Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AMD 13.1 Drivers

Calistea
01.23.2013 , 12:09 PM | #11
I have the same problem, running an AMD Radeon HD 7470 on a windows 8 machine and I have super high server lag, frequent locks ups and disconnects and this is AFTER I've done every single step on their 'help' page. I had none of this on a win 7 machine with an intel chipset card ( I just had to play at playdoh graphics level and move slooow) but at least I could stay connected. As it is I can't pvp, I crash 4-5 times per op and it makes me so angry I log out and go play WoW.

narcussist
01.23.2013 , 04:36 PM | #12
I dont have the server lag, or game crashes, all I have is the aggravating stutters, FPS sitting at avg of 15 dropping to 7, and it doesnt matter if I am on Very high or Very Low, FPS stays in that range. an example, I am a Sentinel, will be in a mob of 3 or 4, click force sweep, game animation does nothing, my force sweep is on CD, and all of a sudden the mob is bent over stunned, or I will click on of my other abilities, and no swing motion, just cool downs.

does the same even when I am in Win7, but all other games do run fun

Calistea
01.23.2013 , 06:51 PM | #13
I have that too along with solid, hard crashes. WoW, Tera, DIII, EQII and pretty much any thing else runs fine, this is just a SW:ToR issue and it's becoming quickly game breaking for me

Soljier
01.24.2013 , 01:26 PM | #14
Calistea, I followed your thread for a bit as I to, was having your EXACT issue new machine and everything. I did all the trouble fixes i.e. DL direct X 9.0.c played in windows xp sp3 compatability mode and fullscreen windowed mode. I still have the exact issue and it has become a game breaker. I think January will be my last month of subscrition to BW's SWTOR. I'm fed up with it. I actually bought my new machine to be able to play this game at the highest levels and it's even more broken when I was playing on an outdated machine with lower end graphics.

Milly_
01.24.2013 , 02:44 PM | #15
I updated to 13.1 on my 6870 and it was giving me problems with abilities not displaying correctly. They would come up in fuzzy boxes and eventually pop in correctly, but it was too much of an annoyance to play that way. Reverted back to 12.10, everything was fine.

Dimvou
01.24.2013 , 05:37 PM | #16
ATI 6950 2gb here,I-3570k

The games runs smoothly at 1920x1080 - Very High + 2 AA(supersampling),most places its around 45-50 FPS.

There is a inexplicable FPS loss at certain areas -for example,at your ship when you look at the holo-communicator

The only places i have trouble is the fleet,16-men ops(where my fps drops in half) and certain areas in high-density jungle-like planets.

I haven't seen an improvement(or degradation) in performance from 12.11 though.

It's weird that Swtor came out when 11.11 were out,and now at 13.1 there no official mension of any kind of Swtor performance improvemts in any AMD drivers.

SliverM
01.25.2013 , 05:40 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Milly_ View Post
I updated to 13.1 on my 6870 and it was giving me problems with abilities not displaying correctly. They would come up in fuzzy boxes and eventually pop in correctly, but it was too much of an annoyance to play that way. Reverted back to 12.10, everything was fine.
exactly same problem after I've upgrade to 13.1 driver on my HD 5800 on win 7 64, I gonna revert to 12.1

InfernalDark
01.25.2013 , 05:43 AM | #18
works fine with my old 4670