Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Solo Rated Queue


SuperGrunt's Avatar


SuperGrunt
01.24.2013 , 07:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
?? there are already 8 man rated warzones.
Yes I was stating that you should be able to queue with a 4 man or a 8 man group. Meaning they should add the option for 2 groups of 4 instead of just 1 group of 8.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

sirullrich's Avatar


sirullrich
01.24.2013 , 07:22 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
BW planned to implement solo ques at the same time as 8-man ranked. but guess what, this isnt LoL, it is SWTOR and the developers came to the same conclusion everyone but you has come to...It will, Not, work. you may not want to hear it but it is the decision that BW has made and one many of the community agree with. you may call us negative but there is no good proposed solution to this. If you have one, please let us know but what you and everyone else in this an previous threads of this type have come up with is they will not work.

people will que at the same time and get into "solo" ranked wzs and then we will have people like you crying that there are groups in solo ques. would solo ranked work better with cross-server, most likely. but guess what, BW has also stated that cross-server ques are on the backburner.

2 4-man groups for ranked isnt a good solution either since we will still get 2 4-man premades stomping in regular wzs. 5v5 or less might work but that is an arena topic and shouldnt be given thought in this thread.

now, go back to the threads bashing 4man groups in regular wzs.
Sorry buddy never ever complained about premades. Why would I when I am already apart of a rated team. Hmm... Like I said you will have a rating so even if you queue together your ratings are not going to be the same. One more time there 8 man rated team matches are seperate from sole queues. Solo queues will still have 8 people.

So your argument of they will just queue at the same time could be true, but Let me ask you this then why would the 8 people then separate themselves in 4 groups of 2. Then all queue at the same time. Do you honestly think that all 4 groups are going to be on the same team. Your argument is only valid if everybody in your guild has the same rating. Also man why are you getting mad for. Did I hurt your feelings!!!!!!
W.O.X.-HARBINGER
HYOU-MOUBU
LUKEWARM TAUNTAUNS-BASTION
KARYOTEN-OUHON-RENPA

SuperGrunt's Avatar


SuperGrunt
01.24.2013 , 07:23 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
This wont work and here is why

group allowance: people will simulque and will most likely get into the same game.

friend/guild: just remove them from friends list or /gquit on when you want to pvp together.

only thing that i like from your post is the class role restrictions but only if they do not effect que times. As in, if there are no healers queing repub or imp side, that faction will still get que pops with no time delay regardless of of group composition.
The Roles would actually be there to prevent that from happening, also adding a cooldown to joining a guild, and a timer for friends to be removed would also help with this. Never said it would be perfect, just a better solution than currently exists. Being on one side with maybe 4 people that know each other against 2 full 4 man groups from the same guild is BS.
My propsed changes to Loot Rules.
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

ForsakenKing's Avatar


ForsakenKing
01.24.2013 , 08:26 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by sirullrich View Post
Sorry buddy never ever complained about premades. Why would I when I am already apart of a rated team. Hmm... Like I said you will have a rating so even if you queue together your ratings are not going to be the same. One more time there 8 man rated team matches are seperate from sole queues. Solo queues will still have 8 people.

So your argument of they will just queue at the same time could be true, but Let me ask you this then why would the 8 people then separate themselves in 4 groups of 2. Then all queue at the same time. Do you honestly think that all 4 groups are going to be on the same team. Your argument is only valid if everybody in your guild has the same rating. Also man why are you getting mad for. Did I hurt your feelings!!!!!!
No, you dont understand. I know 8 man rateds are seperate thing but still have 8 people. where do i even imply otherwise. and i think i answered your question before. yes, i do believe that 8 (6, 10, 12 however many are in the guild at that time) people will separate themselves into groups of 2 and have similar enough ratings that they would get into the same wz because they only que together and win/lose together. this system is too easy to abuse and that is why it isnt a good idea. and since you think im mad for some reason, ill end the paragraph with this....GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

anyway, we are arguing in circles and will never sway the other so im done.

sirullrich's Avatar


sirullrich
01.24.2013 , 08:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
No, you dont understand. I know 8 man rateds are seperate thing but still have 8 people. where do i even imply otherwise. and i think i answered your question before. yes, i do believe that 8 (6, 10, 12 however many are in the guild at that time) people will separate themselves into groups of 2 and have similar enough ratings that they would get into the same wz because they only que together and win/lose together. this system is too easy to abuse and that is why it isnt a good idea. and since you think im mad for some reason, ill end the paragraph with this....GRRRRRRR!!!!!!

anyway, we are arguing in circles and will never sway the other so im done.
True that, but if it is in group finder form healers and tanks will always be less available then dps. So I believe regardless if they queue together it will be hard to get on the same team. But w/e we don't know until BW tries something.
W.O.X.-HARBINGER
HYOU-MOUBU
LUKEWARM TAUNTAUNS-BASTION
KARYOTEN-OUHON-RENPA

NamikazeNaruto's Avatar


NamikazeNaruto
01.24.2013 , 10:23 PM | #26
They need to do 2 things to make PvP succeed in this game and to get subs back.

1. Cross server queues. This is a given, it would just take a lot of effort from Bioware to figure out how to implement this.

2. Arenas. Disagree all you want, I'm aware of the balance issues it would present, but I feel as though a game like this needs arenas. Large scale PvP can not thrive here because of the lag it causes. So why not focus on adding more choices to small scale PvP. This would again, require effort from Bioware to deal with the balance issues that would come up if this was ever implemented.

Unfortunately, I believe the chances of Bioware implementing either of these things anytime soon are slim to none.

V-Serp's Avatar


V-Serp
01.25.2013 , 12:10 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ForsakenKing View Post
This wont work and here is why

group allowance: people will simulque and will most likely get into the same game.

friend/guild: just remove them from friends list or /gquit on when you want to pvp together.

only thing that i like from your post is the class role restrictions but only if they do not effect que times. As in, if there are no healers queing repub or imp side, that faction will still get que pops with no time delay regardless of of group composition.
If there are actually a lot of warzones happening, and especially if the game goes same faction, the chances of those guilds getting their groups together like that are far lower than the number of times it won't happen or their groups would get broken up. They'd then have to drop, let other people actually get in the game, and re-try later on so as not to get put right back in the same game again.

If they were really determined, they'd just keep trying that for an hour so they could play for 10 minutes and actually roll a full PUG, but what if they wind up against another premade that tried this too, so they can't even roll them? Or a skilled group of PUGs that stream roll them?

The problem would just sort itself out. If the population is too low then it's only a few people playing anyway so it doesn't matter. If the population is high it's such a waste of time to try it that nobody is going to try doing it.

The only reason people say it would be a problem is because they don't want Bioware to implement it in the first place, since right now you don't even have to bother with that and can just roll solo queuers with a guaranteed premade.

Darth-Rammstein's Avatar


Darth-Rammstein
01.25.2013 , 12:52 AM | #28
Rated should remain group queue....why on earth would you want to pug against an 8man premade on teamspeak with a perfect composition? There's already thousands of threads to kick 4man premades out of regular I can only imagine how you would deal with 8man.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five

LastWizard's Avatar


LastWizard
01.25.2013 , 02:10 AM | #29
Pure Solo Q for ranked. No groups at all. That way groups couldn't play a role in it at all. It would super fair that way.

Mr_Elotes's Avatar


Mr_Elotes
01.25.2013 , 03:11 AM | #30
I solo que a ton and I am only on a premade if I ever get invited and I use a DPS operative so you can understand how many times I get invited. I have given this some thought because it is something that I look forward to and hopefully implement this in the game. I think that it needs some concrete rules and rules with exceptions. This is the hard part to implement. Since some rules are bendable and others not. Stay with me. Lets say one of the rules "no guilds on the same team". Should this be a concrete rule or one that is bendable? Meaning if the search mechanic is set as a concrete, what if que doesnt pop due to the fact that there are enough people but some are in the same guild?

Should this be a bendable? Meaning allow more than one person from the same guild on one team or stagger the them between the 2 teams. Should this be allowed only if "X" happens? Some servers arent as populated as others and some play at odd hours where que pops are far and few in between with the current mechanics in place.

The above is an example of a suggestion. This can also include team make up. Search mechanic looks for 3 healers, 3 dps, 2 tanks. Concrete, stays looking for this and nothing more. Bendable, cant find a healer lets say for both teams (since to keep it fair, both teams have the same make up). It decides to add another tank and/or dps of the same AC to both teams to keep it fair. You can see where this can or will cause issues as well.

Some really great suggestion in this thread. I really dont know how it should be, but together I think we can come up with enough suggestion (concrete and bendable) to make this work. Take the top 5 or 10 from this thread and tweak them. Think about what good/bad can come from the suggestion. Tweak some more. Think again, tweak the idea some more. At work we had a "boot camp" to hash out what was needed and what was not and adding in suggestions to our pm's (think of it like this: you know what is needed to do an oil change and it takes15 steps to finish. How can you take these 15 steps and change it to 11 to save time with out giving up safety or quality?) We had around ten for the same pm before it was finalized. Wow I wrote a ton. Will be keeping an eye in this thread.
<ISWHODUNIT>
Snuck'in, R'senole, Snucks, Snuck'out
Unsober PVPer