Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

DF Rotation

AngelFluttershy
01.21.2013 , 09:01 PM | #11
Tech crit, your bleeds are tech and their crits are what give you the +2 energy. Check out my AMR wish list to see what I'm aiming for:

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...c-50d21f0127b0

I'm still debating between a mod and enhancement (39.69% Tech Crit Vs. 40.90% Tech Crit and 98% Acc Vs. 100% Acc).

adezero
01.23.2013 , 01:50 PM | #12
vital shot before shrap bomb
If you do shrap bomb first then both dots will end at the same time.

I never understood why most people say you should shrap bomb first.

AngelFluttershy
01.23.2013 , 08:35 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by adezero View Post

With the rotation I use I can't get in two WS before VS is already ticking into its weak form. I can catch it if I apply VS after Shrap Bomb. Plus, since VS lasts for a short duration it starts desynchronizing with Shrap bomb which I find is better for energy, but worse for DPS.

paowee
01.25.2013 , 01:42 PM | #14

For increased QoL rotation-wise . As you know VS - SB will not sync together and requires constant looking at the debuff bar. Unless you have them memorized and can pull it off..gj!

SB - VS simply makes your rotation less of a job imo.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

adezero
02.10.2013 , 02:39 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
For increased QoL rotation-wise . As you know VS - SB will not sync together and requires constant looking at the debuff bar. Unless you have them memorized and can pull it off..gj!

SB - VS simply makes your rotation less of a job imo.
ya, and that is why it's worse. if both your dots are ending at the same time, you cant refresh them effectively. but you're right, that way would be the "easy" way to do it. I prefer VS first. You WANT the dots out of sync.

btw, this is coming from a top dps GS in a 16m 4/4 nightmare EC guild

AngelFluttershy
02.10.2013 , 08:38 PM | #16
ya, and that is why it's worse. if both your dots are ending at the same time, you cant refresh them effectively. but you're right, that way would be the "easy" way to do it. I prefer VS first. You WANT the dots out of sync.

btw, this is coming from a top dps GS in a 16m 4/4 nightmare EC guild
I used to run them out of sync like you (Vital Shot first then Shrap Bomb), but I felt it complicated my rotation too much. Nothing wrong with having the DOTs out of sync, just personal preference. I've seen many different rotations for Dirty Fighting that all achieved similar DPS, it just comes down to what's best for you personally. As long as you minimize Weak DOTs time and keep Hemo Blast and Wounding Shots on CD, then I don't see a big problem.

Also, if you're doing the typical SB > VS style you can still reapply VS before it ticks into its weak form if you're on top of your rotation.