Cartel Market Update: January 23rd, 2013

AmberGreen

Dear Bioware,

thank you for the update. I like this "showcase" feeling of the newly added stuff to the Cartel Market and think those blog articles are a great addition to your communication. :)

The only thing you should change in my opinion: Release this article _before_ the new stuff goes live. For example, there might be someone who would have bought some more of the stuff that was removed with the last update, if they had had a reminder about the removal... ;)

Cheers, Niko

Dear Bioware,

thank you for the update. I like this "showcase" feeling of the newly added stuff to the Cartel Market and think those blog articles are a great addition to your communication. :)

The only thing you should change in my opinion: Release this article _before_ the new stuff goes live. For example, there might be someone who would have bought some more of the stuff that was removed with the last update, if they had had a reminder about the removal... ;)

Cheers, Niko

They did release the information , two weeks before they removed them. In fact I was annoyed that they weren't removed last week as I bought some of them off the GTN thinking they where vanishing the day after , but they stayed another week.

The speeder looks sick! Thought I would add that.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

I am definitely digging the new speeder. Hopefully we can see more of those with some color variety. As mainly a trooper, I am not a huge fan of the Sand people gear. It is nice variety though. However, as a subscriber, I want to see more Trooper gear available. Everything else is looking good though, I am certainly enjoying the adding of the Cartel Market.

X'ander

The Bastion

I was looking foward to getting out of work to check out what was new in the CC, I like the idea of these appearance items...Just one thing I'd like to add, I'd like to see less of those transparent armors, and maybe give us the option to sell this stuff to a vendor...

Dear Bioware,

Can you please throw some "old" cartel market items onto the Collectors Edition Vendor. It's not asking for much and it would speak volumes to the people that have been asking for something since 1.2. (the last time you put something on the vendor).

It's also the end of January... the month where you specifically stated that the CE vendor would be discussed in your live stream.

Thanks for another Update Bioware.

I dearly hope however. You guys fully fix issues in your older items. though. I know the 1.7 fix. but that isn't Fixing Revans set being the wrong color on the chest(became grey in 1.6.1 instead of its black)and robes(auto equip is brown). and the second hood mesh bug. Please Fix Revans Set

I truly hope we see some Red Mandalorian Gear, some more all black Robes with the hood up, and more hood down brown robes in the future.

Edited by Magnusheart

In my humble opinion, asking 1800 CC for a non account-wide speeder is getting rather ridiculous. If this is going to be a monthly thing from now on, it'd be nice to have some warning now before I even begin to think about making collector purchases that I will never be able to keep up with.

I like the work being put into these items, and they do have good quality, but a company should down right feel terrible for asking $18.00 for a single character unlocked mount. I get that the purpose is to make money here, but wouldn't you benefit more from placing player amusement before pure profit?

I don't like this new sole focus on one-off transactions that SWTOR and GW2 are now infatuated with. To me, these are predatory moves to take advantage of the gamer's collector mentality wrapped up in a silver bow made to look like new content. We, as a community, need to find a better balance between supporting a company through micro-transactions and the money grabbing that takes the player out of the fun, and instead forces them into worrying over the next new toy.

Edited by Miflett

Dear Devs

I know it's kinda creepy or I dont know what to say but I'd love to see a Wookie Bowcaster in the CC soon, I know there was an event with that reward but I missed that event :'( and I'd love to use it on my vanguard and commando maybe an Imp char or make some fun weapons not just lightsabers and stuff , I mean like vibroswords, electrostaffs you know.

In my humble opinion, asking 1800 CC for a non account-wide speeder is getting rather ridiculous. If this is going to be a monthly thing from now on, it'd be nice to have some warning now before I even begin to think about making collector purchases that I will never be able to keep up with.

I like the work being put into these items, and they do have good quality, but a company should down right feel terrible for asking $18.00 for a single character unlocked mount. I get that the purpose is to make money here, but wouldn't you benefit more from placing player amusement before pure profit?

I don't like this new sole focus on one-off transactions that SWTOR and GW2 are now infatuated with. To me, these are predatory moves to take advantage of the gamer's collector mentality wrapped up in a silver bow made to look like new content. We, as a community, need to find a better balance between supporting a company through micro-transactions and the money grabbing that takes the player out of the fun, and instead forces them into worrying over the next new toy.

It sells. Why would/should they change it for your satisfaction? As posted in other threads, these prices are pretty much in line with current standards.

Edited by Jules

The game is not taking place in the 1980's so you really need to cut down on the shoulder pads. Pretty much every outfit in the game, including the new brown set you've added to the CS, would look ten times better in a more "plain" version, without all the crap you put on them. Less is more (yeah that's not what she said)

Plain. Black. Robe.

Why is that so very difficult? The closest thing to it was the Phantom set before it was "fixed"- and even that had a certain amount of embellishment.

And on the subject of robes...can you please either make the Destroyer Chestguard hood-up to match its icon or else change the icon to reflect the fact that the thing is actually hood-down? :rolleyes:

Nice speeder, though. There. Something positive :)

Is 1800 CC for a speeder indictive of the cost of implamenting the new model or what you think people will pay to have a speeder with a reduced chace of being knocked off? Personally I found the pod racing element in Episode 1 to be a low point in Star Wars and a far cry from galactic battles and have no interest in a pod racer. So it could be 1 cc or 50000 cc and it would make little difference to me. But it does seem that if you have to charge that much to recoup the development costs somethng is very wrong.

I guess the same can also be said of the new armour sets. Many are reskins or options on what can only be guessed at existing armour in the game (from Character creation). As such are the prices indicitve of the work it takes to put them in or more based on what you think people will pay.

As a subscriber I guess the final question is more poinent, after a year of waiting on new end game armour and not a colouring of Black Hole stuff and equally following on from what Stephen Reid said long ago that it would take player feedback on board. I.e. more star Wars less ugly. The only place to get new armour seems to be the cartel market. Is this right? The vast majority of Patch notes seem to be related to the cartel market. It seems that the game update is all about the cartel market and the game itself is being forgotten for the chance to rehash armour for as many CC as you can get?

I guess the same can also be said of the new armour sets. Many are reskins or options on what can only be guessed at existing armour in the game (from Character creation). As such are the prices indicitve of the work it takes to put them in or more based on what you think people will pay.

The ultimate humor in all of this is the fact that you have to pay extra for something that is advertised at the character creation screen. We, as a community, need to have an open conversation on how costly these items really need to be.

Another part of this is that they advertise that by being a subscriber to the game, you'd never have to pay extra for a particular cartel market item you wanted, and could just wait it out until you had the points. Yes, that sounds great and all, but most items worth getting are hidden behind the sneaky "limited time only" moniker, and I see it as another cheap way to force money out of someone who is already paying into the game.

Edited by Miflett

Well I got the new speeder. I do like it. The problem I have is I had bought a set of armor for an alt at lvl 9, but I did not recieve all the pieces that it clearly states that is in the set on the Cartel store. I did place a ticket, but by the time I get a response from CS I will probably be lvl 50. So until I get the items I paid for I will not buy another thing from the Cartel market.

Some items on the cartel market i love. The weapons with scopes, the pets , the cool account unlocks and speeders and a very small amount of the new adaptive armors.

What do i want to see from the cartel market in the future ? I want to see NEW armor and NEW items.

I dont want to see reskinned stuff i already had in game before the cartel shop came along.

examples of this is the revan mask - reskin of old battlemaster armor head armor

The bounty hunter tank style grey chestpiece - which again used to be the pvp battlemaster set that was removed from the game a while ago but just recoloured and placed on the cartel shop.

I wanted the cartel shop to wow me when it released. I wanted the cartel shop to give me the chance to re-customise/edit my toons face as a buyable option. I wanted to be able to buy a legacy name change.

I wanted to be able to buy exclusive armor sets i havent seen before in game. i wanted speeder customisation

i wanted a multitude of crazy melee weapons skins to buy (like the axes but less wow like) .

So Bioware if you want me to spend money start to make me think "heeeeey that is nice"

because right now the cartel shop to me is just a bit stale and i cant help but think a lot of items on there are

just recoloured and repurposed items we already had in game.

Nothing too say about the update for CS. Im just sorry too see that all your effort is wasted on the CS instead of the actual game. You will eventually loose out on so many subs and players this way when you put CS before the actual game. Its a shame.

I'd like to see some of the items that randomly are given by the Black Market, Blockade Runner, and Skip Tracer Cartel Packs available individually - instead of having to buy a lot of each pack just to hopefully get the items I want. Such as the: Advanced Pink-Purple color crystals, Advanced Cyan-Blue color crystals, Ambassador's Meditation Hoverchair, Diplomat's Meditation Hoverchair, Rendili Nightshade, Longspur STAP Royal, Aratech Scythe, Tundra Nekarr Cat, Desert Nekarr Cat, and Blue-Speckled Gizka --- because the prices other players tend to put them on sale through the GTN are, most of the time, way too high for most players to be able to buy.

Once in a while, there are some players who are nice enough to offer to give items that they don't want either for free or trade.

It would be nice to see a section of the Cartel Market for Crafting Materials, Color Crystals, Pets and Mounts.

I was highly unimpressed by this weeks cartel offerings as far as clothing goes. The new Inquisitor offering is dreadful. More purple, more skirt, more of the same old thing. There were so many more interesting colors and designs you could have gone for that were already out there.

Us Sorcs already have enough skirts and purple, give us more pants and more black robes.

Maybe some blue even?

Edited by Elfa