Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alter.net alter.net alter.net

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Alter.net alter.net alter.net

Larame
01.17.2013 , 10:51 PM | #11
@ OwenBrooks

I have been combing this forum for a couple of weeks now and many of us have had this happen to us, I believe since it was 1.6. I'm not sure what will be done or what can be done, but if the answer is "nothing can be done", it would at least give me the information that I seek.

OwenBrooks
01.17.2013 , 11:16 PM | #12
I do not think they will give any answer, have a good read of the links I provided, no other MMO normally comments, as it becomes a dangerous path for group thinking to grab hold of and fixate on, best I can suggest is have a read about what can cause lag spikes in games in general and try steps to eliminate anything in your control, after that it is out of your control unfortunately.

Larame
01.18.2013 , 12:20 AM | #13
I am pretty sure that it IS out of my control, and I'm no expert, but I do believe that there should be something that comcast and bioware could discuss that could help me to communicate with their servers better. I'm not alone here, there are many others having the SAME EXACT problem from the SAME EXACT hub.

OwenBrooks
01.18.2013 , 12:26 AM | #14
I understand your pain, I have been there before (not with this game) it is frustrating as hell.

Larame
01.18.2013 , 08:18 PM | #15
Just to update...........I sent in yet another ticket last night about this issue. I got the same automated response.

GOOD: Timely response

BAD: The response had nothing to do with the issue we are having, for the third time.

skiehigh
01.18.2013 , 10:22 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCahlwyn View Post
Or there is nothing to say. Or they have said it several other times. Man I hate that attitude. I wouldn't respond either if I had to deal with pessimists all day.

nothing to say NOTHING TO SAY THEYVE ALREADY SAID IT your right they did say it last tuesday when they patched it was for server stability..... So how come over 1/4 of shadowlands just had a massive dc today. And he's right an automated response when it's not our computers and not on our end is complete BS. My friends I play with in canada east and west coast( im mid) all have the same lag then it is on biowares response. And as preordained just like last time they aimed for server stability it got worse. 8 months ago my ping was 52 then they stabilized servers and it went to normal 74 now its bouncing from 74 to 500 on a regular basis.... So CS what is going on and why have you not yet just replaced your third party service that you are using and have new servers. I mean it's just a thought but by what i can see these issues have been going on since before Feb. and you still use the same people. I understand that you don't control these and maybe it's honestly nothing on your end but entirely on theirs. So replace them and make everybody(except them but who cares its their crappy servers) happy including your overworked teams?

Proetus
01.19.2013 , 07:27 AM | #17
As the OP said, the problem exists at Alter.net 152.63.0.205. More then likely they have a bad piece of equipment that is causing the increase in pings. EA probably has no direct control over this as it looks like MCI/Verizon equipment. I believe the datacenter is run by MCI, don't quote me on that though. And unfortunately, these things take time to troubleshoot, locate the issue and replace the defective piece of equipment. It's not like swapping a cable modem at your house.

Spoiler

Larame
01.19.2013 , 09:26 PM | #18
If I am the only person having this problem, then too bad for me. However, others are having this problem. If I knew more about the technicalities, etc I could say more, but I do not. CS, please reply and let me know what steps to take that are not troubleshooting steps for crashing/freezing................in other words..................bump.

OwenBrooks
01.19.2013 , 09:30 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Larame View Post
If I am the only person having this problem, then too bad for me. However, others are having this problem. If I knew more about the technicalities, etc I could say more, but I do not. CS, please reply and let me know what steps to take that are not troubleshooting steps for crashing/freezing................in other words..................bump.
Only other step you can do is if you are on a wireless connection try connecting by a wired ethernet connection.

Larame
01.19.2013 , 10:13 PM | #20
I'm wired of course.