Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fraudulant Crafter, The Harbringer, Empire

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Fraudulant Crafter, The Harbringer, Empire

ClarkWGriswald
01.25.2013 , 08:35 PM | #1
To all my fellow SWtoR players. Before I get into about what I am going to type, I know I am going to get a lot of the following responses so please keep them to yourselves:
Quit QQing
Why didn't you check his crafting abilities?
Go to the GTN and buy the mod
Have your guild make the mod
ETC ETC ETC

Well here I go. I play on The Harbringer server, Empire Side in the US. I was looking for a crafter to make Advanced Deflecting Mod 27 on the Imperial Fleet. A player by the name of Lordxrevn told me he would make the mod the for free if I had the mats. I traded with Lorxrevn and he then asked me for 20k. I gave him the 20k and he left. I whispered him to ask where he was going and he placed me on ignore.

I logged onto another character and whispered Lordxrevn. He basically told me he didn't know what I was talking about. After I told him I could have his account banned, he told me if I gave him 25k he would give me back the mats. I told him I would give him 17k which would give him 37k total that his already taken from me. He told me to meet him on Belsavis. I told him no and meet on fleet and invite to group. He placed me on ignore again. This goes to show you he's a liar and a cheat.

If this player is in your guild or on your friends list, he can not be trusted. All I want is my mats and credits back or I'll take the mod and you can have the mats and credits I don't care at this point.

Just to let you guys or gals know I already reported him in game and on this website. If you play on The Harbringer don't trust this player. Players like Lordxrevn make MMO's not fun at all to play.

Thank you all for looking at this post,
Clarkw

NightshadeBlue
01.26.2013 , 08:51 PM | #2
Thanks for letting me know. I'll keep an eye on him if I see him.

BTW do you happen to have any screenshots of it?
We fight for honor and for the Republic!
Republic Honor

NLxAROSA
01.27.2013 , 11:38 AM | #3
So you get screwed over for mats and cash and your response is to give him yet more cash? And then you come here with a disclaimer in your post? ROFLMAO

Just report the guy and get your stuff back, if he screwed you he probably screwed more.

ClarkWGriswald
01.28.2013 , 04:34 PM | #4
Yes took screen shots of the conversation. Got the usual reply, "Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we will investigate the issue and take any action if there is a violation of the agreement".

TheBBP
01.28.2013 , 04:46 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by ClarkWGriswald View Post
Yes took screen shots of the conversation. Got the usual reply, "Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we will investigate the issue and take any action if there is a violation of the agreement".
That is all you will get. They will not inform you of any actions if any are taken either outside of money or items returned to you. That's policy though, not wrongdoing on their part.
Crosswire - Republic Commando
Commander - The Way of the Maker Christian/Family-rated Guild
Ebon Hawk

ClarkWGriswald
01.28.2013 , 07:41 PM | #6
so do you think I will get my crafting items back......not really worried about the 20k, I can get that back by clearing TFB. The crafting mats on the other hand are the most expensive on this server. molecular stabilizers go for 160k

Elyssandra
01.28.2013 , 11:26 PM | #7
That's a shame.
I'm guessing that he's not really a crafter just some guy who decided to behave like a tool - since for a crafter to pull something like that, is basically the end of his business.
I don't blame you - I have myself handed over mats to crafters for mods/ hilts/ barrels, etc. There's a certain amount of trust involved.
Why not report this upstanding citizen to his guild leader? Perhaps shaming from his peers and friends may persuade him to return your mats.

ziphii
01.29.2013 , 08:32 PM | #8
Might want to post this on the server forums...

Although doesn't BW/EA have rules that you can't call someone out by name in the forums? I thought someone else said they did have that rule. Because really, you could just be mad at the guy and want to hurt his crafting business. We don't know. That's why reporting him was the correct response. Hopefully in your report, you mentioned your missing mats; they should give you those back.

Linkgusta
01.31.2013 , 02:53 AM | #9
Good Evening,

I am the Guild Master of the guild that that player is in. I want to let you know I have gotten your information from my officers in the guild and have emailed you in game. I do not condone these actions whatsoever and will not tolerate it at all.

Our plans are to get you your money back plus your mats. I am extremely sorry for your inconvienance.

For future referance if you need "legit" crafters i can guide you in the right direction.

I am attempting to handle this personally and I appreciate that you didnt call our Guild out in the forums. That member was on a temporary ban but upon completion of my investigation into the matter he will be removed from the guild. There is no room here for people who would do something so low.

Milandur
01.31.2013 , 03:02 AM | #10
On a related note, you should always ask for premades. If they can afford to RE the stuff to get the schematic, they can afford to make the items before trading with you. Any endgame crafter worth their salt will have a few Stabilizers on hand for custom orders.