Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1-855-GO-SWTOR VIOP number

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

nicosand
01.28.2013 , 07:03 AM | #1
I've just tried to call this nr using skype, and its not working... It worked fine a couple of weeks ago, but now it just hangs up immediately. Have you guys removed this toll free nr?? Because it should work fine even if I dont have any "cash" on my skype account. Im NOT gonna use my cell phone to call you CS and get charge a ridiculous amount om money to sit on hold for hours...

OwenBrooks
01.28.2013 , 07:08 AM | #2
Contact numbers are in the below link.

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5200

nicosand
01.28.2013 , 07:11 AM | #3
you really didnt answer my question there.... I used the posted number to call them using skype, so I didnt have to pay for sitting on hold for ages. Im fully aware of that FAQ, but it doesnt explain what happend to the number in question...

OwenBrooks
01.28.2013 , 07:12 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by nicosand View Post
you really didnt answer my question there.... I used the posted number to call them using skype, so I didnt have to pay for sitting on hold for ages. Im fully aware of that FAQ, but it doesnt explain what happend to the number in question...
It was removed as a means of contact as far as i am aware.

nicosand
01.28.2013 , 07:16 AM | #5
When?? And more importantly, WHY??

Oh, wait, I know... They must have realised that since they're not getting as much money as planned from selling coins, having a toll free number ppl could use maybe wasnt such a good thing. And by removig the numbers provided in this post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=462050 they're atleast getting some income...

OwenBrooks
01.28.2013 , 07:20 AM | #6
Yes, you are correct it was likely not economicly viable to run that number any more, business make these decisions all the time.

I am in Australia and it costs me 60 cents an hour on Voip if I use a free voip account to the US and UK

Not a big issue for me.

nicosand
01.28.2013 , 09:31 PM | #7
can I pls get an reply from CS here? Have you removed this number? If so, why???

OwenBrooks
01.28.2013 , 10:04 PM | #8
can I pls get an reply from CS here? Have you removed this number? If so, why???
How about with the change to Free 2 Play , it was not viable to continue free calls in conjunction with free play, may as well just close the game down as they can't afford to give everything away for free, not sure what answer you are looking for here, but feel free to wait for an official answer.

nicosand
01.29.2013 , 01:50 AM | #9
It doesnt say anywhere that this number has been removed, so I want to know if it indeed has, and why. Simple as that, I called them with this number in skype 3 times, and every time I got an answer with minimal wait time, maybe a few minutes tops. In my mind, this number was the only decent way to get in touch with them.

Blackardin
01.29.2013 , 07:37 AM | #10
What the hell difference does it make? It was a business decision. Its gone. You can call them on the CS line. Its free. They owe you no explanation LOL.

Jeebess, let it go already.
May the Schwartz be with you....