Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Please learn how to play the game before you que for flashpoints.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Please learn how to play the game before you que for flashpoints.

haliy's Avatar


haliy
01.22.2013 , 12:47 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ArsenalGoon View Post
3. I can't type and fight at the same time in flashpoints. I don't know how you guys do it.
After a couple years (myself being at 15+), you get used to it

Quote: Originally Posted by ArsenalGoon View Post
4. Shouldn't they, Bioware, let you trade items dropped in Flashpoints? It would do a lot to cool hard feelings for people who don't know the difference and pick up something they don't need but another group member needs. I would have gladly traded but the stuff is bounded.
You can as long as the individual you are trading with participated in the same group as you.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative

ArsenalGoon's Avatar


ArsenalGoon
01.22.2013 , 01:29 PM | #22
learning something new everyday...

Jeweledleah's Avatar


Jeweledleah
01.22.2013 , 02:09 PM | #23
actually SWTOR is better then most MMO's in helping you figure out what sort of stats you need. when I just started playing, I was pretty confused (especially about stims you are given/can find). by the time I was about lvl 7, I was mostly unconfused, because quest rewards you get are specifically itemized for your class. you don't get 3-4 pieces of gear to chose from, all different stats - you get gear that only works for you (or your companions, but in that case, it actually has their names on it). and even then I ended up running into trouble questing on quesh, because I wasn't upgrading my gear properly (i would end up spending all my comms on a new orange shell or two, and not have any left over to upgrade the rest of my gear, and since I'd pick coms instead of gear as a reward, didn't even have those greens to fall back on)

people learn at different speeds. not everyone is good at video games. you can get mad at them. you can just leave the group and let them continue floundering. or you could try to help them. nicely. I've done all 3. getting mad was the most unproductive choice.

Beslley's Avatar


Beslley
01.22.2013 , 02:16 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Currok View Post
In the process of leveling 5th 50 pub on the pot5 server. I have noticed some hilarious and frustrating things while queuing for flashpoints. Tank jedi knights with endurance/willpower sabers and aim/ endurance implants that wipe on the first boss. Sage healers with strength/endurance sabers. Jedi knight tanks with wrong stat weapons again that will que as damage role and stay in soresu the whole time taking aggro away from you. People needing for things they don't need for their class then equip them right after. Numerous people not letting the tank attack first and just aggroing everything to themself. People that won't listen to you on final bosses that will stand in the fire on cademinu after you told them not to. PLEASE people this game is not hard read up on it search the forums you make it frustrating for people that want a quick run through these for gear. I literally LOL when I see tanks in flashpoints with the wrong gear on and when I try and call these people out on it they magically never respond. :facepalm:
I'm also on POT5 and I haven't really had any problems in the lowbie FPs (currently leveling a dps jugg and a healing commando). Maybe I've just been lucky.

Do I have problems with pug heroic FPs? Hell yes, it feels like either the tank or healer is completely incompetent in every single one I queue for. I'm sure I get a lot of incompetent dps too, but as a campaign/dread guard geared lightning sorc, I can usually carry dps (unless it's a gimmick fight).

I still don't understand how anyone can truly be awful at this game. The fights are not that hard to figure out and most classes are really easy to play (with a few exceptions, of course. Maras come to mind. That class has a ridiculously high skill cap). I'm pretty sure my mother, who has never played a video game in her life, could learn to play SWTOR if she really wanted to. I have no sympathy for baddies who feel like they don't need to lern2play because they are a SPECIAL AND UNIQUE SNOWFLAKE WHO IS PERFECT THE WAY THEY ARE. They shouldn't be queuing for heroics if they are unwilling to play (at the very least) somewhat optimally.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Vengar's Avatar


Vengar
01.22.2013 , 04:49 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Currok View Post
I see a few whiners in here so let me explain...yea I understand newbies might not understand flashpoint the first time you know it happens....but wrong stat gear? Seriously? My 11 year old little brother could figure out the right gear to have on here is no excuse for that. It's honestly not that big of a deal I just find it hilarious when I see people do the **** I listed.
11 year old brother....so im guessing your....15-16ish at BEST given your point of view. First off junior you need to up your tolerance lvl and lay off the monster while listening to beiber and wishing miley cyrus knew you were are a blip on the radar of life or what ever you kids do these days. Its easy as **** to reach 50 no matter your gear so you could be all "WHAT EVER BRO" to some 9-10 year old who actually think they are playing a game and not some site for socially disfunctional kids who think they are keyboard gods.
Ive come across a lot of people who didnt know thier *** from a hole in the ground but i spent 25-30 min answering questions and HELPING them understand and dont give me "well they are 50" BS....you have no idea the situation that has them where they are,all your concerned with is if they meet your standards of game play, your just assuming they should know...well guess what squirt here is a real life lesson...and no its not about a 360 degree, no scope shot for a head kill. normally when you assume you make an "***" out of yourself.
Peace is a Lie,there is only Passion.Through Passion,I gain Strength.Through Strength,I gain Power.Through Power,I gain Victory.Through Victory,my Chains are Broken

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
01.22.2013 , 10:28 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ArsenalGoon View Post
Being a newbie (45 years old, having played SWG only for 3 weeks total), I can speak from experience this past week.
Things I didn't know before flashpoints.

1. I didn't know the difference between greed and need. Got yelled at and passed on everything from then on. Kind of figured it out now, though.

2. Being a sentinel, I kind of recognized I needed stuff with strength, I don't think it is hard to recognize what you need for your class.

3. I can't type and fight at the same time in flashpoints. I don't know how you guys do it.

4. Shouldn't they, Bioware, let you trade items dropped in Flashpoints? It would do a lot to cool hard feelings for people who don't know the difference and pick up something they don't need but another group member needs. I would have gladly traded but the stuff is bounded.
They just added #4 with 1.6, so way overdue, but on the right track
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
01.23.2013 , 01:44 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by mikebevo View Post
I have been demeaned once in a hmfp on my healer, before the flashpoint even started because I was not wearing my rakata shell top. The guy bemoaned me for a good 5 mins about needing the set bonus. I let him moan, ignored him until he threaten to kick me. I then said only two words Campaign Armoring. So before you give someone advise, think about how you are doing it and also make sure you know what you are talking about.
Heh this is quite funny! I have my marauder which I play as main dressed into cartel item chestpiece because it looks way more cool than the cybernetic end game pieces marauders get and I can still feel strange looks on me because of the chestpiece even though I have over 20k health with my fully augmented rakata/BH gear with campaign armorings I sometimes have to ask people to inspect my gear when they begin to complain about my "gear"

The most funny thing I have seen around was on Tatooine when I saw a ~25 level trooper running around! Yeah a level 25 TROOPER with no advanced class
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

Raekor's Avatar


Raekor
01.23.2013 , 02:19 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Zamppa View Post
Heh this is quite funny! I have my marauder which I play as main dressed into cartel item chestpiece because it looks way more cool than the cybernetic end game pieces marauders get and I can still feel strange looks on me because of the chestpiece even though I have over 20k health with my fully augmented rakata/BH gear with campaign armorings I sometimes have to ask people to inspect my gear when they begin to complain about my "gear"

The most funny thing I have seen around was on Tatooine when I saw a ~25 level trooper running around! Yeah a level 25 TROOPER with no advanced class
In regards to being a Trooper with no advanced class, a lot of people do that for fun. I think Trooper/BH are one of the easiest classes to do that with.

In regards to the other points, I have never had somebody complain about my gear. I like to give my characters distinctive looks (damn it, why is there no good light armour for my sorc?). My latest character (Marauder) is using the quest reward from the Revanite chain on DK. The only thing I got asked when I got picked up for a SM EC Kephess kill was, "Do you know the fight".

I just wish tanks would guard me when I am on this new 50 or on my PT. I'm forever saying "you may want to guard me" and then pulling aggro as they haven't. I even wait 5 secs before attacking, but that gets annoying on high hp trash.

Zamppa's Avatar


Zamppa
01.23.2013 , 02:47 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Raekor View Post
I just wish tanks would guard me when I am on this new 50 or on my PT. I'm forever saying "you may want to guard me" and then pulling aggro as they haven't. I even wait 5 secs before attacking, but that gets annoying on high hp trash.
Oh yes this indeed! My gear starts to be so high end for the regular HM FPs and easier HM Ops I tend to pull aggro from tanks that are a little bit under my gear level so much I constantly have to burn my defensive CDs I constantly keep telling the tanks they should put their guard on me because that would help their and healer's jobs so much but quite few actually believe me...But after few groups of normal thrash they usually admit that I was right and give me the guard
"What can you say - I'm a talented individual"
- Revan to Bastila on Taris

slafko's Avatar


slafko
01.23.2013 , 03:48 AM | #30
I ask politely if I may have Guard placed on me. Then I proceed to steal aggro regardless of Guard or no Guard.