Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to Complete class quest

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

VarickThrae
01.29.2013 , 02:12 AM | #1
I am attempting to complete my class quest on my sith warrior by going to the transponder station after voss however the game crashes to desktop when selecting the zone

Sutii
01.29.2013 , 02:33 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello VarickThrae,

Sorry to hear that you've experienced this problem, as a first step towards resolving this issue I would request that you try using the 'Repair' utility on the launcher. To do this please click on the button located in the bottom left hand corner of the launcher window after you have logged into it, but before you click 'Play'. This will open a settings menu where you will be able to find and click on the 'Repair' button.

Please let the repair function do its work. Although a message may imply that it downloads a considerable amount of data, this is not accurate as it will only download a small proportion of it in order to repair your existing files.

Please let us know here how you get on.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

VarickThrae
01.29.2013 , 03:56 AM | #3
Completed the repair and im still crashing to desktop any time i attempt to enter that area

Beesodd
01.29.2013 , 04:01 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for getting back to us, and sorry that the initial step didn't help.

Next, can you ty reducing all your graphics settings to the minimum possible, disabling bloom and so on.

If you can enter without issue, then just change your settings back and progress.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

VarickThrae
01.29.2013 , 04:16 AM | #5
That seems to have fixed it not sure what the issue was initially since i was running at 60 fps but eh things happen thank you

Beesodd
01.29.2013 , 04:20 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Great, thanks for the update. It's actually usually an issue with bloom*, so disabling that will stop the crash from triggering.

*We have had some reports in the past that just disabling bloom didn't work, which is why we get you to lower everything to the minimum.

Anyway, thanks again and enjoy the game.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.