Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Spoiler]Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy(TCW)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
[Spoiler]Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy(TCW)

Slowpokeking
01.21.2013 , 08:28 PM | #1
The overall plot is on wiki now.

I really dislike how they characterize Satine. Beside her firm belief of peace, as a politician she could do nothing in the crisis beside call for Jedi's help and that's exactly what Maul wanted her to do.

Vizla is quite dumb as well, he didn't kill Maul brothers when he had the chance and imprisoned them together. Then he accepted the duel.

Palpatine really got little reason to go by himself, he could expose his identity by doing this and Maul was very willing to serve him. He could use his former apprentice for his goal and let Dooku/Anakin kill him when the time is right.

Jonoku
01.22.2013 , 02:38 PM | #2
Well I think......

Spoiler
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Slowpokeking
01.22.2013 , 05:18 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Well I think......

Spoiler
He's dead before he went back to his original form.

Jonoku
01.23.2013 , 10:03 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
He's dead before he went back to his original form.
So he's dead then, that sucks.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Draiganx
01.23.2013 , 10:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonoku View Post
Well I think......

Spoiler
From what you posted in the Spoiler- it is this kinda stuff that makes me hate that show now. They ruined the mandalorians, and this is like pouring acid in the wound. They are trying to do way to much with very little, I am not sure that this shows version of Mandalore, Mandalorians, or even the Death Watch is accurate, let alone make canon logical sense. Star wars is great until you start taking great amazing perfect blue skies and try to turn them green... or yellow or something.........

Maul should have stayed dead too, star wars revives its villains way too often, and always picks the wrong ones. Bring back Darth Vader and so help me!!! (threat to episode 7). The only time this was ok was with Palatine. Revan maybe even ok"ish". Maul, Kryat? HK-47.... and how many times was Ventris (the bald white lady) dead in the good old comic books anyways?

Anywhos I feel this whole story line with Maul and his brother was a mistake. The webs around Dooku and Palatine are already convoluted enough.

"THE FORCE SHALL SET US FREE!"
Proud CE Owner!

Jonoku
01.24.2013 , 02:41 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Draiganx View Post
From what you posted in the Spoiler- it is this kinda stuff that makes me hate that show now. They ruined the mandalorians, and this is like pouring acid in the wound. They are trying to do way to much with very little, I am not sure that this shows version of Mandalore, Mandalorians, or even the Death Watch is accurate, let alone make canon logical sense. Star wars is great until you start taking great amazing perfect blue skies and try to turn them green... or yellow or something.........

Maul should have stayed dead too, star wars revives its villains way too often, and always picks the wrong ones. Bring back Darth Vader and so help me!!! (threat to episode 7). The only time this was ok was with Palatine. Revan maybe even ok"ish". Maul, Kryat? HK-47.... and how many times was Ventris (the bald white lady) dead in the good old comic books anyways?

Anywhos I feel this whole story line with Maul and his brother was a mistake. The webs around Dooku and Palatine are already convoluted enough.
Exactly, they did, the mandalorians are all gone now, what they wrote for the episodes was fake mandalore, every single one of them, ALL FAKE.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

lasstn
01.25.2013 , 06:26 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Draiganx View Post
Maul should have stayed dead too, star wars revives its villains way too often
Not just Star Wars, every fantasy/superhero/sci-fi/whatever franchise out there does it, its like oh this guy dies, whatever big deal, he will be back in six months.

Slowpokeking
01.25.2013 , 11:53 AM | #8
I like Satine a lot.

Jonoku
01.26.2013 , 09:04 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by lasstn View Post
Not just Star Wars, every fantasy/superhero/sci-fi/whatever franchise out there does it, its like oh this guy dies, whatever big deal, he will be back in six months.
sounds like a lack of creativity.

Anyways, seeing the previews since the beginning or before the season, I know what to expect next, a 3-4way war.
Level 55 Juggernaut Tank
Prophecy Of The Five

Harlequintwo
01.26.2013 , 12:46 PM | #10
To my knowledge, it's only Darth Maul, Boba and Palpatine who've died and been brought back, but that's only because of their popularity. There's been a Sith that survived as just a head, the Sarlaac escape can easily be explained and the transition to other bodies is quite possible for a greatest Sith Lord that ever existed.

Regardless, I'm actually pleased. The Mandalorians are finally closer to their past than they've ever been and Darth Maul makes a pretty bad***** Mandalore (even if he spits on their principles completely). I wonder what Sidious is going to do with Maul though... Shame about Savage, but I could see his demise coming from a mile off this season. And I really don't care about Satine.