, LI HM is much harder to get down then any of the tier ones which i can two-man with ease and i know some can solo. So please, you're not cool or UbEr, or anyhing other then competent if you can clear LI HM in 20 mins after practice.
talking about pve content, people say "one-shot" as in beating the boss in the first attempt. they most certainly don't mean they are killing the boss with a single attack because that would be stupid