Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pink Screen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dragondog
01.23.2013 , 02:14 PM | #1
When I start the game, everything works the way it should until I come to the Star Wars the Old Republic loading screen. Instead of seeing my list of characters after that I get a pink screen and nothing more happens. How can I solve this?
SWTOR Referral Link for new and returning players. Add 7 days of SUBSCRIPTION and other good stuff.
CE VIP

Juniperuss
01.23.2013 , 02:40 PM | #2
Yes! I have the same problem! I'm not sure what it is but I get either one of the two following screens when I try to log in. Unfortunately, I have been getting them more frequently lately, and I have no idea what's causing it.

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps824e2891.jpg

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/a...psbe7d4025.jpg

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 02:43 PM | #3 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings,

To help us investigate your issue can you please provide us with a Dxdiag.

Before you post it, please remove your PC Name from the DxDiag.

Please post the DxDiag within code tags or spoiler tags

Go to Start menu:
  1. Type dxdiag into the Search/Run box
  2. Select the "Save All Information" button
  3. This will create a dxdiag.txt file(Please remove your PC Name before posting)
Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

meatmunk
01.23.2013 , 02:48 PM | #4
I am having the same issue after having just patched the game.

Spoiler

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 02:59 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings meatmunk,

The drivers for your Graphics Card appear to somewhat outdated. Please check the manufacturer's website for updated versions.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Dragondog
01.23.2013 , 03:18 PM | #6
Updating the drivers for my graphics card seems to have solved things.
SWTOR Referral Link for new and returning players. Add 7 days of SUBSCRIPTION and other good stuff.
CE VIP

AlixMV
01.23.2013 , 04:06 PM | #7
Not a resolution, just some additional info for Customer Service: this behavior is an intermittant problem for me that seems to be triggered by me ALT-TABing out of the SWTOR game while it's doing the initial load in.

If I keep the game in the forefront, it's fine.
~ Jedi Covenant ~
Sollyni ~ Brixyl / Serateh ~ Ydris

Dragondog
01.25.2013 , 08:28 AM | #8
That happens to me too. I want the loading sequence to take place in the background while I do other stuff. But if that's going to keep lead to a pink screen, that's not good.
CE VIP

Witnezz
01.29.2013 , 06:12 AM | #9
Happens on my 660ti running 310.90
Workaround ... Switch from full screen to windowed.
--== 1020 ==--
--= 367 =--
--=111111=--

OwenBrooks
01.29.2013 , 06:30 AM | #10
Pink Screen is a video driver issue I believe, hence why upgrading video drivers fixed the issue for the OP, although the pink/red screen has several causes including hardware fault.

Google Nvidia Pink Screen
Google Radeon Pink Screen

So saying that some issues is easily fixed, if you look at your dxdiag and EDID is reported correctly, sometimes a simple uninstall - reinstall of video drivers corrects information, good thing to try then is simply delete the client_settings file and reset your ingame graphics, for some issues that cause pink screen it should now be solved.

if it isn't then it isn't