Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help with security question.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WaldoA
01.21.2013 , 05:03 AM | #1
Hi there, I currently have 2 accounts subscribed to Swtor (I have too many alt characters) and as of right now I cannot access my other account as I've forgotten the answer to one of my security questions (I know the others). I've tried resetting computer and router and It's still asking me the same question upon login, is there any way for me to do something that will make it ask a different question?
I've seen a few people saying I have to contact customer support, but I really really don't want to do that. I had to phone CS before and it took me a good 2 hours just to get a yes or no answer from another query I had.

As I say, I've recently just upgraded to subscriber status and now I cannot even access my character (was playing last night) and I have all information except this one question (oh and I'm sure I actually have the right answer but apparently not).

Long story short, is there anyway I can get the launcher/forums to ask me a different security question as I've forgotten the answer to the current one.

EDIT: I've now tried a few different answers and It's taken me back to the very start of the launcher and giving me the message that 'the patcher service is temporarily unavailable' not sure if this is why it's not working or this is just another way of saying 'too many incorrect security question guesses'

Beesodd
01.21.2013 , 05:08 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi WaldoA,

Unfortunately, we are unable to make any account changes or unlock accounts through the forum, and calling is the way forward.

It should be noted that the type of inquiry will strongly influence the length of the call, and these ones tend to be of the quicker and simpler nature. That said, I can't make any promises, in case something trips the process up.

I'm sorry that I can't do more on this through the forums for you.

Edit response: Yes this error message often indicates a blocked account due to security issue questions.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

OwenBrooks
01.21.2013 , 05:12 AM | #3
If you reset your password it will unlock your account and allow you to try your security question again if you can get it right

https://account.swtor.com/user/password/recover

If not you will need to phone CS to change the security question.

WaldoA
01.21.2013 , 05:12 AM | #4
Thanks for the speedy response, hopefully I can say that the call will be speedy aswell

EDIT: Would you be able to provide me with the freephone numbers for CS again please? can't seem to find them.

Beesodd
01.21.2013 , 05:37 AM | #5 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi again,

Unfortunately, there is no longer a freephone number, and calls will be the same price as a local call.

Contact details can be found here: http://www.swtor.com/support/form

Thanks.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

WaldoA
01.21.2013 , 06:14 AM | #6
SO I've to pay to get my account fixed while I already pay for subscription ( on 2 accounts ) and cartel coins? seems a bit much.

OwenBrooks
01.21.2013 , 06:16 AM | #7
Voip is a good option, costs me 60 cents an hour to phone the US from Australia

WaldoA
01.21.2013 , 06:19 AM | #8
I don't have a mic and my download speed is 0.16kb/s (hilarious I know) so downloading any programmes is probably out of the option aswell.

Wouldn't even mind phoning, it's just last time I was told it'd be a quick process and it took about 2 hours even though it was free.

OwenBrooks
01.21.2013 , 06:25 AM | #9
I wouldn't laugh at your download speed, how does the game play and patch time must be fun for you, are you on a 128 k ISDN or similar ? Voip should be ok it if set up with the right codec.

WaldoA
01.21.2013 , 06:27 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
128 k ISDN
I have absoloutely no idea what that is, my game runs very smooth since it's a relatively new pc and I'm always around like 70+ fps. The patches on the other hand.. ye they do take several hours even for a small fix :P
Hadn't played in a few months and just got back the other day, had to leave my computer on overnight for like a total of 14 hours just to get the patches done.