Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The Tank Shadow Hybrid spec.

cycao
01.25.2013 , 11:02 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
^ this.
Sins/shadows must be adjusted. DPS - like other stealth dps (operatives). Tanks - like other tanks (for example, juggs). It means damage and abilities:

* -30% overall damage output for every spec. In DPS it means maximum 4.5-5 k crits, like operatives do. No more 7-8 k hits (see Shinarika video) or ever 10 k hits (see ultimate records thread). No more any 4 k hits in tank spec - only maximum 2-3 k, like guardians have.
Absolutely not, this would destroy the class. Just because ops are lacking does not mean you should bring down assassins.
* Force wave: 1 min CD (= like guardians force push); operatives dont have any such ability ever!
Again not an operative. Force push is used in conjunction with a gap closer. This ability was nerfed already...I mean really.
* Force speed: +50% speed over 6 sec, 1 min CD (= like operatives have)
No.
* Self healing: 0.5% (= like maras in annihilation have). No more 100-200 k healing per wz. Enough 30-40 k, like maras and juggs have.
Now this is getting in to the realm of crazy. 100-200K???maybe when fsw was around but they pretty much cut self healing in half with 1.2, its fine now.
* Force pull: must be talented, but if takes cannot be allowed Force Wave. No one other class dont have BOTH push and pull. Its way TOO OP. (operatives have not any kind of things)
Again...why operative talk. Anyways it already is a talented tier 5 ability its not like pts who just get it. Also a knockback is not a push there is a pretty big difference I suggest you figure that out.
* Demi-god mode resilence: cost -50% of health (= like mara's godmode) - rememmer, operatives still have not any same god mode still.
*sigh*. There is nothing god mode about shroud. If I pop shroud like a mara would at 10% health I am going to die by the time the duration ends. There are plenty of hard hitting abilities in this game that are weapon base damage.
* Base defence 10%: only in tank spec, must be reduced -5% in DPS spec - operatives and juggs have only 5% base defence

- with these changes, Sins/shadows will be fine and adjusted.
Be honest. What you really want is this class removed. These changes are not in the ballpark of any other balance issues in the game...they aren't even the same sport.

Vin_of_Vinheim
01.25.2013 , 11:09 AM | #62
Thank you Mr Tracer!

NamikazeNaruto
01.25.2013 , 11:11 AM | #63
I'd just like to add that 7-8k hits are not the norm for 23/1/17. In order for this to happen the enemy being attacked would have to be really undergeared. If that was the case, with an expertise buff I may be able to get a 7-8k hit with a double project, or a 6.5k backstab. Only infil is capable of pulling such big hits frequently. I don't know why people think the survivability in 23/1/17 is awesome... Maras have better survivability in group fights while not even having to sacrifice the damage of a pure dps, so why complain about this? Also I really don't think 23/1/17 is that great of a spec for actual TANKING. Seriously, try guarding someone with that spec and dps gear on, if the person you're guarding gets focused by competent dps your hp is going to drop fast.

cycao
01.25.2013 , 11:13 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Guys guys, why go for many changes when can kill many hybrids with this change

• Death Field can now only be used with lightning charge stance.

Asassins must be forced to play 31 pts builds, those are relatively balanced. Its the BS that comes from these hybrids that makes sins op.
This I could live with. See, we can agree on things from time to time.

Atramar
01.25.2013 , 11:15 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Vin_of_Vinheim View Post
Thank you Mr Tracer!
Don't thank me, Thank person who made this guide.
ps. don't follow it to the bone, adjust it to your own taste.

enjoy.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Groncho
01.25.2013 , 11:18 AM | #66
nerf sinns
not shadows
Chë
LATIN LOVER
Free Transfer??=

NoTomorrow
01.25.2013 , 11:18 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
This I could live with. See, we can agree on things from time to time.
Hehe, is this the beginning of a friendship? <3
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

jgoldsack
01.25.2013 , 11:19 AM | #68
I was 23/1/17 previously, but I prefer the 22/17/2 myself. And I roll in full tank gear too.

But I also do not set out to do damage. I set out to take damage. I can still dish out the damage, but I don't care about my damage output, because that usually isn't my job, as a tank in pvp.
On the Internet, you can be anything you want. It is strange so many people choose to be stupid.

veyl
01.25.2013 , 11:24 AM | #69
They just need to reduce the amount of damage that an assassin//shadow can do while in Tank stance and in turn add more threat to each ability to keep the tank viable in PVE. If they do this, the assassin will have to either Spec into a DPS spec where DPS gear should be worn, or stay in Tank gear... like they should be.... in a *mostly* tank build.

The fact that the class is able to be in full DPS gear, while still having all the defensive perks of the tank tree (and mitigation bonus of tank stance) is the major problem and gives it a huge advantage over every other class. Assassins and Shadows can still produce great damage while in tank stance/dps gear where other tanks simply can't. You could argue that this is what makes the class unique but you can't deny that it doesn't give a big advantage in PVP.

And yes: There is a lot of balancing that needs to happen. Smash is out of control, Marauders have too many tools//team buffs where other DPS classes do not and Sorc/sage Bubble Blind hybrid giving little to no resolve and is able to be clicked off... Are all things that NEED to be "balanced". ((You could even argue being Rooted with a full white resolve bar as another thing to add to the list))

Merc , Sorcs and Operatives all have to spec a specific way to actually be viable and desperately need help in the DPS survivability area. (healing is another story... operatives are TOO good, while mercs are non desired...and sorcs are only really viable if they're bubble blind spec)

Assassin/Shadow Tank hybrid does need to be tweaked because right now, it is way too strong. I have one and am fully aware that it needs to be balanced.

Do I think it will happen? Not really. I think the Makeb patch is going to do more harm then good because the Bioware development team has no clue what its doing when it comes to "balancing".

cycao
01.25.2013 , 11:24 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Hehe, is this the beginning of a friendship? <3
One step at a time.