Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Patch download stuck at 35% -- Main Assets

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Patch download stuck at 35% -- Main Assets
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Klarick
01.23.2013 , 11:50 AM | #1
I have tried multiple times to download the new patch this morning. Can't get past 35% -- Main Assets.
Klarick -- Healing PUGS since 16 March 1999

Bronholz
01.23.2013 , 11:57 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Klarick,

Thanks for contacting us, below are a few steps that I would like you to try.

Please go to www.swtor.com/download, download the latest launcher setup file and run the setup over the current installation. After this please remove and re-add firewall and antivirus exceptions for SWTOR.exe and Launcher.exe.

Then, ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, delete the following files:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file

Then run the Fixlauncher.exe found in the client installation folder.

Once this has completed, please restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, and let it patch.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

GoodGuyChuck
01.23.2013 , 12:14 PM | #3
I have done exactly what has been told in the thread, but you want to know something? It did not work. Now it is stuck on "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)" instead!

Klarick
01.23.2013 , 12:15 PM | #4
I appreciate your quick reply. I need to ensure what you are asking me to do. Are you suggesting that I re-install the entire game? When I click on your link the file runs and asks if I want to re-install the game. I'm hoping this isn't your fix.

DiabloDoom
01.23.2013 , 12:15 PM | #5
thing always happens every patch. u'd of thot these mongs wudda sorted it after all this time.

Klarick
01.23.2013 , 12:18 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by GoodGuyChuck View Post
I have done exactly what has been told in the thread, but you want to know something? It did not work. Now it is stuck on "Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)" instead!
Oh Lord. I just clicked the link, and selected to run the file. A dialogue popped up and asked if I wanted to re-install the game. I picked "no" and canceled it. I now tried the patch download again and am getting exactly what you got. Stuck now at Main Assets 100 -- 0%.

It got worse. At least before I was stuck at 35%

bedebe
01.23.2013 , 12:24 PM | #7
same with me im stuck in the repair file stage whats going on

GoodGuyChuck
01.23.2013 , 12:26 PM | #8
Bioware, please dont patch if problems like this ALWAYS occurs afterwards.

LadyVix
01.23.2013 , 12:29 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by GoodGuyChuck View Post
I also followed the above after having my "main assets" download freeze at 29%. After updating the launcher, it started downloading, and is now stuck at: Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)

PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME RATHER THAN JUST ADD CRAP TO THE CARTEL MARKET.

GoodGuyChuck
01.23.2013 , 12:32 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyVix View Post
I also followed the above after having my "main assets" download freeze at 29%. After updating the launcher, it started downloading, and is now stuck at: Installing Main Assets 100 (0%)

PLEASE FIX YOUR GAME RATHER THAN JUST ADD CRAP TO THE CARTEL MARKET.
Indeed, people always gets this problem after patches. How come you never fix it? You must know the solution since you fix it somehow, but we have to wait for hours, or days.