Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mevan
01.19.2013 , 09:56 AM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
To People freaking out about Reputation:
There are 4 factions, Gree, Voss, Belsavis and Mobile Fleet, which no one know where it will take place. So, even if you dislike PvP, you will still probably have 2-3 factions to get reputation with.
Also, the event will be on for whole year. So, even if you suck at PvP, but want to participate and get rewared from PvP zone, you have plenty of time to train yourself, getting good (or at least mediocre) in PvP is a matter of month at most...
People "freaking out" about reputation aren't freaking out because they "suck at PvP". But I'm not going to explain the issue again, just read the rest of the thread before you post.
Quit as of 2.4. Because the Star Wars IP can only get bad developers so far.

JymmyMorison
01.19.2013 , 11:19 AM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
JymmyMorison: Well, not sure what your problem is, but I have been playing PvP on 5 year old PC (cost me approx 750 USD then, composed of AMD x2 5800, GeForce 8800GTS, 4GB DDR2 RAM, so something comparable to low-mid PC today) with almost no problem (on medium-low settings, rest of game in high-very high), and now I am playing on approx 1200 USD PC (i7 3770, GTX670, 8GB DDR3 RAM) with everything maxed out without problem (no lags anywhere, even in middle of fleet crowd).
we l i got high end system ( fx 8120 @4.3 gtx 670 and 8gb ram) but pvp is unplayable for me

Aries_cz
01.19.2013 , 01:52 PM | #233
JymmyMorison: Now that is strange... we have practically the same setup (just yours AMD instead of my Intel, although I did read somewhere that AMDs have some problems with SWTOR), but you get lags, and I don't. Have you got the game installed on SSD or normal HDD?
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

SpaniardInfinity
01.19.2013 , 02:32 PM | #234
Good to see the word is out on 1.7, hope to see it on the PTS soon.

And as for the panic about PvP, I'd only worry if you were on a PvP server. With the Rakghoul Plague event, there was one world boss in contested PvP territory on PvE servers in the Outlaw's Den (also a free for all). Everything else was outside contested territory, so you'd only get ganked if you neglected to turn off your flag when a bunch of flagged players showed up. Other than the world boss I think there was maybe one item that you needed to venture into contested territory to attain (and I think that item may have been part of a different event). Otherwise, you could quest to your heart's content without the risk of sudden death.

I'd expect much the same in this update.
Aux "Spaniard" Wargarde (Rank 2400+ Combat Medic) | Reighner the Relentless (Conqueror Bodyguard)
The Generalissimo Legacy
<Uncensored>

Darth-Malice
01.19.2013 , 04:41 PM | #235
So is this "Event" Going to be "Fully Voiced" Or will it be thrown together in five minutes like your last event involving the gree?
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Alec_Fortescue
01.19.2013 , 04:42 PM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by ARCCommanderDan View Post
I hope the update hits the PTS soon...next week marks 6 weeks after 1.6 released.
Including or excluding 2 week xmas holiday?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Traditional Jedi robes please! And then I am gone from general discussion. Promise! :]
Devs, it can't get any more iconic and traditional than this: http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg http://i.imgur.com/2NoBT6o.jpg

Spends 2000 euro on a gaming rig exclusively for TOR to be riddled by graphical issues in TOR. Loving it.

AlbusAngelus
01.19.2013 , 04:57 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
If people wanted PvE and PvP content to be blended together they'd ask for it.

PvE server = People who don't want to be forced to PvP
Is that just too simple a concept to understand?
No, YOU obviously missed the point. If the area ends up being as described, and you're not versed in PvP, you don't go there. Simple as that. Do you miss out out on content? Yes. By YOUR choice.

Mevan
01.19.2013 , 06:44 PM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by AlbusAngelus View Post
No, YOU obviously missed the point. If the area ends up being as described, and you're not versed in PvP, you don't go there. Simple as that. Do you miss out out on content? Yes. By YOUR choice.
Forcing people to PvP for PvE rewards and content is 'the point'. Nobody cares if there is PvP ALONGSIDE the PvE, we just care if we're forced to PvP, which is not what we want. If PvE content starts being given out as a reward to griefers instead of PvE players, that is not choice, that is PvE players being prevented from doing the content. So actually, YOU have missed the point... Again.
Quit as of 2.4. Because the Star Wars IP can only get bad developers so far.

Tholdiel
01.20.2013 , 07:35 AM | #239
1. PVE should not be on PVP world !
2. Another grind put into the game why because other MMO's have it?? if you make this faction grind comes in the patch 1.7 have you considered the BH and Smuggler aas being the 2 classes that can be played with both factions? Bounty Hunter servers both Empire and Repiblic in BH missions. Smuggler being able to do the same.
What about flying craft remember the battles on Hoth ?? walkers republic speeders etc why cant they be part of a pvp world they can be bought or built by clans or whomever.
Clan bases on other planets this would give clans something to play for they could actually be part of the world this way.
Flying creatures as in Alderean extending skills things like that in other words adding content.

DuckimusPrime
01.20.2013 , 08:19 AM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
Forcing people to PvP for PvE rewards and content is 'the point'.
Really? Are you sure about that? How do you know it will be forced PVP for PVE rewards? I didn't see anything about the rewards on the update page.

It might even be that the Gree reputation is a PVP rep. With it all being gained through open world PVP missions, and the rewards for that faction may all be PVP based.

Of course, I play on an Oceania server, so having other players actually be in the area won't be a problem. It'll be more of a shock to actually see someone. I hope there's no PVP based missions. It'll suck having to sit around for days and days just to find someone to kill.