Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alter.net alter.net alter.net

Mookind
01.20.2013 , 08:31 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Proetus View Post
That's like calling the cable company because you cant get on the internet, because your computer isn't working properly. My computer wont turn on, must be the cable companies fault. Let me call them to fix my computer.

It's simple, if 90% of the players are not experiencing problems, there isn't a problem with the game. Keep in mind, only 5-10% of subscribers post on the forums.
lol this guy is a derp

OwenBrooks
01.20.2013 , 08:46 PM | #32
Issue Op had was major lag issues, now her computer will follow a certain path to the servers, using a VPN will normally go via a different path to the same server.

The fact the issue is gone via the VPN indicates that the original path she took to the servers caused her issues.

The fact the new path got rid of this issue also points to the fact it is not a server issue but a internet network issue.

Does Bioware own the entire internet , no, and cannot control what occurs on it to an extent.

Google major Lag and/or Spikes for every popular online game similar to swtor , let me know if you find one that doesnt have this issue come up.

TheFuzzyFunk
01.20.2013 , 09:05 PM | #33
Is VPN something you have to buy? sorry i dont understand alot of the technical side of computing/networking, and is it easy to use?

OwenBrooks
01.20.2013 , 09:14 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by TheFuzzyFunk View Post
Is VPN something you have to buy? sorry i dont understand alot of the technical side of computing/networking, and is it easy to use?
Simplest way is to google something like battleping or similar type of service.

Some offer free trials so nothing lost.

Edit - whether it fixes someones lag is really down to what is causing it, only one way to know if it helps your particular issue is too try it. There is a reason these sorts of businesses exist and they must work for some or they wouldn't stay in business.

Proetus
01.20.2013 , 09:19 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Issue Op had was major lag issues, now her computer will follow a certain path to the servers, using a VPN will normally go via a different path to the same server.

The fact the issue is gone via the VPN indicates that the original path she took to the servers caused her issues.

The fact the new path got rid of this issue also points to the fact it is not a server issue but a internet network issue.

Does Bioware own the entire internet , no, and cannot control what occurs on it to an extent.

Google major Lag and/or Spikes for every popular online game similar to swtor , let me know if you find one that doesnt have this issue come up.
I guess Owen is a Derp too because he spelled it out right? Everyone is always quick to holler omg the game sucks fix my crap! You got yours fixed Hooray! Berate CS for something they have no control over? Grow up.