Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Building a computer for SWTOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Building a computer for SWTOR

wetslampigduex
01.18.2013 , 12:03 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Forget about it... those are AMD based, SWTOR doesn't work well with AMD.
MMORPG need CPU power more than GPU.
If you want high - Core i5 above 3.2, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia 650 ... is a minimum
I'm running an AMD 6950 2GB and never once had any sort of issues with it. From what i've seen up in the customer service forums some Nvidia cards get flickering screens.

Enako
01.26.2013 , 08:29 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by morfius View Post
Forget about it... those are AMD based, SWTOR doesn't work well with AMD.
MMORPG need CPU power more than GPU.
If you want high - Core i5 above 3.2, 8 GB RAM, Nvidia 650 ... is a minimum
dont perpetuate bs. amd works much better for MMOS. you are gpu intensive in mmos - you dont want latency. even if you implement a cluster of 4-5 computers thinking that it will get you over the '200 toons in stormwind' lag, it wont - you are limited with your connection and how it handles arbitrarily arriving data. even if you have 100 mbps, still a random toon appearing out of the corner will introduce delay.

and anyone who pays for a nvidia gpu instead of cheaper and comparably more powerful ati ones is a fool, and i have a bridge to sell them - its in san francisco.

im still using Phenom 965 4 core in a bulldozer capable 990fx mobo, with 6950 2 gb (unlocked). and im flying high still.

hell, im even able to run mount and blade warband under wine in linux with these specs and fly high with it.

ps : btw i STILL am using xp 32 bit and running the game by being limited to 3 gb ram despite having 8 gigs of ram, because i like the font sharpness and types in xp. and i am able to run any game with these specs spectacularly - i even do 3d gaming (using tridef) with a 42 inch lg tv.