Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Laucher doesn't open

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

IzUn
01.23.2013 , 04:46 PM | #1
Hello,

So as the title suggest, the launcher doesn't open at all. I have seen a few threads about this issue and tried some of the fixes mentioned but none actually worked. I deleted the whole game and tried re-installing the game. Still, the launcher doesn't open. Also, I can't seem to find any log files.
Any help would be more than welcomed. Thank you.

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 04:52 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings IzUn,

Thanks for contacting us.

There's a few steps below that I'd like you to try:
  • Check in the game files for a folder called 'Patch'. If you see this delete it and then run the Fixlauncher.exe.
  • Downloading the latest available version of the launcher from here: www.swtor.com/download
  • Adding the launcher (launcher.exe) and the game client (swtor.exe) to the exceptions list for your Firewall/Anti-Virus.
From your post you mentioned that you've tried some steps before, so please let me know which you have tried.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

IzUn
01.23.2013 , 05:09 PM | #3
Ok, so I tried all the steps you mentioned. Still doesn't work. The steps I have already tried prior to uninstall are as follow:
- download the newest version of the launcher
-deleting the patch folder and running FixLaucher.exe.
-restore a previous windows sessions when the game worked
-checked if I had the latest vesion of Java and .NET

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 05:20 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for trying that for me.

Please can you try starting the launcher in Safe Mode with Networking. You won't be able to play the game, but if the launcher opens it will help in discovering the cause of this issue.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

IzUn
01.23.2013 , 05:28 PM | #5
Ok, unfortunately nothing changes. The launcher does not appeared.

OwenBrooks
01.23.2013 , 05:35 PM | #6
Try creating a new windows user, if the laucher loads, something in your old profile corrupted.

Try emptying your temp files in that user account, you may need to boot to safe mode.

To empty the Windows temporary folder, follow these steps:
1.Click Start, type %temp% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
2.On the Edit menu, click Select All.
3.On the File menu, click Delete.
4.Click Yes.
5.Test the game.

IzUn
01.23.2013 , 06:04 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Try creating a new windows user, if the laucher loads, something in your old profile corrupted.

Try emptying your temp files in that user account, you may need to boot to safe mode.

To empty the Windows temporary folder, follow these steps:
1.Click Start, type %temp% in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
2.On the Edit menu, click Select All.
3.On the File menu, click Delete.
4.Click Yes.
5.Test the game.
Ok, so I created a new user account and the launcher opened. Unfortunately, after deleting the temp files as you suggested, the game didn't launch. If all else fails, can I play the game on the other account.?

OwenBrooks
01.23.2013 , 06:30 PM | #8
Yes you can play on the other account, I will look into what can be looked at to find a cause in the other profile but I will not be able to look at this for about 12 hours i'm afraid.

IzUn
01.23.2013 , 06:32 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Yes you can play on the other account, I will look into what can be looked at to find a cause in the other profile but I will not be able to look at this for about 12 hours i'm afraid.
Ok, thanks for everything. Anyways, I have to re-download the whole so it will take a while