Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Questions about Starwars speices

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Questions about Starwars speices

Katano
01.25.2013 , 03:02 PM | #1
I've had a few speices-related questions about star wars in general so hopefully someone can help me out.

1. Is there a species (or more than one) that are considered the "Spartans" of the starwars universe? (Please don't debate about real life spartans not being as good as Hollywood Spartans) basically a species famous for being really good fighters.

2. It seems to me that female twi'leks are considered the "sexy" species that all the guys of every species want to be with and watch dance. Is there a male species that has a similar effect on the women of the starwars universe?

3. Are there species that are considered extremely intelligent/smarter than most of the other species?

4. Is there a certain species that all the other species really like or hate? Like basically everyone loves them or hates them.

Genuine
01.25.2013 , 03:13 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Katano View Post
1. Is there a species (or more than one) that are considered the "Spartans" of the starwars universe? (Please don't debate about real life spartans not being as good as Hollywood Spartans) basically a species famous for being really good fighters.
Mandalorians

Quote:
2. It seems to me that female twi'leks are considered the "sexy" species that all the guys of every species want to be with and watch dance. Is there a male species that has a similar effect on the women of the starwars universe?
Not that i know off

Quote:
3. Are there species that are considered extremely intelligent/smarter than most of the other species?
1st one that come to mined is the Yoda species but there mostly classed as Wise so it sort of falls into your question there are other species in star wars that have better Tec then others but more intelligent thats a matter of opinion.

Quote:
4. Is there a certain species that all the other species really like or hate? Like basically everyone loves them or hates them.
twi'leks
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

Wolfninjajedi
01.25.2013 , 03:49 PM | #3
1. The Taung(AKA: The original Mandos)

2. Not sure that has been clarified in lore.

3. Probably not, can't think of any. I guess you could say the Rakata

4. Not sure of this question.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

StefanTOR
01.25.2013 , 04:15 PM | #4
Falleen males use pheromones to sway women from what I remember from the Thrawn books.

Edit: Though that is kind of cheating and they don't do it by just their looks. ^^

YoshiRaphElan
01.25.2013 , 06:19 PM | #5
I3. Are there species that are considered extremely intelligent/smarter than most of the other species?
Everyone is right about the Mandos being Spartans. As to this: Columi.

ObiWanBaikonur
01.26.2013 , 04:08 AM | #6
What about Kaleesh in the Spartan Category? (Can there be two?)

I agree with Falleen for #2

Probably the Gree for #3?

#4 is tough since I think most species are defined by a single dominant trait: i.e. Jawas are "filthy scavengers," Hutts are "Cruel Gangsters," Trandoshans are "Brutish Slavers". This leads to most everyone sharing a common opinion about each species, yeah? Am I way off base on this one?
"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." -Obi Wan Kenobi

Follow my adventures in the Republic of Georgia!

AlexDougherty
01.26.2013 , 05:34 AM | #7
1) The Taung or Mandaloreans, since the Taung are gone by the time of the game.
2) Depends upon the woman.
3) The Gree for Technology, The Chiss for Tactics and Strategy (especially Thrawn).
4) Gamorians, although Jawas, Sandpeople, Ithorians, and Sith Purebloods could be argued too.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

Path-x
01.26.2013 , 04:48 PM | #8
3. Rakata (well at least historically)
Jedi: You won the day, Sith. So, kill me if you must.
Warrior: I must.

amnie
01.26.2013 , 06:01 PM | #9
I personally have a little kink for male chiss, does that count?
these red eyes, they stare right into your soul, I tell you

JacenHallis
01.27.2013 , 05:30 AM | #10
Zeltron, but the Falleen, as has been said here, can use pheromones to trigger desire in others.
Ruminara Ven
Passion, yet serenity.