Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Big NO NO

Beniboybling
01.25.2013 , 04:15 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by CassandraP View Post
Holy cow!
To the OP and everyone else...
SW:ToR is literally the first MMO I've played. I found the mechanics of playing an MMO very daunting at first and I had one million questions (exaggeration for effect).
I kept at it though and I listened to everyones advice and opinions as we embarked on this new game together. I've been playing since beta. I got to play one beta weekend.
It took me a long time to level my first character, I made a lot of mistakes and bad decisions because of my noobness. I was definitely a 'baddie' back then.
Tenacity and perseverance won out in the end because now I have two 50's (one Republic and one Empire).
I'm working on a total of 6 pubs and 6 imps.
The game definitely doesn't 'cheat'. There have been a lot of things that needed fixing since beta, but most things have been fixed and the game is better for it. All these updates they've been doing have been great and I look forward to the expansion.
This is a challenging game at first, but when you take the time to learn it, study it, know it, then it becomes fun!
Quitting and starting a new character all the time starts a vicious frustrating cycle. It is self destructive behavior.
Let yourself level a character all the way to 50. Feel the accomplishment. If you never finish anything, you can never feel the joy of accomplishing something worth while.
Finish what you start in game and in real life. That is good advice for everyone.
This message was approved by The Gaming Madre...Baddestchica.
Exactly the same with me. I rolled two three different characters at 1st and had to restart them all! But I actually found it quite fun, and as always the second time round always turns out better.

But yeah, the game may seem difficult at first but you just need to persevere.

TalonVII
01.25.2013 , 05:23 PM | #22
I'm going to quote the Russle Crowe "Robin Hood" famous line.

"Rise and rise again, till lambs become lions"

What one must do in a game until you reach your potential.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

maxetius
01.29.2013 , 11:55 AM | #23
It's true, Jedi Knight Act 1 is pretty horrible until the end. Except for the Sith [who only show up close to the end of the planet story] it was ridiculously boring, even when played Darkside. There is almost no offensive use of force in cutscenes either. You're generally just chopping people up with your glowing sword, while the Sith Warrior and Inquisitor Force Choke and Lightning shock people in conversations left and right.

As a Consular, i had ONE offensive use of the force in my class quests... act 2... when I melted some Imp Scientist's Brain.

Jedi Knight, Act 1, Alderaan [meaning i was almost done with the act] I force choked someone who was already unconscious. whoop de do.