Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

irishfino
01.26.2013 , 12:24 PM | #2631
Quote: Originally Posted by Inzuher View Post
This is part one of my "Rebirth" short story series, which consists of 5 short stories. I hope you'll enjoy, and if that is the case I'll be posting the 4 other parts later:
This thread is for prompts and prompt responses. If your stories would fit into one of the prompts, then by all means post them. If not, you are more than welcome to create your own thread.

If you are going to submit these for prompt responses, please hide the content under the spoiler tags.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Tatile
01.26.2013 , 01:49 PM | #2632
Legacy

Lord Vizloch and Broan

Spoiler

I don't... I don't understand you, Lord Vizloch? What are you doing?

Note: I'm going to shove this in as being before the fight that Broan and Rochester had. Yeah, that works.

EverSteam
01.27.2013 , 04:43 AM | #2633
Hello again
Reading and enjoying everything.

I was digging through old writings of my IA for The Life that's Left since I've hit a brick wall in it at the moment called Jonas Balkar and I came across this and felt an inclination to post it. Hope you all enjoy it, I don't normally go for third person

Prompt: Confessions/Communications Breakdown
Class: Imperial Agent
Words: 1,600 ish
Spoilers: None, though strong allusions to chapter 2 story line
Spoiler

iamthehoyden
01.27.2013 , 09:12 AM | #2634
Quote: Originally Posted by EverSteam View Post
Prompt: Confessions/Communications Breakdown
Class: Imperial Agent
Words: 1,600 ish
Spoilers: None, though strong allusions to chapter 2 story line
I'll catch up on my reading in this thread, but EverSteam, I just had to pop in to say this was lovely and bittersweet and so very very agent-y Reminded me of all the reasons I love Vector and why the agent story is so multi-dimensional.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

bright_ephemera
01.27.2013 , 05:15 PM | #2635
Sometime in Act 2: adventures for Vierce. Spoilers for Elara Dorne's conversation line. 3100 words, since apparently I can't write short fic lately.

Spoiler

Notes:
Spoiler
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.

Tatile
01.27.2013 , 05:52 PM | #2636
Poor, poor Vierce and poor Dorne. I can't really see him as a man given to sobs, but sitting there with angry tears and a broken hairpin?

On a more patriotic note, Imperial Intelligence can do wonderful things, so long as the Sith aren't involved.

bright_ephemera
01.27.2013 , 08:21 PM | #2637
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
On a more patriotic note, Imperial Intelligence can do wonderful things, so long as the Sith aren't involved.
Imperial Intelligence is terrifyingly awesome. Which is kind of a shame, because they also tend to be evil in the service of evil.

Apart from an AU Ruth crossover I don't think I've put a Sith in Vierce!verse before. (Checked my files; Ako Domi's the only one, and he wasn't exactly setting Imperial policy.) Something for me to think about...
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 70+ authors to date. 1900+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!

YoshiRaphElan
01.27.2013 , 08:52 PM | #2638
Hrmph. I never visit this thread (don't know why) and was wondering why Vierce never got updated. Wonder how much I've missed.

Tatile
01.28.2013 , 05:14 AM | #2639
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
Hrmph. I never visit this thread (don't know why) and was wondering why Vierce never got updated. Wonder how much I've missed.
Go through Bright's list of Authors and Characters to find all of the fiction she's got about Vierce

bright_ephemera
01.28.2013 , 06:19 AM | #2640
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
You haven't missed a whole lot since I stopped updating his standalone thread; I got stuck on Alderaan and then distracted by other projects. So, he finished Tatooine and called home on his own thread, there was a long silent block of [BRIGHT HAS NO IDEA WHAT SHE'S DOING], and then this thread finally got me writing some scattered things that I haven't done the main-plot context for: a couple of Alderaan drabbles, Allies during the Act 1 break, Stomping Grounds during the Act 1 break, a starting Act 2 Loyalty and Betrayal, and a bonus revisit to the old Brothers and Sisters story, now from Kirsk's POV.

That's everything I've done with him since...early November, I guess.
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Forever Shenanigans!