Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Server list is unavailable

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Veiled_Ronin
01.23.2013 , 01:05 PM | #1
Ever since the patch this afternoon, I seem to be unable to log into my server, as no servers are listed. After entering my log in information on the launch window, I get logged in like normal. When it comes time to log into a server, none are listed. After about 3 minutes a notice comes up saying "Unable to retrieve server list". Clicking on the help button does nothing.

STEPS I'VE ALREADY TAKEN:
- Set launcher.exe and swtor.exe to compatibility mode for Windows XP Service Pack 3.
- Removed launcher.exe and swtor.exe from firewall allowed list, closed window, reopened, and added those two back to the allowed list.
- Tried running with firewall turned off.
- Repaired from launcher (no errors were found).
- Restarted computer repeatedly.
- Restarted router and modem repeatedly.

None of the above steps changed anything. Please help.

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 01:07 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Veiled_Ronin,

Thanks for contacting us.

There are a few steps below that I would like you to try, you stated that you have already tried some steps so please let me know which you have tried:
  • Checking the time and date are correct on your computer
  • Checking that the Time Zone on your computer matches that set under your account on www.swtor.com
  • Flushing your DNS cache
  • Please ensure that the Ports that the game requires have been opened on your launcher.
Please try the above and let us know if they have an effect on the issue.

Additionally are you using any programs such as peerblocker? If so please try with this turned off.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Veiled_Ronin
01.23.2013 , 01:10 PM | #3
Date and time are both correct, time zones are matching, ports are open. No peerblocker or anything of the sort.

Trying to flush DNS Cache.

One moment...

Veiled_Ronin
01.23.2013 , 01:12 PM | #4
Flushing my DNS Cache made no change.

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 01:18 PM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Thanks for trying that.

What Anti-Virus are you using?

Thanks.

Veiled_Ronin
01.23.2013 , 01:21 PM | #6
None. My virus protection expired weeks ago.

Veiled_Ronin
01.23.2013 , 01:23 PM | #7
Also, the login service is now unavailable.

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 01:27 PM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Please can you try downloading the latest available version of the launcher from here.

I'd also like you to try running the game with a clean boot. This is running the game with minimal programs running, which could help identify if there is some conflict that is causing this to happen.

Thanks.

Veiled_Ronin
01.23.2013 , 01:28 PM | #9
I've already re-downloaded the launcher 3 times, I will do it a fourth and try to clean boot it.

Veiled_Ronin
01.23.2013 , 01:36 PM | #10
Redownloaded the launcher for a fourth time to no avail. Performed a clean boot with no change.