Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Heals - my fault or not

uniz
01.21.2013 , 09:53 AM | #11
nerfed bosses or not the trash in many of these HM can still be challenging to new 50s when not cced. even with free beginner 50 gear the trash still needs to be cced in some encounters with such geared key role players.

Furiel
01.21.2013 , 10:09 AM | #12
Couple different possibilities there that most of the previous posters covered. I know when I tank most HM FPs I usually ignore the normals in a given pack of trash and I only worry about holding the silvers and up because the normals should die so fast any damage they do to the healer should be negligible. Assuming the DPS is not derpy and understand the basic rule of killing weakest to strongest. Sadly this is not usually the case and I usually save my group taunt for those cases when the DPS decides to ingore the weak ones to peel them off the healer and kill them myself. It's possible the tank had the same expectation and your DPS didn't deliver.

Or the tank was derpy, or worse, everyone but you was derpy.

Ultimately though it was anything but your fault. You pulled aggro due to your heals, that can happen sometimes due to how spread out the trash is in some areas of them, but it's not anything that can't be managed if players are willing to use their brain for even a second and talk a little. Which seemingly of late fewer and fewer are willing to do.
Furiel Plush
Cardinal and Raid Coordinator of The Church of Alvis

Monoth
01.21.2013 , 11:36 AM | #13
The Tank is not guarding you is the issue, not only does guard reduce the damage you take it also greatly reduces the aggro you pull, and healing aggro is pretty big, especially if your taking on 5-6 mobs.

Always make sure the Tank has Guard on you....

The other issues are usually tank related like the Tank not using his taunts.... We ran SM EC the other night and the pug tank didn't even know he had taunts so he wasn't using them... Thats the problem with a MMO that lets you solo pretty much all the way to 50.

The only time a Tank shouldn't guard you is during a Boss fight, then he guards the hardest hitting DPS so he won't pull the boss from him, but for all trash pulls make sure the healer is guarded.
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

mikebevo
01.21.2013 , 11:59 AM | #14
As a fresh 50 healer I would stick right behind the tank. The reason I started doing this was so when dps used AOE, the mobs attacking me got splash damage and started attacking them dps forcing to kill the mobs that were attacking me. Sorry dps, I don't blame the tank, I have never seen a healer die in trash pulls when I have been on dps or when I have been on my healer in guild runs. Follow kill order and healer lives, healer lives tank lives. Both healer and tank live we win. Group winning is more important to me than HUGE DPS numbers for a individual.

Oh and it is always the healers fault for a wipe, unless I am on dps, then the wipe is dps fault. I always think a wipe is my fault no matter my role or the skill of the group. There is always something I could have done differently and better.

Jadescythe
01.21.2013 , 12:13 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
The Tank is not guarding you is the issue, not only does guard reduce the damage you take it also greatly reduces the aggro you pull, and healing aggro is pretty big, especially if your taking on 5-6 mobs.

Always make sure the Tank has Guard on you....

The other issues are usually tank related like the Tank not using his taunts.... We ran SM EC the other night and the pug tank didn't even know he had taunts so he wasn't using them... Thats the problem with a MMO that lets you solo pretty much all the way to 50.

The only time a Tank shouldn't guard you is during a Boss fight, then he guards the hardest hitting DPS so he won't pull the boss from him, but for all trash pulls make sure the healer is guarded.
This is not correct. It would take a totally derpy tank to allow a healer to pull aggro on something he has aggro on. The only mobs that will be attacking the healer are ones that were not picked up by anyone at all, so reduced threat will not help if you have the only threat. Guard is much better used on the top DPS who may actually pull aggro from a mob that the tank is trying to hold onto. There are very few fights where guarding the healer is the right move and none of them are a part of a FP.
I have opinions and stuff

Mavery
01.21.2013 , 12:44 PM | #16
To repeat for emphasis: never ever guard a healer. Guarding a healer is a sign of a bad tank who doesn't understand how threat works.

@OP: You had a bad tank, plain and simple. If this happens again, I suggest telling the tank to do a better job at AOE threat.

legolegion
01.21.2013 , 12:45 PM | #17
stay close enough to tankm so guard has effect
and in taunt range if you done theese
then it`s tank fault and dps for not taking out the stragglers

SgtKlavier
01.21.2013 , 12:59 PM | #18
One thing that you can employ as a healer to combat this kind of thing happening is having some delay in your healing. Wait until the tank is approaching 40% or so (taking into you account your gear and the tank's of course) before you begin healing, in the hopes that even if mobs do start to come for you, they will be taken care of as the group finishes off the first set of mobs.

legolegion
01.21.2013 , 01:32 PM | #19
side note their are couple bosses who can`t be outright tanked
darth sevrin and one from directive 7
servin has cool down problem due to him diserpearing
best just let tank hit him before anyone does anything
and keep eye on yourself with directive 7 boss

Joesixxpack
01.21.2013 , 02:53 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by slafko View Post
What I've noticed in the False Emperor FP is ...

2) DPS do not bother with weak/normal mobs scattered throughout the group and they rape the healer
I keep seeing lately both DPS focusing on the tank's main target, and leaving the rest of the mobs free to do whatever. Kind of wish the Tionese gear came with a "how to" guide.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op Med
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE