Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Guarding the Healers

Thundergulch
01.24.2013 , 11:22 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmon View Post
ps. the reason you end up tanking is because u r bad, a good dps will not pull aggro :P control your output, simple as that.
Spoken like someone who has NO CLUE how to play this game.
If your Marauder/Sentinel is unguarded, they will pull aggro in no time, even with their aggro dump.
In order to not pull aggro, they will have to sacrifice a TON of dps to maintain a lower threat level.

demotivator
01.24.2013 , 11:25 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Qvasar View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Danqypoo View Post
Some of these discussions among higher level players astonish me.

I'll tell you something. I started playing this game a couple of weeks ago. I just reached Level 29 yesterday on my Marauder and this is my first post.

I know to burn down the easier mobs before taking on the bosses through my leveling missions. How do higher level players get to 50 without knowing this? Amazing.
If you play long enough you will see the most astonishing things, and when you think you've seen it all... you will see something that will prove you wrong. I could spend the entire day listing dumb things people say and do at level 50.
I believe the issue is that most people now outgear most of the content, with people in Campaign or Dread Guard gear running HM flashpoints tuned for Tionese. So they get used to easy mode runs where you can just jump and throw AOEs into a pack including one gold or more, several silvers and a few trash without too much trouble (thanks to the healer working his *** off though).

Once you have taken bad habits here you find people focusing on the gold in a pack while the other mobs with low HP can still cause havoc - basically acting against everything you're taught while leveling. Then you will find the very same people running HMs on their alts in Tionese still rushing in packs without using any CC and wondering why they got crushed.

I remember when we were starting HMs months ago with barely a few purple mods from dailies and we had to pay attention how to approach these situations using CC, LOS etc. Try to mark and CC anything today, you will be laughed at for wasting everyone's time.
Randomizing your forums.

NoFishing
01.24.2013 , 11:47 AM | #123
EDIT: NM, Kitru said what I wanted to say, better.

Qvasar
01.24.2013 , 12:32 PM | #124
This is completely off-topic, but anyway...

[OFFTOPIC]

Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
I remember when we were starting HMs months ago with barely a few purple mods from dailies and we had to pay attention how to approach these situations using CC, LOS etc. Try to mark and CC anything today, you will be laughed at for wasting everyone's time.
Exactly, but there is nothing wrong with the current state of affairs in my opinion. The game is not new, the majority of players are supposed to be very well geared and know the flashpoints and most operations like the back of their hands.

Until they retune the content, taking into consideration people the average gear level of the players, you are expected to skip past everything you can, chain pull everything else, AoE as much as possible, spacebar every chat, etc...

I ran flashpoints as you describe one year ago. I wouldn't dare taking an alt to a flashpoint with that gear nowadays. I always have at least a complete campaign set waiting for when the alt hits 50, because I don't want to hold anyone back on a flashpoint.

A point you could make is "not all players are veterans". Indeed, but to be honest new players are also on easy-mode. They are usually not running a flashpoint (for e.g.) with 3 other undergeared and clueless people like we were one year ago. They are in fact being carried by overgeared and experienced players. They are being given Tionese sets, they can get Black Hole gear really fast, they have high-end gear widely available on GTN, there are thousands of tutorials and videos guides for every piece of game content, there are answers to almost every question on Google... So yes, when I join something on LFG I expect players to show up at least in Tionese, to know the tactics, to skip trash, etc... Maybe I am expecting too much...

But I'm not the only one: Please learn how to play the game before you que for flashpoints.

[/OFFTOPIC]

All this means mistakes that were tolerated, or even unoticed, one year ago are inexcusable now. One of them is guarding the healer "just because"...