Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to buy more Cartel Coins

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Unable to buy more Cartel Coins
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Dark-lighter
01.22.2013 , 10:50 AM | #71
My reoccurring subscription has gone through but i can not buy any cartel coins or the expanstion off the same card
The fury that pilots the fury
The Hand Of Reven

ClexMix
01.22.2013 , 11:51 AM | #72
This is utterly ridiculous. There have been sooo many posts about cartel coin issues. People saying they can't buy them they can't receive them and you have customer service agents insulting the intelligence of your customers...not just a handful but thousands apparently. I don't even think blizzard has the balls to do so when it comes to micro transactions. Furthermore your agents get defensive and try to save face by saying its not the same issues others are having when everyone is listing the same issue. Tell me honestly do you really believe 90% of the people complaining just up and went retarded and didn't try fixing the problem on their end first? I called my credit card issuer even and it is fine

.I seriously can't believe the audacity of your responses. That you actually let an agent go as far as he did pointing the finger at a enormous amount of paying customers. It's completely unacceptable as a game developer and publisher. You should be ashamed of yourselves. Being an avid supporter of BioWare I find this appalling on a scale I never thought could be reached from you guys. To a community that has supported you over decades and to one supporting a game that has had many issues since its release and you spit in our faces. Do you not understand the repercussions of your actions? I can guarantee post that will be made on sites like reddit and such will deter future potential customers and has more than likely turned away many already paying customers. If your goal is to berate your community till you don't have one keep it up... otherwise I'd suggest cleaning house of the mouth-breathing ignorant tools who can't even say something as simple as "we're sorry for the inconvenience and we will be looking into this matter."Get a team on fixing the problem. Get someone with more sense than an ignorant uneducated child to mend this situation on the forums and get your act together. It's your job. Don't shirk your duties. It may be your first mmo BioWare and EA, but the industry has been around long enough that you should know the cardinal rule of not pissing off your community on this scale especially when it comes to money.

jflund
01.22.2013 , 01:09 PM | #73
I have the third post on the first page, after I posted this, Customer Support contaced me by phone, twice since they didn't catch me the first time. I spoke to a friendly person named Catherine. She told me that I had to send in a photocopy of my ID card so that they could be sure I was who I claimed to be. I told her that I am not allowed to do so cause my personal Social Security number is on this. No problem she said, just sensor the information that I am not allowed to share. When she recieved my ID she would send it the right way and take care of my problem. She then sent me an email that I would need to reply to With my ID attahced as a picture.

I scanned my VISA, sencored the crucial parts, then sent the picture attached in a mail with the apropriate case number. 3 days later (I sent it in during the weekend) I was able to add my card again as well as buying Cartel Coins.

Hopefully I am able to Subscribe again when my Sub ends.

So thank you Bioware and Catherine, for what I consider outstanding customer support in regards to my problem. Now I will enjoy the wonderfull world of Star Wars and continue my own story.

SkyNightXp
01.22.2013 , 01:24 PM | #74
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX THIS DAMN PROBLEM OF THIS STUPID "ERROR NU2001" ITS SO STUPID YOU BLAME US!!! ACCEPT IT, ITS YOUR PROBLEM AND NOW FIX IT!!!!! ASAP!! ITS SO ANNOYING TRYING TO BUY SOME CARTEL COINS AND GET THAT STUPID NU2001 ERROR!!! DO SOMETHING NOW AND FIX IT!! THAT'S WHAT EVERYBODY WANTS!!!

SauvignonX
01.22.2013 , 01:45 PM | #75
So I purchased 25k worth of Cartel Coins...yes that much (my money, I'll spend it how I like so please no negative comments about it) all five transaction went through successfully, then the next day I attempted to purchase another 5500 for an alt for Legacy perks etc...and I get a NU 2001 error. I have even attempted to complete the purchase through Paypal and just get a error that transaction can not be completed. So here I am for the next few days, everyday since the error to purchase cartel coins and still I get the error NU2001. I have contacted both my credit card company and paypal and there is no issues concerning in regards to my purchases, no restrictions, so everything fine at my end. I spend the next few days only to find this post by bioware today...(some post have been removed only pertinent to topic)...

Why is it that some of my Cartel Coin purchases fail with an error message?

If you have successfully purchased coins before, and are now unable to buy more, this could be because there is a limit to the number of Cartel Coin purchases any player may make per day, if you have passed this limit, you will not be able to make more Cartel Coin purchases for 24 hours.

THERES A LIMIT TO HOW MUCH I CAN PURCHASE CARTEL COINS, I MUST HAVE REALLY EXCEEDED MY DAILY LIMIT...er WAIT NOW MY MONTHLY LIMIT???

IT'S BEEN 96 HRS SINCE MY LAST PURCHASE OF CARTEL COINS, HOWEVER TODAY PRIOR TO THIS POST I WAS ABLE TO SUBSCRIBE FOR 180 DAYS RECURRING WITH THE SAME CREDIT CARD.

There may be additional restrictions in terms of transaction numbers or spending limits which are imposed by your payment provider and are beyond our control. We would always suggest that you check with your payment provider in cases where there is no clear reason for a transaction to have failed.

HOW CAN THERE BE A RESTRICTION ON MY CREDIT CARD IF I JUST PURCHASE A RECURRING 180 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION????

So bioware are you tongue twisted and not able to respond to the thousand of customers as to how you impose hidden restrictions to your subscribers without actually telling them that they are limited to what they can do with their money and on what they can do ingame with cartel coins...starting to wonder if subbing is the way to go really since I'm limited as well, not a great as those playing free to play but still limited.

I'll be retracting my 180 days subscription within 24hrs if this cartel issue is not lifted, another customer dissappointed, and unpleased with this issue.

kiesoto
01.22.2013 , 02:02 PM | #76
  • i still get the same retared erre messge fix it be4 yall lose all ur coustamers cuz when my sub is up and i cant renew cuz i removed my card and tryed a nother imy whole famly will quit as well yall got 4 mounths how yall fix it now not later the probly is on yalls end not are

ClexMix
01.22.2013 , 06:38 PM | #77
I honestly don't see how you expect this amount of people to just call your support line to "fix" the problem. Because more than likely this will happen again. If there was some guarantee that it wouldn't then maybe. Either way it's just plain stupid. You're losing revenue and customers. Someone down there needs some sense smacked in them...

-_-

Tyranthax
01.22.2013 , 07:22 PM | #78
Hello BioWare Customer Service,

A few days ago, I came upon an error
Quote:
Youve experienced error code NU2001. This means there was either a problem processing your billing information or the transaction. If you continue to see this error please contact EA Help via the game-specific HELP link for assistance.
Now this took place after a few purchases so I had assumed I was at my cap for the day, so I figured eh ok I will come back later. A couple days later I tried to buy the cartel points that I had been unable to obtain previously. Once again the same error came up. So I thought, maybe I just do not have enough money in my checking account because its not the first time I lost track of how much I had left in it. So I tried my girlfriends card who had plenty in her checking and voila it worked for 2 purchases, then I came to the roadblock of NU2001. At this point I realized something was wrong and unfortunately not on my end. That being said I followed your steps. Put in a ticket, and after 2 full hours of waiting I decided it was not worth waiting for customer service to come on the phone and tell me oh hey I cannot do this let me create a ticket for you to talk to somebody else.

That being said this is not our fault. The only restrictions on my card is the amount of money I put into my checking. Aside from that I have never had an issue like this before with any other company. YOU NEED to RESOLVE this on YOUR side considering with how many are having issues this is NOT OUR FAULT. I have invested too much money into this game for it to crap out like this. Even, defended buying the CE after soo many people quit playing because of how dead servers were. I had a shining hope when you added this F2P model. But the fact that I am unable to purchase more items for this game, when I have more then enough in my accounts erks me. I double checked my address and everything. It all works fine everywhere else. Yet the problem persists here. This issue NEEDS to be FIXED.

I understand you do have a hard crowd to please but how do you expect people to play when there are still plenty of things that need to be fixed. I have never been so disappointed before.

Have a nice day. Please resolve this.

"May the Flare be with You!"
Master Conspirator

Samakar
01.23.2013 , 12:24 AM | #79
Bumping this for the horrible customer service I just had today trying to get MY Cartel Coins handled. On the phone for an hour on hold, get someone on to mention that I purchased Cartel Coins 3 days ago and have still not received them, regardless of the fact that my money has already left my bank account. Am put on hold for another hour to be moved up to another set of people. After an hour, the machine tells me there's an error with the phones and hangs up on me. I call back, wait on hold another hour, finally get someone and am told "oh, sorry, the people that you need to talk to have left for the day, you'll have to call back at 7 A.M. GMT".

ARE YOU SERIOUS!?

3 HOURS OF WASTED MINUTES TO BE TOLD THAT I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SOME WEIRD GOD AWFUL HOUR TO CALL BACK!?

Then, she hangs up on me.

FIX YOUR SYSTEM, I PAID FOR MY 2400 COINS AND I THINK I'VE WAITED LONG ENOUGH!

Sutii
01.23.2013 , 01:20 AM | #80 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

Quote: Originally Posted by DarStrok View Post
Ok I see this thread many time, problem with your system service... don't give answer how players need... questions and answer recording in a page don't give answer and fix anything... I had been waiting more than 48 hrs to get my complementary coins and nothing... I can`t call your system support cos itis more expensive for me than do a new subscriptions... come on guys not all people are from USA or french or germany... give a good service to other people too... I wrote two tickets and this is my third thread about same thing... and you just read but you don`t give a confortable answer...I read twice your FAQ and you repeat the same but nothing happend... please in my case COULD SOMEBODY CHARGE MY COMPLEMENTARY COINS.... besides, this is one of the big problems with your service... a bad service i have to say... 'cos you didn't have problem to get my money from my credit card.

I wait for an answer real and confortable anwers...
Regarding the lack of local phone support, please note this help center article which explains how you may be able to call locally via any of the VOIP services.

Now for your missing coins, this is a seperate issue being investigated. Please wait for your ticket to be handled, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hachirowan View Post
Sir and or Ma'am,

I have called before about my issue of not being able to buy more cartel coins and was not helped at all.

First attempt I spent 20 mins describing my issue to the intial call agent. They wanted me to Remove my Card information and re-add it, but I remember seeing a BioWare rep posted that this was advised against, so I declined to do so. They then wanted me to wait 24 hours and try again, but it had been weeks of trying to buy coins, so what would 24 more hours do? They then said they would transfer the call to the billing department and I waited for an hour on hold. A Real person did answer, but told me I had to call back in a couple hours because you were updating the phone system...

Second attempt I called back the following week and after I had the call agent look up my ticket, they reviewed it and said that they could not help me. They then told me that I needed to call back at 7AM GMT the next day because the level 2 support was not there. I haven't called back because that would be around 2 AM for me and during the week I get up for work around 5am. And who wants to deal with customer support on the weekends at 2am? Pretty sad, bioware, that you can't provide help either through the forums, in-game or over the phone.
I have asked the team and I have been informed that they have been in contact with you. Please let us know if the issue has been fully resolved.

Quote: Originally Posted by PziCrow View Post
It's true that there has not been any word of this being our fault. But the way things are being handled, with BW representatives telling us to call CS, is indirectly putting it on us. I know that's not what your intentions are, but that's just how us silly players look at it

It must really be an awful job you have Naugor. I bet you start your day like this
Then you log on, read all these complaints and start looking like this
Then after about half an hour of still reading through this pile of complaint you look like this
Now, you start replying each case you feel needs a response and look like this , but you try to look like
At the end of the day, I think you look like this and I hope you do.
Because when all the players look like this , it's damn hard not to turn to the dark side and tell us all to go *censored* ourselves.

At least you're trying to help us and for that, you deserve a hug. I wish you could help us more, by giving more info on this error that's going nuts with billing atm, but for now I'll go look like this
I'll pass the message along to Naugor, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Galacticlore View Post
I'm trying very hard to figure out why, after all these posts and complaints, we STILL keep getting told to call customer support and they'll fix it for us. How many of us now have stated that WE HAVE DONE THIS!!!! And customer support over the phone has NOT fixed our problems giving you our money. I already made long distance calls, only to sit on hold for roughly 3+ hours cumulative, deal with 3 tiers of support, finally to be told they couldn't figure out the problem and had to move it even further up the ladder, via ticket no less, and I have not heard anything back since then. If you think I'm going to sit on hold for another 2+ hours just to follow up with people who have already told me they can't fix the problem, well, to be polite, you are very wrong.

So we get told we must phone in. Phoning doesn't fix it. We get told it can't be done by support ticket, and yet a ticket is EXACTLY what phone-in support ended up doing. And apparently all of these efforts have been for naught, because I've not received so much as an acknowledgement that the ticket was received or is being looked into, let alone a fix. 3+ hours of long distance pretty much entirely wasted.

So what do I do now to get this inability to purchase resolved?
I can confirm that the ticket you were informed was being created and escalated further is correctly logged in our system. I can appreciate the confusion the wording may cause, however do note that the phone call is required in cases related to account management and billing. Individual cases are however commonly referred to as a 'ticket' in the Customer Service industry and it was to this which the Representative was referring.

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
What amazes me is the attention this thread is receiving because it is a direct hit to their current profit plan. There have been dozens of posts asking why we cannot do space missions that we paid to attain upgrades for. Zero help, zero responses 1 month and counting.
I can assure you that is completely unintentional, I'll locate and post in those threads as soon as I am able to.

For those of you who I have not replied to directly:

If you are completely unable to purchase Cartel Coins - I must unfortunately request that you do contact Customer Service by telephone for further assistance with this. As has been stated numerous times in the thread we cannot assist directly with matters of this nature via the Forum or tickets, I do wish we were able to but calling is the only viable method in these cases.

If you have purchased Cartel Coins and not yet received them - Please do allow up to 24 hours for the Cartel Coins to be delivered. In some cases a delay in the delivery of the Cartel Coins has occurred and for this we do apologise. Should the Cartel Coins still not have arrived after 24 hours from the time of purchase, please do contact Customer Service by telephone as they will be able to investigate the matter further and assist as appropriate.

Finally, as stated above at the start of this post, you may also want to see this help center article for instructions on how to call locally via any of the VOIP services should a local number not be available to you.

Again, we do appreciate how frustrating this may be but please bear in mind that with matters related to account management and billing we must ensure that that the integrity of the account is maintained at all times.

Thank you once again for your understanding.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support