Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why no TfB and EC SM in group finder?

Darslk
01.25.2013 , 10:25 AM | #11
I feel like they should add EC and TFB SM in group finder as a tier two, and only accessible after you've done both KP and EV SM. Theoretically, forcing people to do the other two first would make them pick up some sort of skill/understanding of how operations work.

Obviously this would still require some judgement, but I feel like it'd be better than the current system. Even if they just added EC this way.

LarryRow
01.25.2013 , 10:27 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Darslk View Post
I feel like they should add EC and TFB SM in group finder as a tier two, and only accessible after you've done both KP and EV SM. Theoretically, forcing people to do the other two first would make them pick up some sort of skill/understanding of how operations work.

Obviously this would still require some judgement, but I feel like it'd be better than the current system. Even if they just added EC this way.
I think I like this idea.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

schnopsnosn
01.25.2013 , 10:35 AM | #13

I'm sorry, but if you think that this would help them you are pretty naive.
Also what if they don't get a reasonable amount of gear from those two Ops and then jump straight into EC?

You can carry maybe one slacker in a PUG, but 2-3? Impossible...

Mistress_Ivi
01.25.2013 , 10:43 AM | #14
I'm relatively new to endgame content - seeing as how those who play on the PTS simply cannot experience it. Period.
So started over, got my 50... and I've found the instances you CAN'T LFG more fun AND easier. EA's just slacking again.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

ChicagoBearsFan
01.25.2013 , 11:37 AM | #15
To the OP. what server are you on? I under stand due to time constraints you might have a difficult time finding a group. But I have to ask, are you in a guild or have made friends? When I was first learning end game content I would go with the guild or ask friends if I could go with their guild to learn a new op. usually they were helpful, sometimes it did not work out. I realize that GF is a handy tool but I don't think a GF PUG is the best solution for you. It's a MMO, so hit up some friends and get them to take you along
Bearsfan - Commando Healer / DPS
Chicago - Shadow Tank
BeÓrs - Scoundrel Healer
<The Jedi of Camelot>JawaSpanker Legacy ~ POT5 Server

Darslk
01.25.2013 , 12:13 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
I'm sorry, but if you think that this would help them you are pretty naive.
Also what if they don't get a reasonable amount of gear from those two Ops and then jump straight into EC?

You can carry maybe one slacker in a PUG, but 2-3? Impossible...
Do I think it's a perfect fix? No. But it's not just gear, it's also experience working with a group and taking instructions. At the very least, I still think this is better than what we currently have. And if you feel you're getting too many baddies, then do what people do when they want a fast EV or KP SM: Find a group in general.

Sure a lot of people will end up just using general, but there are a lot of advantages to group finder, not to get off topic.

Ghostius
01.26.2013 , 04:45 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsFan View Post
To the OP. what server are you on? I under stand due to time constraints you might have a difficult time finding a group. But I have to ask, are you in a guild or have made friends? When I was first learning end game content I would go with the guild or ask friends if I could go with their guild to learn a new op. usually they were helpful, sometimes it did not work out. I realize that GF is a handy tool but I don't think a GF PUG is the best solution for you. It's a MMO, so hit up some friends and get them to take you along
Being in a raid guild is not suitable for me, been playing wow for 5 years in raid guild got me fed up. I just cant make my weekly schedule around raid times anymore, its too pressing on real life and feels like a job. Same with friends - all of them I know in game are not interested in raiding and/or are in same position as I am - they just dont want/cant schedule thier life around guild raid times. Thats why GF is perfect - raid when you want to. Thats also the reason why I still got wow sub - I log on twice a week, do all 3 raids and Im happy. Otherwise I would close my sub and say goodbye to wow.

schnopsnosn
01.26.2013 , 04:57 AM | #18
Do I think it's a perfect fix? No. But it's not just gear, it's also experience working with a group and taking instructions. At the very least, I still think this is better than what we currently have. And if you feel you're getting too many baddies, then do what people do when they want a fast EV or KP SM: Find a group in general.

Sure a lot of people will end up just using general, but there are a lot of advantages to group finder, not to get off topic.
The problem is that there is little to no effort needed to complete EV or KP.
Denova is a huge step-up even after the nerfs.
Most SM-Ops PUGs on my server actually refuse to use TS or anything and it's simply too hard for a random-group to complete it otherwise in my opinion(seriously even EC HM is a joke if you have TS and are in a competent group).

jeniyagyu
01.26.2013 , 05:00 AM | #19
As nice as that might sound for people who don't want to guild or people with more then 1 50 and don't want to split into two guilds, there are a few problems that I see....

Unlike when guilds randomly do SM KP/EV and need a dps or two (and just pick some up) I'm not sure any guild would use the GF to PUG TFB/EC. That being said ... You could get all 8 people in full Columi with no knowledge of the any of the fights. That would be, even with the nerf to EC, a wipe prone group.

OR it could become like LI HM ... Players in BH or better gear that are just bored will boot players that don't know it or don't have anything better than Columi. (Or those that want speed runs).

Lastly, in the end, you'd probably still get people spamming general for more people to queue up as a group instead of wanting to pug cuz they want to check gear.

...Personally, Having done TFB/EC SM on a dps/tank .... I doubt I would use the GF for them if they were to put them in ... I'd love to say different, but with the amount of times I've had to leave KP/EV SM because people do not listen... I doubt I would want to sit through wipes with the same people that can't understand: DON'T RUN INTO THE NEXT ROOM! (Speaking of KP SM with the Hunter Droid Rooms).

soowonlee
01.26.2013 , 07:36 AM | #20
^ This. I would never use GF for SM EC or TfB (unless going in with a premade group for the GF daily). I doubt people in my guild or any other raiding guild in my server would use it either.
Bartemaeus
The Harbinger - <Textbook Execution>