Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Expanding the companion storyline...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Expanding the companion storyline...

kalistea
01.19.2013 , 09:41 AM | #11
Very bad idea indeed :

- there are a lot of players who don't care about romances at all and wouldn't give a damn about any of fhe LIs dying. So the concept of a whole expansion about the loss of your LI would be quite boring for them.

- those, like me, who do care for the romance and their LI would be angry/disappointed and probably leave the game over this. We want more content with our favorite companions, not our LI taken away from us

To quote another poster :

If they kill my Malavai I'm out!

SithKoriandr
01.19.2013 , 07:10 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Oxades View Post
IMO, if that killed every classes “love interest” it would lose the shocking, jaw dropping, tear inducing moment that you trying to create. Also now every classes is in a revenge/justice story and the class stories have lost the distinctness that make you want to play it. However if it was only one class then I think it would have that shocking, jaw dropping, tear inducing moment and a good revenge/justice story without being overdone.

I just hope it’s not the sith warrior because dark side or light side, Vette, Jaesa or Quinn I think that a story where a Darth lord has to deal with the ups and downs of a relationship could be more interesting than a revenge one.
You know. I hadn't thought of that! You're right, it'd be like leveling up a new character, you already ran the missions once, so while it would probably be good the first time through, the other times it becomes more of the same.

SithKoriandr
01.19.2013 , 07:12 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by kalistea View Post
Very bad idea indeed :

- there are a lot of players who don't care about romances at all and wouldn't give a damn about any of fhe LIs dying. So the concept of a whole expansion about the loss of your LI would be quite boring for them.

- those, like me, who do care for the romance and their LI would be angry/disappointed and probably leave the game over this. We want more content with our favorite companions, not our LI taken away from us

To quote another poster :

If they kill my Malavai I'm out!
I can see many are against it. Like I said, just a suggestion based on a reaction from watching Criminal Minds. But I guess it would just be to much.

EntaroAdun
01.20.2013 , 06:10 PM | #14
I agree that the structure of an MMO makes killing off the player's companions a bad idea, even though it could make for an epic story. That said, I do hope they continue the companion stories... the convo with Kira about how the Jedi should rule the Republic makes me think there's some very interesting story material there.

SithKoriandr
01.20.2013 , 06:22 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by EntaroAdun View Post
I agree that the structure of an MMO makes killing off the player's companions a bad idea, even though it could make for an epic story. That said, I do hope they continue the companion stories... the convo with Kira about how the Jedi should rule the Republic makes me think there's some very interesting story material there.
Oh, continuing the storylines with them, I hope, is just a given, even if it seems to be a slow process.

Darka
01.21.2013 , 03:16 AM | #16
I think it would be a good idea, Bioware played too safe with this despite their early talk of being able o kill off companions.
Bring in some consequence.
THE DEFENDER PROGRAM - Gaming Community Est 2006
¬ Information
Owner of the Hat'o'Awesome

Estriga
01.21.2013 , 04:46 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Darka View Post
I think it would be a good idea, Bioware played too safe with this despite their early talk of being able o kill off companions.
Bring in some consequence.
I agree with this. I wouldn't make it love interests, but instead set up a scenario where one of your companions ends up having to sacrifice themselves to save everyone. After that companion dies you unlock a mission series where you get a 7th companion that replaces that missing companion.

_Darkstar
01.21.2013 , 05:43 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Estriga View Post
I agree with this. I wouldn't make it love interests, but instead set up a scenario where one of your companions ends up having to sacrifice themselves to save everyone. After that companion dies you unlock a mission series where you get a 7th companion that replaces that missing companion.
ME1 style where you get to pick who dies?
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Surinen
01.21.2013 , 10:10 AM | #19
I would like Vette to tell me that she cannot continue her life with me on my ship, that she seeks peace and that she is pregnant and want to offer our child a better place to grow up. She would try to leave my spaceship and I would force choke and throw out of the lock into ocean of stars, into the cold of the void !
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

Oxades
01.21.2013 , 04:23 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
I would like Vette to tell me that she cannot continue her life with me on my ship, that she seeks peace and that she is pregnant and want to offer our child a better place to grow up. She would try to leave my spaceship and I would force choke and throw out of the lock into ocean of stars, into the cold of the void !
You are a sick, sick, person.