Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jai-San-Tobi
01.25.2013 , 04:06 PM | #2341
I am on Master Dar'Nala and would be in favour of a merge with the Dalborra server, I dont play on the Gav Daragon server so I can't really comment on that or what they would like.

If they do merge the servers together it would be great for a few open world PvP zones, such as the one on Tatooine, where you would be instantly flagged if you walked in.

All the other ideas have been put forward already about transfers off the Oceanic servers after the merger and that sounds like the best idea for the people that are not happy after the merge.

JovethGonzalez
01.25.2013 , 04:24 PM | #2342 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks! Thank you for all of your suggestions. As I mentioned earlier, we're going to review these and see what we can do. I'll be sure to update when we have anything new. In the meantime, please keep the ideas coming!

Esno
01.25.2013 , 04:35 PM | #2343
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hey folks! Thank you for all of your suggestions. As I mentioned earlier, we're going to review these and see what we can do. I'll be sure to update when we have anything new. In the meantime, please keep the ideas coming!
Please don't keep us hanging too long, merging b4 Makeb is launched would be preferred
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

Antiskeptic
01.25.2013 , 04:37 PM | #2344
Lol. Well that settles it for me. Unsubbing and won't return when I get back from Africa unless this **** is sorted.
//

lucotas
01.25.2013 , 05:12 PM | #2345
this is nice

tiggyd
01.25.2013 , 07:32 PM | #2346
Awesome! Hopefully we get a server merge!

laz_AU
01.25.2013 , 08:11 PM | #2347
Thanks - just remember to keep us updated even it its just to say the situation is still under review. Oh and just in case my suggestion was missed from ages ago:

Quote:
1. Merge all the apac servers into a single PVE server - the reasoning around this has been described many times. Keep the awesome latency, correct prime/op times, guilds, legacies and local community whilst boosting the population

2. Offer FREE transfers FROM US servers TO the apac server - in a bid to get those APAC players that left or rolled on US servers due to the population issues, to come back

3. Offer PAID transfers FROM the apac server TO US servers after a month or so - gives those who still hate Pve or have some other problem with the apac server after some time trying it, an opportunity to get out. Could possibly make this process free for PVP and RP players if that's not too complicated

4. Some form of advertising in Australia/NZ to get more people in before the release of the expansion
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

darthnish
01.26.2013 , 03:11 AM | #2348
Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
Thanks - just remember to keep us updated even it its just to say the situation is still under review. Oh and just in case my suggestion was missed from ages ago:
nope i dont agree with that move, i play from south asia, ping is terrible i want to play on EU servers where i get 250 ms vs 500~700 ms to aussie town. Just open up transfers and let us decide where we want to go.

Amlici
01.26.2013 , 03:15 AM | #2349
Im not fussed too much what you do i just want you to keep our server in Sydney though because i play this game because of the low ping. Most of Australia and New Zealand are very happy to have a server there.
Amlici 50 Operative Onti 50 Scoundrel
Dalborra APAC

laz_AU
01.26.2013 , 07:45 AM | #2350
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
nope i dont agree with that move, i play from south asia, ping is terrible i want to play on EU servers where i get 250 ms vs 500~700 ms to aussie town. Just open up transfers and let us decide where we want to go.
Great but i think you would be in the minority (people from south asia with crap pings, that still play on apac servers that want out). Just opening up transfers might suit you fine but would scatter the rest of the community. There will be a paid transfer option in the future regardless of what happens - use that if u want out. Why you chose to play on an APAC server with a worse ping in the first place is a mystery...
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS